Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: new shade, needs suggestions

yes eg. shades 1 2, Bracer, neut merit board

Thank you kemi

Maybe I did something wrong, but those need Intel

hmmm, I'll know more once I hit the TL4 caps, to see if I would have enough IP to place in Intel. I doubt Spirits will make up enough to cover what I hadn't spent in Intel

Well I do have a moment, might check it on testlive, may not get the same results as I would on live but would give me a ball park Idea

update, I went to TL and forgot to disable xp gains
    having troubles trying to reproduce my character and at a lvl 145, can't get same gear for that level, when I wazs doing research and was leveled to 200 (because I forgot to disable xp gains) I quit
    sux because I would need to play in Arete to get the spirit syphon nano, seems you don't get it from Auto, So need to start all over again, but play through Arete.

So maybe later I'll try again.
    kinda missed up would be nice if I could just copied my character to TL, and work from there.
    Unfortunately Testlive is more geared for end game testing and not early or mid way, not really designed to test set ups, I understand that
    Last edited by MrXaatXuun; May 29th, 2016 at 23:29:13.
    Xaatsha2 ++Current setup++ - The Main
    Xaatma2 - Formally know as 'The Main'
    Xaatphd2-Future Doc . Xaatkeep
    -Future Keeper . Xaatmur -Future MP

dang, today's lesson learned, if you don't add to Intel, you'll stay Capped on CompLit for a long time

intel is definitely worth IPing from the point of view that you get really good trickle into all your nanoskills.

So it's like this, if you spend 100 points in intel, you get:

100*0.25 = 25 comp lit
    100*0.25*0.8= 20 bio met, psych mod, sense imp, time space, matter met, matter creation

Honestly, just from nanoskills alone you gain back everything you spend because you get 5x skills you need in nanoskills, so, 5*20% trickle = 100%

Hence, any 5 points you spend, you get at LEAST 1 point back in 5 different skills.

In general, the best skills to skill as shade are:

1. agi for spirits /primary
    2. sense for spirits /primary
    3. intel trickles nanoskills/CL/MM I think
    4. strength - trickles piercing
    5. stamina - second least needed until later - trickles BD
    6. psych - least needed

In general though, you always want to IP your base stats enough that you don't get the message that says the skill you are trying to raise is limited by the base stat XXX.. not sure of wording, but basically if the base stat that contributes to a specific skill is too low, you won't be able to raise it further.

If a base stat is really low, and you don't raise it, and you keep maxing a skill that requires that base stat, you'll find that when you finally do raise it that your 'max' for that skill is actually WAY higher than it was. So that's kind of a hidden bonus. But what you mentioned about CL is exactly what I'm refering to. Intel is low so your CL is capped artificially low on account of limitations on the base stat.

I should had known this already.
    But it is Lessons like that, that stick with me.
    yeah my CL had not moved since around mid sixties, I had guesstimated I would be close to 500CL @100, if I had all the right stuff, never really looked at the numbers, just seemed it would be close, and possible.
    I didn't think that not adding IP to Intel would halt that.
    If it wasn't for kemi's Post, I would not yet had figured my mistake, when I was checking the build on Testlive

just peeked, looks like Psychic is needed in, just for 20%Sneak Attack . . 20%Dimach (don't use much here, so no loss). . 80% Nano Resist (I don't use IP anymore) . . 70% Nano pool (just keep it high enough to buff not hurting me there either) . .20% Bio Met . . . and that's about it, so really Psychic being low won't hurt. I did see Intell for more attributes I do use, and one important one (becides CL), is First Aid

Sometimes it takes little eye openers like today's lesson for me to see what I should be doing

One thing that bugs me .. . you siphon a spirit, from a 120+ mob, and if you do get a spirit, it's only if your luck .. lvl 73, if you're super duper lucky it might be a ql81

A spirit you need to be level 81 to use is actually ql110, but yeah still pretty low. You can see what level spirit an level x mob will drop if you check out the spirit siphon item description at aoitems. It's basically slightly lower than the mob.

If it was exactly drops like those, I wouldn't have a problem, but I was getting a lot of 56 and 66, from 110+ mobs, if I was getting QL81 Spirits from 110's , I'm cool with that, but I wasn't getting QL81+, from 110 mobs, I did get a 95 once, and a 117. Those 2 were the only spirits, above 81 I have ever picked up

seems the higher the level I get the bigger the spread is on the QL drops

getting a QL81 spirit from a 110 .. cool, getting a QL56 Spirit from a 110 . . Not Cool

I must have the worse luck with drops, if I didn't get any help from other players, doubt I would even be wearing spirits above QL 56

Just an FYI.

The level wearable is 73% what the QL is.

If you want to find the QL of the spirit, take the level wearable and multiply by 1.369.

59*1.369~80
    66*1.369~90
    73*1.369~100
    81*1.369~110
    88*1.369~120
    95*1.369~130
    103*1.369~141 =>140
    110*1.369~150

etc.

There is some rounding errors, but it works all the way up to 300. Spirits (and symbs) occur every 10 levels, and there is nothing in between except at very low levels where the system breaks down.

Thanks for the information.

but the part that bugs me, is getting a QL56 Spirits, from a LvL 100-109 mob

a bit restless, so spent a little time working with what little content I have for males, in DAZ3D, to see if I could come close to recreating Xaatsha2.
    going to see if I can get the skin the right color, if I decide to go back to working on it

Click here to see the image

one thing that is nice about playing the shade

you can swap Spirits, without the machine help, so I can swap for buff, then swap back the damage or defense Spirits

I can't find something to use for 1 Utility slot, something that would replace Melee Fighter's Control Manual .

Quote Originally Posted by MrXaatXuun View Post
    I can't find something to use for 1 Utility slot, something that would replace Melee Fighter's Control Manual .
    How about a Flurry of Blows at an appropriate QL?
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

don't know why I didn't think of that, sure I'll give it a try

Thank you

I keep searching for shoulder gear, I'm now near 150
    is there shoulder gear for that level, I'm still using one of the shoulders pads from Arete, am working on the Old Shoulderpads Quests, just keep forgetting to go back to completing it, just have to go kill the Trash King, which I'll need help when I do . . at this point he's the only one I cannot kill.
    I think when I do the other pads, I'll kill and loot after tagging them, so I don't have to repeat hunting them all down again

Might of the Revenant + Barrow Strength make good pvm options for shade. ++ Dmg = love. They can be found in Temple of the Three Winds and Inner Sanctum.

Virral Triumvirate Eggs are always nice if you cant find anything better.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Icey007 View Post
    Might of the Revenant + Barrow Strength make good pvm options for shade. ++ Dmg = love. They can be found in Temple of the Three Winds and Inner Sanctum.
    I might know why I don't have those . . I didn't spend much time in ToTW
    I thought I had them, but nothing in my Bank

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Virral Triumvirate Eggs are always nice if you cant find anything better.
    Might be something I'll need to spend time getting

I kinda would like a easier way of searching for gear. I'm just bad at search

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast