Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Idea to weaken Multiboxes in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Its just a bad idea.
    Here is a GOOD IDEA HOW TO KILL MULTIBOXING:
    (I am not a programmer so I am not sure if its easy to implement but here I present the general idea)
    1. majority of MB usually runs multiple AO clients on the same computer (if he has several computers then my solution would not work)
    2. Make separate AO clients comunicate with each other and if any character is inside pvp zone (low gas or battle station) then any other character trying to zone to the same area should result in closing this client and logging off such character.

That would solve the problem of MB! and what is more important it would not hurt casual players from loging their buff toon or bank toons and transfering items or buffing other characters.
    its possible. css uses something similar to block view of dead players from the same ip. shouldnt be that different.

wtf xootch!

Don't you have anything more inflammatory to say?

Welcome back!

nevermind was a bad idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    #BAN_SOJU

Since i saw one Type of Mob in Halloween Dungeon force me into fighting him instead of the healing Mob i orignally targeted.......

Bump , the Idea cant be that bad and Awikuns Idea unfrotunatly is not used by Funcom for whatever Reason ...
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Its just a bad idea.
    Here is a GOOD IDEA HOW TO KILL MULTIBOXING:
    (I am not a programmer so I am not sure if its easy to implement but here I present the general idea)
    1. majority of MB usually runs multiple AO clients on the same computer (if he has several computers then my solution would not work)
    2. Make separate AO clients comunicate with each other and if any character is inside pvp zone (low gas or battle station) then any other character trying to zone to the same area should result in closing this client and logging off such character.

That would solve the problem of MB! and what is more important it would not hurt casual players from loging their buff toon or bank toons and transfering items or buffing other characters.
    As a programmer I can tell you that wouldn't be "easy" to do. But as a player who has done lowbie pvp for years, I can tell you that it's not uncommon to zone another character to the same zone to rebuff lowbie twinks just outside of site gas in longer wars. It's also not uncommon to bring a 2nd character to trade something (like a disabler, ammo, etc) to your twink that you forgot to bring with you. Your idea would break that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    However, knowing how well game engines have been exploited in the past, as well as how many people multi-box in separate VMs or machines, I think this would need to be tracked by multi-casting on all active networks the machine is on rather than between game instances on the same CPU. Even then, a good exploiter will be able to block both the client-to-client API calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    if they did that they'd lose too much money and the servers would shut down. last time they fixed and exploit everyone was using we got visible opponent NCU windows....
    @Doctorhyde the client-to-client call would be just another function call, much like the one that checked whether nanos in the NCU were hostile or not, could be overwritten in the same way.

Idea to weaken MBs. If You use /follow. Your attacking is blokked after stopped following. Maybe 5-10 sec.
    -Joni K
    Everqu - MP - 220/30/80
    Def - Equip
    Crit - Equip

Wasaaa - ENF - 220/30/80
    Laxe - NT - 220/30/80
    wizkep - Keep - 220/80/30

WASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Since 2005

Please leave follow (and assist) alone already. No need to f up the game any more than it already is with attacking the side effects rather than the actual cause.

Changing how follow or assist works does absolutely nothing for MB'ers but the rest of us will suffer a lot (again).

Rather than trying to fight MB's directly (and screw over the rest of us in the process), try making suggestions to fix low population. That's what causes multiboxing in the first place.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123