Thread: 200 Doctor Weapons

200 Doctor Weapons

I've been working on a 200 Doctor and I'm curious on what weapons you all would recommend for PvP. I've played a PvP Doctor at 150 and a PvM Doctor at 220, so I'm very familiar with their pros/cons.

I really don't think a PvP Doctor would have enough damage/perks to effectively take someone down in a decent amount of time at level 200. I'd expect the fights to be much more drawn out, assuming I can live against my opponent's alpha. With that in mind, I'd think it better to make a full PvP Support Doctor and focus on the ability to survive so I can heal longer. This almost begs for an HP or an Evade setup.

Are 200 Evade setup Doctors even viable at 200? Personally, I don't think they are. I fear that trying for an evade setup would cause me to gimp myself in other needed areas.

My current thoughts are:

Ithaca
    Premium Bio-Energy Shield x2
    Doctor's R-Hand of Hope + Craphander + Scope
    Doctor's R-Hand of Hope + Spec. Ed. Kyr'Ozch Pistol
    Doctor's R-Hand of Hope + Doctor's L-Hand of Grace (Can't recall if 1500 MR is possible)
    SoW + Gelid Blade of Inobak
    MA Doc? (Never tried a MA setup - Might be fun)
    Last edited by Bluecheeze2; May 19th, 2016 at 20:33:49.

no arbalest love?EDIT: why play a doctor when you can play an agent tho

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    no arbalest love?EDIT: why play a doctor when you can play an agent tho
    Ah, I hadn't considered an Arbalest. I believe that is what Callmebetty ran around with if I'm not mistaken.

I have just never enjoyed Agents and, secretly, I'm hoping they get a huge nerf soon. Agent and Enf are just ridiculous at 200. Plus, the doctor is already 200 and almost done with research. I don't get a lot of time to play anymore, so I'm just going to continue with it.

my 150 pvp doc is made for endurance healing with 2sec hd and lots of hp. cant kill **** but on the other hand not much can kill it either.
    im wearing grail + spiri phulak for nano skills. might be viable at 200 too, if you want to land nanos better.

dread pistols dual is possible, but the doc who did it was whining on the forum somewhere how he misses all the time.. guess its better for pvm

craphander + pistol wont make you happy.

thought about alien shovel (bow)? gonna be a slow as recharge but they should come more reliablly.

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    my 150 pvp doc is made for endurance healing with 2sec hd and lots of hp. cant kill **** but on the other hand not much can kill it either.
    im wearing grail + spiri phulak for nano skills. might be viable at 200 too, if you want to land nanos better.

dread pistols dual is possible, but the doc who did it was whining on the forum somewhere how he misses all the time.. guess its better for pvm

craphander + pistol wont make you happy.

thought about alien shovel (bow)? gonna be a slow as recharge but they should come more reliablly.
    That's a neat setup My 150 PvP Doc was one of the first to try SoC + Gelid Blade and it does very well in both PvM and PvP. It was first using MBC as its main intention was to be an S10 toon, but they nerfed S10 bounties nearly right after it was done.

I should be able to maintain 812 Stamina for 2s HD on the 200 Doc w/o needing to use Grail, so I'll stick with a weapon for now.

A reliable, strong AS with fast recharge could be all I need to really make a difference and might even make it worthwhile to duel on the character. In that regard, an AS Bow or the Arbalest might be options. Thank you for the suggestion.

Combine them and make a Bow Agent ./thread close

Anyways a defensive doc is close to useless besides in groups, you can get kills but super slowly and only if they bother to let you.
    You wont evade any perks from other 200s so its mostly to partially evade specials like burst and FA and maybe evade Fling/fast attack/brawls once in a while.
    #1 way to piss people off tho so there's that lol.

Dual Doc pistols are doable as Soli, Opifex and maybe Nanomage?, not a bad setup if you go for it but you are still spamming DoTs regardless as Doc AR is not that great for relying on specials and reg hits.
    A lot of work tho to put both on.

Your best bet for 200 pvp is Right hand + Craphander with a bit of HP investment mixed with CSS to live alphas(besides a Agents ofc), it's the only setup I've really had trouble with on my Fixer as DoTs(A+C mainly) + AS hurt.
    Enough AR also that you will perk most profs besides evade profs with evade/AAD perks up, Fixers ever and Agent with Escape nano up if they focused on def more.

Silverback(more AR support and fling) or Arbalest(faster ASs) should work tho I've honestly never seen any past 158 so I cant really say but I assume its not as good otherwise Id see more 200 Docs around heh.
    Last edited by Rockdizzle; May 19th, 2016 at 22:35:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdizzle View Post

Your best bet for 200 pvp is Right hand + Craphander with a bit of HP investment mixed with CSS to live alphas(besides a Agents ofc), it's the only setup I've really had trouble with on my Fixer as DoTs(A+C mainly) + AS hurt.

Silverback(more AR support and fling) or Arbalest(faster ASs) should work tho I've honestly never seen any past 158 so I cant really say but I assume its not as good otherwise Id see more 200 Docs around heh.
    You should use Wake-Up Call to remove 'A' Line DoT -
    https://aoitems.com/item/279374/wake-up-call/

Silverback is also a thought, though the fling is nearly negligible due to the high recharge (1700 Skill for 7s). I think a Silverback will be good as it checks Duck-Exp and the occasion AS should come in handy. It also prevents me from needing to IP Multi-Ranged and Burst. Lastly, there is Shotgun support in a Doctor's research. Thank you for your response

I know of Wake up Call as I always use it when fighting docs, sadly does nothing about C dot but I mentioned A dot also for Wrack and Ruin which if removed just needs to be recasted(I'm usually trying to land evade debuff before alphaing heh).

I guess try it out and tell us how it works out, I would personally try Arbalest first with scope+def armor but might as well see what silverback can do.

Trollbait / Bootlip was the best doc in the world and if he was 200 u would know exactly what setup to use cause hed be using it how mad are u atm?

Awidoc is a soli 200doc with r hand / L hand on ,it's a nice setup but nit sure if its more viable for pvp than weapon with as.

Notevenmad: If you're talking about the last sentence in my previous post than it didn't mean all, most or the best would go for it just that you'd see "some" more Docs around as they are those who like to play strong but simple/easy to use setups.

All I know about Trollbait is he was a 150 1HE doc. Would he of stayed 1HE? I don't know him personally so I won't say.
    Would 1HE work well enough at 200 to be worth staying 1HE? no idea as I've seen more MA docs between 162-200 than 1HE Docs and it was only like 1-2 of them.
    Only personal pvp Doc knowledge I have is my 150 pistol doc twink, 150 1HE Docs that I've dueled + inspected and 200 pistol Docs (I've seen a 200 Bio-energy shield Doc in vogue or DI I think but never fought it myself)

I'm being honest when I say that don't quite know why there is/was so few pure 200 AS Docs(shotty/Arb/Tiger etc) compared to 150(before the whole 1HE craze happened ofc) as a 200 Doc has more AS skill but maybe someone whose tried it and see this thread can tell us how effective it is vs other 200 profs.

It's been a while since I used my 200 doc in PvP. I went with beast sword, and PE. The range of melee was a problem, but when you did get close big hits from sword (duck def) made up for that.
    But honestly, the most damage came from the dot, it's name escapes me but it does 750 damage/tick for 1750ish BM.

I skimped on hp in order to push self buffed 2sec hp and nano delta, an nano skills, which doesn't help with surviving alphas.
    Generally long fights as a dr, and saving root grafts for when you do get the upper hand and your opponent tries to leg it.

Var
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Left + Right hands works too I still need DoTs to kill any decent twink but for 200 Doc any DD counts.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Hey everyone,
    Im looking to redo my 200 doc soon, was thinking of Ithaca for a cheap pvp twink (also got r.l hand doc pistol but might be a real trouble to get the 1500MR for me i think), so my question is :
    Are all %crit dmg items still viable to land decent AS like before or i will just hit for min most of the time?
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

nvm, Im offline now
    Last edited by Variable; Jul 10th, 2016 at 01:15:51.
    Varsbot
    Variable004