Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Idea to weaken Multiboxes in PvP

New Idea to weaken Multiboxes in PvP

EDIT : well okay my Idea had more weak Spots than i expected , scroll down to see a awesome Idea by Awikun

First off :

This is NOT the ultimate Solution since you still gonna need some Manpower to take out a Multibox but it will give you a better fighting Chance and add new Tactics to legit Tower-PvP as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Idea behind :

What makes a Multibox so deadly besides the sheer Numbers 1 Player can bring into Battle ... the Ability to focus Specials/Perks/Pets& Nukes.

The Idea :

A unresistable Nano that forces both the Caster and his Opponent to fight eachother for 15 to 30 seconds .
    The Nano can only be cast in Zones with 25% or less Supressiongas .
    The Nano can be cast upon your own Faction only in 5 % and 0% Gas.
    The Nano cannot be cast upon yourself , your Teammates or your Raidinterface .
    It disables targeting anything other than himself and the engaged Enemy and the Ability to zone/grid/beacon for both Toons involved.
    Both are still attackable & healable by anyone else , if they use AoE-Effects it still hurts/heals/buffs/debuffs .
    The Nano cannot be overwritten or refreshed and both Fighters gain Immunity afterwards for 15-30 Sec.

================================================== ============

Impact :

A dedicated Team of twinked up Toons could engage a Multibox and pretty much fight each Toons seperatly.
    Scripts no matter how advanced cannot make up for a good Player in a 1 on1 Situation , the "Hunters" should have a good chance of taking out the Multibox if their Toons and Playstyle are good enough.
    The Multiboxer still has the "Teammates" he paid for and will recieve Blockers , be able to use BGH etc....
    The Nano could be used to temporarely disable a Targetcaller / Doctor from doing his Duty.
    The Nano could make lesser geared People who dont care about reclaiming important if they sacrifice themself for the Benefit of their Side.
    Funcom could reverse the Changes to /assist and Meeps IF after a Period of testing this Idea proves to be practical.

Last edited by Dollcet; May 15th, 2016 at 15:45:12.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

so it still requires 6 people to kill 1 mber? lol what does this solve?

See first Line , its no perfect Solution but just a Way to challenge Multiboxes with a higher Change of Sucess.

When i asked for Feedback ingame before posting this one of the People who chatted me up was Meliz ...c0...
    ..while i am not fully sure on her Intents one of the Things she said was that now after the Changes to /Assit she has a hard Time fighting 2 complete Teams while before she could stomp as much as 4 Teams.
    Now i havent observed any of her Fights but if shes still takes on 2 Teams any Change that gives a Single Team a decent Chance of taking her out should be considerd a Step in the right Direction.
    Last edited by Dollcet; May 15th, 2016 at 06:55:59.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are free Players

Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post
    Funcom could reverse the Changes to /assist and Meeps IF after a Period of testing this Idea proves to be practical.
    Funcom can reverse these changes right here, right now. We already know they didn't help fighting MB, so might as well bring it back to how it was.

Thing is, for 3+ years these topics have shown up every now and then. Someone starts a thread about how MB ruins the game (which is pretty much proven by now) and some other people post ideas how to fix it, because Funcom won't do a thing. None of them have made it ingame (except those mentioned above, and they're a fail), so I'm fairly certain yours won't either.
    If you want to get rid of MB in PvP without screwing up anything for the non-MB PvP and PvM, you simply have to make it a bannable offence.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

This is a really weird idea to try to fix Tower wars, its suppose to be an raid vs raid pvp match, this turns it into a mini semi-duel tournament. If we try to fix a problem by patching it up with band aids, it will break. The only way to really fix this has to be a more thorough change.

Downwote!

Way too complicated, requires new things to be coded ingame just for it to work and "must not have X nano effect active" has to be added to every possible zoning item. Remember its pretty much a 1 man show for AO (Michi).

This nano would have to be able to make a "duel" like scenario while still working when 1 or both players are Flagged, Teamed AND stop other players/teammates from attacking or interfering in any way.
    Since duels don't support the first 2 of the above a new duel system would have to be made just for this nano.

While writing this a "possible" reason for how this would still favor MBers came to me, basically the MBers will just bring a second group of "forced duel toons" to use on docs/fixers/others so the main MB team can pick off the stragglers before they get off their nanos. The extra toons will likely just be shield MPs or NTs as to lessen the chance of any from dying before the nano duration runs out, that or they can just beacon them back later.

Even if the idea is fine-tuned its still just a less effective and more difficult version of "MBers no longer allowed in PVP activities".

Its just a bad idea.
    Here is a GOOD IDEA HOW TO KILL MULTIBOXING:
    (I am not a programmer so I am not sure if its easy to implement but here I present the general idea)
    1. majority of MB usually runs multiple AO clients on the same computer (if he has several computers then my solution would not work)
    2. Make separate AO clients comunicate with each other and if any character is inside pvp zone (low gas or battle station) then any other character trying to zone to the same area should result in closing this client and logging off such character.

That would solve the problem of MB! and what is more important it would not hurt casual players from loging their buff toon or bank toons and transfering items or buffing other characters.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

I wish I could offer something a bit more constructive than what I'm about to say, but there's just not much to say that hasn't already been said.

It is a terrible, terrible idea.

Sorry.
    Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Its just a bad idea.
    (I am not a programmer so I am not sure if its easy to implement but here I present the general idea)
    1. majority of MB usually runs multiple AO clients on the same computer (if he has several computers then my solution would not work)
    2. Make separate AO clients comunicate with each other and if any character is inside pvp zone (low gas or battle station) then any other character trying to zone to the same area should result in closing this client and logging off such character.

That would solve the problem of MB! and what is more important it would not hurt casual players from loging their buff toon or bank toons and transfering items or buffing other characters.
    That is so simple that a 1. semester programming undergraduate should be able to pull that off.
    Source: I am a programmer

Hmm okay this turns out to be totally not what i expected but i gotta say i like Awikuns Idea too * thumbs up from me *

Could you place that Idea in a seperate Thread so Michi/FC is more likely to see it ?
    -----
    -----
    -there are free Players

Awi's idea is completely reasonable, and it's one put forth a few times.

One thing that's been left unsaid is that one thing an MB still has is a crapload of toons. So even if you defeat one, he alt tabs to the next, joins the fray, and each time he dies he still has insane staying power because of how many toons he's built.

Isn't that enough of advantage? I would say so. But anyway, +1 for awi's idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Its just a bad idea.

I have the code for this if FC is interested.
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sleekyz View Post
    I have the code for this if FC is interested.
    Just because you're actually kinda cool now, I will tell you that I was actually afraid of your enforcer, back when we used to PVP.

Even more than gagge.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Just because you're actually kinda cool now, I will tell you that I was actually afraid of your enforcer, back when we used to PVP.

Even more than gagge.
    Nothing to be scared of now. 18.7 happened.
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

The most effective tool against MBers was already ingame - crat AOE fear. I remember it was quite a pain to get my characters back together when they were feared out of visibility range.

Fear was nerfed too hard, it just needed few tweaks - locks on target to prevent chain fears, random duration, no 100% immunities, cooldown on removers, no immunity and remover for same profession, working NR check.

Quote Originally Posted by ninst View Post
    The most effective tool against MBers was already ingame - crat AOE fear. I remember it was quite a pain to get my characters back together when they were feared out of visibility range.

Fear was nerfed too hard, it just needed few tweaks - locks on target to prevent chain fears, random duration, no 100% immunities, cooldown on removers, no immunity and remover for same profession, working NR check.
    most MB teams have a keeper though.

But you're not wrong, that AoE fear was some pretty crazy stuff.

Some tuning would be in order... but generally, that nano did almost exactly what we need to disperse a box. Ideally, what you would want is a nano that had a reasonable AoE, with an effect that made all players in by it in that area to run in different directions directly outward.

hell, what would also work is a "grenade" with a knockback/stun effect. In fact, I reckon this should have been built in ages ago, but whatever... Notum grenade should have a 15m AoE knockback effect, a 3s stun while in transit, and a 10s (-5000 RS) cripple on stun termination.

Put a reasonable lockout on that, and you'd be sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    hell, what would also work is a "grenade" with a knockback/stun effect. In fact, I reckon this should have been built in ages ago, but whatever...
    This is one reason I've wanted Kicker of Kell, but I still don't have it
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Awikun's idea is simply a more complex approach to equally efficient solution: simply ban competitive pvp MB in ToS and done. This has nothing to do with difficulty of coding, report function has been in the game for longer than some players have seen the sun, as well as means of verification of such reports. Because we don't see such a solution, we can only determine that it is not desired by the owner. Unfortunately we also don't see the outcome they would expect: armadas of clan MBs happily fighting omni MBs. What we do see is.. well, pretty much nothing. I just hope that letting the content erode at such pace looks nice in the excel tables.
    Last edited by Qiquan; May 17th, 2016 at 13:48:59. Reason: sp
    Testicol.
    QIQUAN 220/30/70 DPS MA SUGUTOHTER 220/30/65 PVM DOC
    HAVOCK 220/30/70 TNK ENF ETC
    ASJAPULK 220/30/70 PVP CRT RED TIGERS. ORG

Kicker of Kell....Kicker of Kell...Kicker of Kell... *chants into a trance*

That would be fun and a resonable solution.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Kicker of Kell....Kicker of Kell...Kicker of Kell... *chants into a trance*

That would be fun and a resonable solution.
    It isn't a perfect solution as-is, though.

It would need to have similar kick effects as the Cybernetic Demon thing in PoH that forces your toon to continue movement after being kicked, or do a black-screen blind in addition to the snare. That could screw some multiboxers that use /follow, but the ones that use "follow" hax probably still won't be affected too badly.

However, if the kick radius is big enough, it could be useful by simply breaking up the cluster of toons. If you were to stop toons following, they're split up which is obviously bad. If they try to run back to the leader, they obviously aren't casting nanos or shooting, while pointing out who the leader is if it wasn't already obvious, which is worse.

Meh, I probably won't get it in any form anyway
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast