Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: new shade, needs suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by MrXaatXuun View Post
    well just discovered a messed up deal

you can't have the Shades buff Sneak, and a Feline Grace at the same time
    I was able to find someone to cast the FG, then I went to cast Sneak, and Sneaked removed the FG

what makes this frustrating is shades are level locked on getting better Spirits, where any other Class at the same level are not and can where Implants twice their level (lvl 80)
    I'm a Idiot
    if I had actually read what I wrote, I would had figured it out sooner, I do have Spirits to increase Attributes just so I can get on better gear

Auno.org
    Aoitems.com
    Ao-univers.com
    All these sites are very useful ,auno is not updated but has awesome info and u canbuild equips

how do I get the Perks to show ? (at Auno)

what my current setup is as I log out today

hope I linked it correctly

I honestly thought I had higher QL Spirits, then what I actually have on , after doing this I see .. "daaamn, no wonder it's been tough lately"

To add your perks, go to the Perk Planner, set up your perks and save the config.
    Then in the equip config page, click `Edit` next to perks, and select your saved perk config from the dropdown, then close.

And then you can resave your equip config. As a note, if you choose the same name to save the config as your previous saved config, it will update it so the saveid remains the same and you don't need to relink it.

EDIT:
    Some possible changes for your config.
    • Collar Casero de la Cripta for your neck item. You can get a BM Mocham + Wrangle to help you into it. It's what I used on mine till, well, pretty much end-game before they gave shades token boards...
    • Nar Shere's Earring of Tapping for HUD2. Not to much stat-wise, but every point can be handy.
    • Eremite Macro Sensor for HUD1 to give you 1 crit decrease. Alternatively, one of the Research Attunement Devices, 200 Victory Points for each one, buyable in the Battlestation staging area. You buy the level one version, and r-click upgrade it at level 150+ and 200+.
    Last edited by Wakizaka; May 13th, 2016 at 13:06:51.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I actually just looted the Eremite Macro Sensor, was kind of a coin flip to keep the Endorphin Factory

seeing if I did it right [first attempt was a fail]

Lets try it again . and seems I messed up on the save as well, it didn't change the first link
    one thing that is missing is the Hacked Treatment library, there was no selection for it in uti 1
    Last edited by MrXaatXuun; May 13th, 2016 at 13:23:59.

The macro sensor goes in HUD3.
    Apologies for the confusion.
    So you can still keep the Endorphin Factory in HUD1.

I clearly haven't had enough coffee today to pay attention.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    To add your perks, go to the Perk Planner, set up your perks and save the config.
    Then in the equip config page, click `Edit` next to perks, and select your saved perk config from the dropdown, then close.

And then you can resave your equip config. As a note, if you choose the same name to save the config as your previous saved config, it will update it so the saveid remains the same and you don't need to relink it.

EDIT:
    Some possible changes for your config.
    • Collar Casero de la Cripta for your neck item. You can get a BM Mocham + Wrangle to help you into it. It's what I used on mine till, well, pretty much end-game before they gave shades token boards...
    • Nar Shere's Earring of Tapping for HUD2. Not to much stat-wise, but every point can be handy.
    • Eremite Macro Sensor for HUD1 to give you 1 crit decrease. Alternatively, one of the Research Attunement Devices, 200 Victory Points for each one, buyable in the Battlestation staging area. You buy the level one version, and r-click upgrade it at level 150+ and 200+.
    when I look into it tomorrow, I am guessing it's the 160 wrangle I'll be needing ?
    yeah that Research Attunment Device I saw, but getting into a BS at my level and at my play times is pretty much not going to happen

The macro sensor goes in HUD3.
    Apologies for the confusion.
    So you can still keep the Endorphin Factory in HUD1.

I clearly haven't had enough coffee today to pay attention.
    oh yeah . . that's right, it was the scope thingy

Quote Originally Posted by MrXaatXuun View Post
    when I look into it tomorrow, I am guessing it's the 160 wrangle I'll be needing ?
    yeah that Research Attunment Device I saw, but getting into a BS at my level and at my play times is pretty much not going to happen
    You can get a PvP daily from inside the antiques shop in Borealis.
    From the NPC, he has a couple choices.
    • Battlestations (rewards for 3x complete)
    • Tower tagging
    • Notum Miners
    • Tarasque

You can easily do either the tower tagging or killing notum miners which still give decent VP, just not as good on the XP side as the BS one for example.

As for the wrangle, the best you'd be able to get at your level is the 132 team wrangle. The umbral wrangles are level locked on target.

Another option to get vp's .....LE mishion all mobs drop them inside
    On top of that u get Axp and if u manage to kill boss u can also get type's to upgrade ofab armor .....for some key lvls those types can be sold for some decent cash.
    Last edited by Eqvestre; May 13th, 2016 at 14:29:38.

I bought that Collar Casero de la Cripta, thought I look in the market, and very affordable , should be in the mail after I hit the submit button here

well, I'll be gone for a while, will still have access to read the forums , just not to the game . . be just over a week to possibly 3 weeks

McKnuckle gifted me some future items . . awesome, thanks

in return I gave 'em the gear I no longer needed for their new Shade

well I might have some short time tomorrow to play before I go

You can get a PvP daily from inside the antiques shop in Borealis.
    From the NPC, he has a couple choices.
    • Battlestations (rewards for 3x complete)
    • Tower tagging
    • Notum Miners
    • Tarasque

You can easily do either the tower tagging or killing notum miners which still give decent VP, just not as good on the XP side as the BS one for example.

As for the wrangle, the best you'd be able to get at your level is the 132 team wrangle. The umbral wrangles are level locked on target.
    either I never knew of that spot, or never found it before, or totally forgotten that spot was there.

Thanks
    checking it out now

ETA: I seem to be cursed to never earn any VP
    Last edited by MrXaatXuun; May 25th, 2016 at 07:52:50.

Getting VP is a tricky business

If you are only trying to get 200/400 etc for the LE research huds, then doing LE missions or notum miners is fine.

However, if you want nanos, you're kinda screwed. You'll NEED to get first to a level at which BS runs (101-150 probably runs once in a while), and at the very least you could spam that for a few days while running daily missions and eventually work your way up to how much you need.

For other stuff like armor, god forbid you want any.. do not, EVER try to get any at any level other than 215+ otherwise you will not only quit the game but probably quit life.

Your best bet, if you want armor (or VP for armor) is just to buy it on GMI or ask around in your org for a shade who has some spare VP and ask if you can make a trade/do some favors, whatever, to get a piece... and only EVER get the absolute necessity piece (i.e. gloves for shade). Anything else, just live with what you've got or try to find a workaround.

what level are you now? I'm level 112 I think and I played for half an hour last night. If you're around look me up and we can do a mantis daily or something. (noobaspoke)

I've been gone, when I got back last night I logged in, and checked what level you got up too, . . yup .. you passed me, just dinged 90, was on the verge of 91 and a MOrtiig snuck up behind me, I can handle 'em 1v1, but more then that I gotta run, I wasn't quick enough this time, them guys are fast, or have super long go-go gadget arms . .ouchy

tjhose Nanos are PvP related ? aren't they
    I'm more of just a PvM, I'll PvP if need be for gear, but I'm not very good at it, heck I'm not that good in PvM.
    NOw that doesn't mean I don't like PvP, I just don't care how it works by the roll of dice, hate seeing a miss, when I have a barrel against someones back

is it just the Arm spirits that give Piercing ?

NvM, found Oppressed Midriff Spirit of Strength does as well
    Last edited by MrXaatXuun; May 25th, 2016 at 12:52:04.

added my set up in sig, see if it shows
    Xaatsha2 ++Current setup++ - The Main
    Xaatma2 - Formally know as 'The Main'
    Xaatphd2-Future Doc . Xaatkeep
    -Future Keeper . Xaatmur -Future MP

It does.

You can take a look at a pair of Sandy Piece of Goo or one of those and a Cyborg Wrist Computer in the R-Wrist slot for a bit more defence/ACs.

killing the miners -
    doing that /Terminate is not working for me, I just need to wait for them to spawn.
    Using the time stamp as a timer, it's any where between 3-6 minutes

I've been kinda avoiding getting AC items, in favor of more offense and damage, I feel more more comfortable that way, as much as I want, I can't have my dial at full AGG, it's been around 50%. No fun doing slow attacks

forgot to ask,
    Is there anything in The Reck that would be of interest to the Shade ?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast