Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - April 2016 (Let's Talk)

For 1 month I watched this thread daily and now I realized what the title means.
    The title has a touch of a genius. Let me refresh your memory :

Monthly Development Update - April 2016 (Let's Talk)

Now I know what "(Let's Talk)" Means (cough .. sry) ... means ... It means "You talk, I'll listen" - genial.

And btw, I turned nostalgic and got into TOTW from time to time in this month. Guess what ? GS=1 - full, GS=2 - full, I got myself into GS=3 NICE ! 30+ toons in TOTW means something
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    You're the one escalating your rhetorics tbh. You just took a personal jab at me through "you forum PvP'ers" and "this is just whining". You also neglected legitimate concerns by saying "it's only 1% of the game" (you're talking about making up statistics, eh?). You've clearly stated that you dislike PvP and favor PvM, which is great, but it just makes it more obvious that you are unable to identify with the problems people are voicing.

The post you quoted me on was me refuting that you can make up percentages on the spot and conclude that "it doesn't matter". You write about "the truth hurts". Your truth seems to be that people should just accept MB and broken PvP and move on. What kind of attitude is that to have for a professional who is supposed to help develop the game for the whole community on behalf of his profession?

Late edit:
    I just read over the past 3-5 of my posts in this thread just to see where you might think I'm whining and about to attack you personally. I know I can be unreasonable at times just like everyone else, but reading your posts and my own on the last 1-2 pages I really think you should take a close look at what you are accusing me of and how you yourself are writing. I'm not the one escalating or making up facts.
    You are talking complete nonsense... still. Did you choose to not read that I agree that it should be fixed? Or did you conveniently overlook that, and jab at my position because I don't think 100% of what your saying is right? Seriously, you're not the first to do that, probably not the last, and I am completely unphased by it now.

I'm glad you brought that up, too. That's the reason for my posting in this thread in first place. The average player doesn't come to the forums, because they're barely helpful or interesting to read any longer. Almost every post is useless anti-multiboxing, anti-Funcom, anti-Agent... pure negativity. No one in their right mind would come back here if they'd never been before until recently. Recently, PVM content has drawn players to come back, or log in and play for a short time at least. Rebalances and /assist removal have done nothing or driven more to leave.

Now, you could keep saying I'm making that up, since it doesn't fit your perfect vision of the game. However, I don't deal with make believe and opinions, I deal in facts. Apparently, Funcom does too. If they listened to everything on the forums, the game would be long gone by now.

And, the simple fact remains... PVP is not the top priority, because PVP'ers will NEVER be happy. When multiboxing is banned or fades off, what will the next game-breaking, end of the world problem be? It will be something... And left with no answers, you've all degenerated in quite an unruly mob. If this REALLY is more of a problem than I believe it to be, prove me wrong. Unify those opposed to it in a new thread that's free of nonsense and whining. Make a proper statement, and ask those who post for simply either "I support a ban on PVP multiboxing" or "I do not support a ban on PVP multiboxing". This forum has good potential to get things done if you all could learn how to work together once in a while, instead of just endless bickering. If you can't work together, and you look like an unruly mob to me, then you probably look like it to Funcom. They're the ones you have to convince.

Sitting here squabbling with me is a waste of your time and mine. Especially since we fundamentally agree, but I don't give a crap about it. If you want PVP to change, I recommend you find unity here.

Quote Originally Posted by PigBrother View Post
    For 1 month I watched this thread daily and now I realized what the title means.
    The title has a touch of a genius. Let me refresh your memory :

Monthly Development Update - April 2016 (Let's Talk)

Now I know what "(Let's Talk)" Means (cough .. sry) ... means ... It means "You talk, I'll listen" - genial.
    Michi's a smart guy...I heard storiez... Good ones.

Some say... He's a tall Atrox with antlers, one beast shoulder showing, and dual rocket launchers, or that he can spawn 20 pets at a time.

All we know is... He's called Michizure.
    Last edited by Vinkera; May 31st, 2016 at 05:29:43.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    You are talking complete nonsense... still. [...]
    I'll just quote myself.

[...] reading your posts and my own on the last 1-2 pages I really think you should take a close look at what you are accusing me of and how you yourself are writing. I'm not the one escalating or making up facts.
    You say that the average player doesn't come to the forum because people whine, flame and complain too much. Well, when you point a finger...
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Let me simplify what I said...

Take a stand and do what you can to make the change you want happen, or just keep being a forum pvper and get nothing done.

I really don't care either way.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    Take a stand and do what you can to make the change you want happen[...]
    And that is not what is going on here? If you roll back a few pages I supplied a suggestion on how MB in NW/PvP could be solved with no need for implementation or alteration of game mechanics. It was a suggestion repeated a page or two later by Caloss2.

I'm very curious to know what avenues you think I have other than describing the problem I see and offering a solution with no impact to other players? I'm looking forward to an answer from you on that.

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Mate stop talking nonsense.

It seems there are a few players in game that cant grasp the idea of doing content just to have fun.. not so much finding enjoyment in the killing of the actual mobs but more in the fun they have with the players they play alongside whilst they complete the ingame content. A staple argument from pvpers .. to do pvp... is that there is no fun killing a computer controlled mob that cant think for itself.. that there is no challenge... but this pvmers standpoint, there is no fun in killing a player. What could you possibly gain. Epeen? a kill count? an over inflated ego? a self imposed image of self importance? lol good for you? People like you think it is either you enjoy pvp or you enjoy killing a mob lol... It stands to reason that the characteristic of the person who enjoys pvp is anti-social and self orientated but it beggars belief that an intelligent being can not grasp the simple concept of the world being bigger than themselves. (i.e their own personal likes/dislikes not being shared by everyone).
    WTFPWN

That post needs to be stickied lol.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

there is no fun in killing a player. What could you possibly gain. Epeen?
    its mostly about winning, because noone wants to be a loser, example in notum wars i can die and still i wins at the end. so, its not only about the killing, its about dying aswell because most ppl give up after a few attempts while others keep coming back with new tactics new strategies, new buffs untill they wins. what you gain is entertainments while epeen is a plus, but its not necessary
    a kill count?
    kill count is like serial killer, to see who has biggest killingsprees etc, its not my style
    an over inflated ego?
    all the toon i play have nicknames that doesnt represent ego or anything
    a self imposed image of self importance?
    if you wins too often, ppl will think you are some kind of a badass in real life or they consider you as importent ally, while in reality most ppl just sits infront of their computers in boxershorts eating noodles, some will likes you, some will disslike you, most ppl dont care about what you do. but all in all its entertaining to make some dramas and at the same time use ethics and moral to justify your actions then its all cool, because is just a game after all and the best is karma wont punish you either
    lol good for you?
    its good because after you have got all the items ingame, all the credits, done all the content over and over multible times, and you feel like your toon is on godmode, its fun to use that toon for something else, like pvp, duel, battleship, notum wars etc it makes the game meaningful because you dont want to stop ao or getting bored by rerolling
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; Jun 1st, 2016 at 00:57:48.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

And that is not what is going on here? If you roll back a few pages I supplied a suggestion on how MB in NW/PvP could be solved with no need for implementation or alteration of game mechanics. It was a suggestion repeated a page or two later by Caloss2.

I'm very curious to know what avenues you think I have other than describing the problem I see and offering a solution with no impact to other players? I'm looking forward to an answer from you on that.
    Read what I wrote already.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

@gresh

If you're so dissatisfied, take a breather and go get some fresh air. It sounds like you need it.

And in reply to your comment: Teaching someone or giving solid advice about how to beat an instance/boss, is hardly the same thing as giving coveted gear away. If there are scraps going to waste, sure, I'll try to recycle them to org or FFA them. But 9/10 I can't be bothered to roll stuff and wait around while people are logging alts or running all over RK. I'd just as soon let anything rot if it's not snatched up immediately.

While I can also appreciate doing content with a new toon or whatever, eventually, after doing that same content 3-4 times or however many times it takes you to get what you needed, then you wonder ok.. what should I do next? When you're max geared, it's not like you have serious desires to go complete X content again. At some point you want a different challenge. And the PVM'ers roll new toons, and the PVPers PVP. Eventually the PVMers run out of account slots and might start to dabble in PVP, and up until about 4 years ago, most who did dabble got hooked on it. Because PVP and NW is one of the last two bastions of AO that still hold out and fully embrace the zerg and the crazy community that comes with it.

There is no more zerg at APF
    There is no more zerg at Beast
    There is occasionally a zerg at S42
    There is no more zerg at PVP - but there would be, if MB's were banned.

Joining in...

Fix the storyline and RPers will flock back! Back before the story was stopped (the first time) RPers were only slightly less numerous than those who did PvM/PvP. Think of the monies

/Sarcasm

Play the game and enjoy it as it stands, if you don't like it then move along to something you do like. Sure you can make a suggestion on how you think the game may be improved; but if it isn't done, even after countless times of suggesting it - get over it and either continue playing or move along.

You aren't entitled to have the game ran how you deem fit, paying customer or not. No matter if it seems like a common sense idea or not, no matter how many support your idea or not. Stop whining, enjoy what content you have - if there's something you don't like in particular content, try other content in the game - if you don't like that, time to move onto another game! Continuously barraging the forums with the same whine isn't doing anything.

(Not aimed at anyone specific).
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

@Agentcora

Wise words ...
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    Joining in...

Fix the storyline and RPers will flock back! Back before the story was stopped (the first time) RPers were only slightly less numerous than those who did PvM/PvP. Think of the monies

/Sarcasm

Play the game and enjoy it as it stands, if you don't like it then move along to something you do like. Sure you can make a suggestion on how you think the game may be improved; but if it isn't done, even after countless times of suggesting it - get over it and either continue playing or move along.

You aren't entitled to have the game ran how you deem fit, paying customer or not. No matter if it seems like a common sense idea or not, no matter how many support your idea or not. Stop whining, enjoy what content you have - if there's something you don't like in particular content, try other content in the game - if you don't like that, time to move onto another game! Continuously barraging the forums with the same whine isn't doing anything.

(Not aimed at anyone specific).
    You really haven't grasped the situation at all, it's all fine and dandy thinking you've taken some mature intellectual high ground by saying "play it as it stands or move on" but you haven't, the game wasn't actually designed to have selfish "my bat and my ball screw everyone else" types exploit a technical loophole in the game rules and use third-party software to give themselves an advantage over other players.

That's what people are complaining about; a blatant abuse of the system.

Players just "moving on" is absolutely not a solution at all, it is infact a symptom of the problem.

Paying customers are entitled to complain.
    Take your own advice and "move on" if you don't like reading those complaints.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    You really haven't grasped the situation at all, it's all fine and dandy thinking you've taken some mature intellectual high ground by saying "play it as it stands or move on" but you haven't, the game wasn't actually designed to have selfish "my bat and my ball screw everyone else" types exploit a technical loophole in the game rules and use third-party software to give themselves an advantage over other players.

Players just "moving on" is absolutely not a solution at all, it is infact a symptom of the problem.

Thank you.

Exactly.

Dissatisfied customers either complain or they do not. If they do complain they give the business a better direction as to why they are dissatisfied, instead of just leaving them clueless. Without strong internal systems this is without doubt the best (and perhaps only) way for Funcom to understand what is causing dissatisfaction with their product, leaving them in a better position to retain loyal playing customers. Complaining customers have found a reason to complain, meaning that they are willing to remain paying customers if the complaints are handled correctly, and perhaps even make them more satisfied in the end. Effort should be placed on retaining these customers, instead of those who leave in silence. The public bulletin board is one place for customers to voice a public complaint.

Instead of "whining" about other people "whining" you can accept the fact that people do not complain just for the sake of complaining. Look rather to the reason why these complains still arise on the public forums. One obvious reason is Funcoms total lack of communication. Do not discourage people from complaining, it is more important than you might imagine, even if you do not agree with it.

Oh I SEE, you mean you are complaining about people who PAY for additional accounts and want to play them at the same time! BTW it doesnt take 3rd party software to broadcast key strokes, you can do that with key mapping from windows AND linux. Unless you consider the OS a 3rd party software smh.

You of course are not complaining about the blatant abuse of the system by twinking on OE equipment from buying lootrights or farmed with higher lvl alts. Because thats not an abuse, thats the way it supposed to be, riiiight. I mean its not an "abuse of the system" if your lvl 60 twink has +10 ring right? Of course not, pvp players dont "abuse the system" at all.

#Hypocrisy
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

we have 1 part that dislike mb and demands a fix, and 2 part that dont a fix which effecting their playstyle, which i understands and agrees with all of you guys. so lets be realistic if you guys want a genuine fix that dont causes any side effects, i think you guys should work together towards a resolutions then try to understands instead of flaming eachothers. because as i see this all you guys are actually agreeing on something here, but i think you guys misunderstands due to your epeens are interrupting eachothers too much.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    we have 1 part that dislike mb and demands a fix, and 2 part that dont a fix which effecting their playstyle, which i understands and agrees with all of you guys. so lets be realistic if you guys want a genuine fix that dont causes any side effects, i think you guys should work together towards a resolutions then try to understands instead of flaming eachothers. because as i see this all you guys are actually agreeing on something here, but i think you guys misunderstands due to your epeens are interrupting eachothers too much.
    That's exactly what I'm saying.

Pissing contests are pointless, and getting everyone no where. Misinterpretation and starting arguments with people that fundamentally agree makes everyone look foolish.

If anyone's wondering why Funcom maybe doesn't take this issue seriously, that's why. If you guys really want a fix, someone do as I suggested earlier and make a decrapenated, proper thread that has just "I support PVP MB ban" or "I don't support PVP MB ban" responses. All the other fluff is not necessary, as it's been reiterated in like every single thread for a LONG time now.

In short... Learn how to work together for once if you want something fixed, sheesh...
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Meanwhile, new month, ready for sexy dev monthly letter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I'm all fine for people complaining and suggesting improvements, I actually fully grasp the situation, I used to love PvP and always join in with Towers and due to MB I've stopped - so it's directly effected my game play as well and personally i'd love to see MB removed. However, FC/Michi/Odon by now will be very aware of players dissatisfaction with it and the want for it to be removed. My point is, they are aware. The point has been made, numerous times - there is no need to continually raise it especially the volume of which this specific problem is raised.

Is it ideal? Not at all, is it offputting for players? Certainly. However, until it is fixed, why bother continually posting the same over and over? I'm pretty confident everyone is aware doing so won't make a fix come any faster, if one comes at all. If one doesn't come then, yeah people kind of need to deal with it.

So I don't disagree that the issue is serious, I just think the previous posts about it are quite sufficient for it to be voiced across. Now people need to wait for the fix. Until that time comes, deal with it or take a break, whatever. I personally just don't see the need to continue posting it over, and over.

I have taken my advice, i generally don't enter any other part of the forums other than RP sections these days.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Oh I SEE, you mean you are complaining about people who PAY for additional accounts and want to play them at the same time! BTW it doesnt take 3rd party software to broadcast key strokes, you can do that with key mapping from windows AND linux. Unless you consider the OS a 3rd party software smh.

You of course are not complaining about the blatant abuse of the system by twinking on OE equipment from buying lootrights or farmed with higher lvl alts. Because thats not an abuse, thats the way it supposed to be, riiiight. I mean its not an "abuse of the system" if your lvl 60 twink has +10 ring right? Of course not, pvp players dont "abuse the system" at all.

#Hypocrisy
    #triggered
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast