Thread: Is there a quick way from the Shadowlands to Rubi-Ka?

Is there a quick way from the Shadowlands to Rubi-Ka?

I haven't played since 2004 or 2005, just re-activated my account. Is there a quick way to get from the Shadowlands to RK and vice versa?
    Cunobolen, level 208 Soldier
    Conaught, level 151 Fixer

use the brown beacon.

If you can't find it... you can purchase one for 10 vet points from the VETERAN shop in the tower shop (South OA, or Rome red I think; I don't know if borealis's tower shop has a veteran vendor in it).

Fastest way without bothering about beacons is to use the Thrak garden (Or Clam eqiv), then just jump off the edge after zoning to Frontier and it will port you to Jobe, from there it's a small rin thru to RubiKa.
    Thrak key takes 5 or so minutes, so it's pretty easy.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Find a friendly level 220 fixer and get them to cast Energize Rubika Tunnel on you near the stone of transit and you can enter the fixer grid from any garden
    Tron04 220/30/60 Fixer
    Yrion 150/20/15 Crat
    Jasper2002 220/23/60 Nanomage Fixer
    Heelzjoo Baby Doc - still growing

if you are 201+ and have the +10 ring: center of the Xan hub has got a portal to Pande Caina.
    And you can just jump of the edges of shadowland to land on rubika (depending of where you jump off you land in different playfields). This was more useful when there were outdoor org cities with whompas to civilization though (if you can't grid yourself from remote places).

But if you got 20 vetpoints get the two recall beacons - for me they were the best QoL improvement brought to AO.
    (And yes Borealis Tower shop has got a veteran booth).

Just recently there was a new recall beacon introduced buyable with the new ICC commendation which recall you to ICC - don't know if it works from SL since i only bought it on froob chars yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kemi View Post
    /snip

Just recently there was a new recall beacon introduced buyable with the new ICC commendation which recall you to ICC - don't know if it works from SL since i only bought it on froob chars yet.
    Yes, the ICC Beacon works just like the others & can be used from everywhere that i've tried so far.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

ICC beacon-- As a Neut it takes me to the Antiques Bar in Bor the 2x I've used it. Once nice thing is it doesn't lock out/cool down the other beacons. I question its supposed "30 minute" cool down. I used it and checked the time about 1 minute after use and it said 24 min left.

That's not the ICC arbiter beacon you buy with ICC points but the broken agency beacon - which is a random reward from the arbiters Freelancer mission.
    You can buy the non-broken version with funcom points (or vet points, probably both since 18.8). Probably best for omnis since their agency is in a pf without grid & whompas.

The ICC-beacon looks like the robot head 7-90 from Lexx if anyone remember that show http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...ndifferent.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    ICC beacon-- As a Neut it takes me to the Antiques Bar in Bor the 2x I've used it. Once nice thing is it doesn't lock out/cool down the other beacons. I question its supposed "30 minute" cool down. I used it and checked the time about 1 minute after use and it said 24 min left.

All beacons are affected by -skillmodifier
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Lockout timer on the new Beacon is 10mins

Lockout on any of the beacons; Rubi-Ka, Shadowlands where you need the key to go to a garden and ICC, are at 10 minutes.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.