Thread: Sloth of the Xan

Sloth of the Xan

Can engineers finally stop having to be pistol all the wayyyyyyyyy upppp! I like the grenade idea, i like the perks, The grenade weps are what is needed. If Sloth of the xan had burst. or maybe even an AIMEDSHOT(God forbid) Like silverback, grenade would come back to life for engi. its a dead perk line that no one uses cuz the weps just arnt up to par. Im all for different setups. tired of the same thing. AI 3 perkd for life just for this reason.

All it needs is capped burst and way more amazing crits. Kind of like perfected KP
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Sloth of the Xan Burst or AIMEDSHOT, Whats the problem making a proper Grenade weapon? Most every other weapon Has more than 1 Special, Even the silverback has AIMEDSHOT??? How you aimedshot with a shotgun? please explain. So give Sloth or grenade weapons in general Burst or aimedshot so not every person has the same weapon setup?

Traders used to only have fling on their shotgun weapons (well except for a few AS weapons as well) so adding burst to a grenade weapon (together with fling) sounds fine.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

AS i dont think is a particular good idea. But Burst sounds completely fair, and would make grenade up to snuff, adding some more diversity, is always great.
    First NT to proper pocket Ely hecks - Raesun

Quote Originally Posted by Raelil View Post
    AS i dont think is a particular good idea. But Burst sounds completely fair, and would make grenade up to snuff, adding some more diversity, is always great.
    in pvm burst would make a difference, but not so much in pvp. aimed shot is needed in pvp and already used via silverback, troaler and craphander.
    i dont see why aimed shot shouldnt be added to sloth. silverback engis run around with an ar of 2.5k MAX.

Burst and fling are somewhat legit on a nade, though burst cycle shall not be too fast. But, since Sloth is a basic pvm (read TS) weapon, it shall get the same ME AR bonus as engi/DB pistols too.
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

I think the Sloth should stay pvm as its meant to, and as i mentioned before, burst would do wonders for it imho.

The silverback is mainly a pvp weapon, like most ofab are. And i think it should stay like that with AS.
    First NT to proper pocket Ely hecks - Raesun

or add aimed shot to the old bacam-xum. this would make my day.

Bacam is by far the sexiest weapon in AO =) Ttl req is so dumb.
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

a grenade weapon with fling + burst that's interchangeable with a screwdriver to fling + as would be *very* cool ip wise, so i doubt that it will happen for that reason alone
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Sloth of the xan should be upgrade-able the same way that Lust of the Xan is upgraded into Peh and than troa, Alot more Xan weapons need or should have this option.

One thing I dislike is cookie cutter builds. Right now im probably the only engineer in the game that has a decent martial artist engi. I have used pistol the majority of the game, switched to grenade, switched back to pistol, and then switched to MA and I am still figuring out what I want to go with. Since the original post is about the sloth I will give my weigh in on that.

The sloth itself is usable even being handicapped with only 1 special. Burst would be nice and AS would be awesome. my suggestion for the actual sloth would be to give the sloth of the xan FS and burst and then have an upgraded version with fling and AS or even just AS that would allow use in pvm and pvp. also since you could have both, give them a higher equip time like 5-10 seconds so you cant hot swap.

For grenade perks I think they are all worthless. You basically get 1 timed dps perk that's decently large and that drastically lowers the usage of the weapon. There has never been a point to nano drain a mob so that would only be good in pvp but as you know grenade blows in pvp because the perks will never land. And the other 2 which are primers to make the dmg perk and drain perk better have no use....so out of the 4 perks only 1 is worth something.

an engineer that is not pistol already has virtually no damage perks at all so changing the grenade perks to do damage would be nice. I mean a troa/pdkp gets 6 perks off of 2 lines but grenade gets 1 off its perk line.

The crit bonus and damage I think are very nice it has the second highest crit bonus in the game only being beat out by the xan shotgun

I can really only speak for engineers as that is really the only toon I play but a buff in the grenade area would be awesome. pistol still dominates the game itself because of AS so a bumb in grenade damage to equal out the playingfield with pistol would be good I think.

why not give engis a 9999 dmg proc aswell while were at it.
    what is this? you have many viable setups already and you run as top dmg dealers more or less already, and for pvp you dominate with adv/agents.
    i be the mean guy and tell you to take a chill pill.
    ma/pistol/grenade/shotgun, you have plenty setups compared to others, jesus.

pistols......your speaking only for pistols.... grenade and MA get nothing for support aside from basic attacks. I run a MA engi and I get 1 dmg perk from the global perks, the only reason I can make it work is because I have billions worth of gear and my engi is 100% full end game if it were not MA would be worthless. as I said I only speak for engis our pets are nice but pistols compared to MA or grenade dosnt even come close. the OP simply wanted a bit more grenade support and I agree.
    Last edited by Masterengi; Aug 8th, 2016 at 18:32:34.

Le-Quack is a known troll professional, look at the name, dont take anything he says seriously.

id rather see more proc weapons that work like shade init debuffs 100% land. dreadloch obliterator 10% chance for -250 init debuffs. bump this weapon up to 100% and add more weapons with more variety of procs would be a good step away from just relying on specials for builds. This is better for diversity i think. plus im tired of limited to the same specials fling,burst,fa and only being able to build upon those.