Thread: GA vs Tier armor

GA vs Tier armor

So, I have a little fixer who is 126 and can get in and out of her GA IV really easily. I have run a bunch of solo missions with her and I am starting to get hit by baddies more. (I had an extended absence btw) I went through her bank and she does have all her Tier 1 pieces. Can I start farming Tier 2? Or should I wait a few levels on that. I can put on her Tier 1 at level 130 self buffed and who knows how old these implants are (they are all symbiants and dont have levels listed) ... decisions decisions...

... also on an unrelated note... Is there any precedence for a guild with all inactive members being reclaimed by an active member that used to be in it? I *really* want my old guild tag back but the whole guild is AWOL. I tried opening a ticket but they never responded It might be a lost cause.

Thanks in advance
    Ausiel - Smurf since 2004
    ** Noob since forever **

tier armor? what year is it? throw that junk in social if you wanna look oldschool, otherwise forget it even exists.

Cool! What should I hunt down to wear instead?
    ** Noob since forever **

keep using your GA 4 for now and flesh out your utilities/huds and possibly upgrade your weap?

level 126 should most definitely be using a SMG (syndicate messenger gun). and at 126 you can use a def/offensive alien augmentation hud in hud 1/2, then for hud three you've got a choice of using a scope or a research attunement device. The purple research attunement device is a solid choice at 150 (level 2), but at 126 you are probably better off using a small crit scope.

I think there is a new item dropping in the reck that offers 5 crit at only -100 ranged init drawback, which most definitely suits a SMG toting fixer. with a damage boost you should have no problem taking a hit or two more. Also, if you feel like you're taking more hits, just review your other implant slots:

QL 200 AAD in left arm
    QL 200 AAD/evades/dodge
    highest right arm artillery you can get, or just do QL 200 SMG/AAD/%WR range imp
    highest right wrist artillery you can get for right wrist (or 200 implant)
    right hand artillery or 200 imp
    chest usually artillery symb
    waist probably artillery symb
    leg probably implant is good (HP/dodge/evade)
    brain - artillery symb
    eye - lower level exterminator ocular implant (+2 crit/SMG/burst)

mainly, you're looking to max defence in all AAD slots you can get, and all evades/dodge slots you can get, then focus on AR next and nanoskills in brain. it's all straight forward, but I just think if you're taking a lot of hits, you might have missed something in your setup.

Also note that you want to have MAXED evasion skills in conjunction with your high AAD rating for best results. Furthermore, note that the req's on GA armor's changed in a patch recently so you don't need MM I think it is... instead, you need B+E which may have been IP'd regardless.

Thank you I will take a look tomorrow!
    ** Noob since forever **

i would personally not use an eoe for levelling until tl6+. nanoskills are dark blue and we hurt the most for ip at tl4. a support eye will save you a lot of headache in return for a slightly lower ar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesummers View Post
    ... also on an unrelated note... Is there any precedence for a guild with all inactive members being reclaimed by an active member that used to be in it? I *really* want my old guild tag back but the whole guild is AWOL. I tried opening a ticket but they never responded It might be a lost cause.

Thanks in advance
    Yes, a precedent it is ...

GA + Ljotur is no longer an exploit - go for it
    GA IV is a gem, wear it with pride !

P.S. off-topic : you should consider using Shadowweb Spinner back + tier 1(2) also. And go for Syndicate brain on the fixer - for sure you'll find it useful at some point (I have it on on one of the fixers even at 220 for caping FA)
    Last edited by PigBrother; May 19th, 2016 at 13:55:37.
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    i would personally not use an eoe for levelling until tl6+. nanoskills are dark blue and we hurt the most for ip at tl4. a support eye will save you a lot of headache in return for a slightly lower ar.
    Oh, Pardon me. I didn't think she was levelling. In the case that you're not levelling, EOE is a good option, but if you are levelling.. then ya, take this advice.

For levelling fixer - nanoskills IPs aren't that critical because HoTs have pretty small difference in healing rate compared to dpm received from mobs at lvl100-160, as far as NCU buff isn't extremely important due to lack of very important buffs at low levels that can really affect the process as a whole and most can stick NCUs high ql enough to fit everything that is needed.
    I'd say that the most important thing while levelling fixer - is evades/runspeed/crit, as far as +xp modifier.
    GA4 is pretty decent option at 126 PvM wise, keep it and just make sure you're full def with maxed evades.
    hud/util items should be mostly hp/crit based, so try different options in there to increase survivability/damage to fit specific team maximally well.
    Weapon - definitely SMG.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.