Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Single-player AO

Lightbulb Single-player AO

Hey,

Do you guys think AO will ever be single-player?

I would literally pay 2000$ for a single-player version of AO. ( i'd give even more if i could afford it, lol ).

Maybe ask Funcom to do it?

Just asking, so please don't hate, i actually love this game and I'm very afraid of what will happen after the servers shut down.

The servers wont shut down. AO is making monies.
    Keep paying and playing this great game
    First NT to proper pocket Ely hecks - Raesun

Well, i wasn't talking about "now"... but in 2-3 years perhaps...

Based on the sources used to make the game, I think it would be complicated for Funcom to ever license it out to private parties for hosting.

Whether that's completely true or not, I'm still pretty confident I have the resources to host it, and if not, I'd make it happen if given the opportunity.

This game is a legend, and letting it die would be a crime against gaming history.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Yeah, well... i once had a sandbox version of World of Warcraft in which i had more fun than actually playing the game.

A similar version of AO in which you have both the server and the client would be awesome. Practically being able to dual log or triple log or whatever and be your own GM, i'd really pay good money for that.

Personally, i could easily play AO as a single-player game, and the thought of AO actually dying ( which could happen at any time given the situation it is in, regardless of the efforts of keeping it alive ), is more terrifying than The Conjuring 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxxxx View Post
    Well, i wasn't talking about "now"... but in 2-3 years perhaps...
    People said that 2-3 years ago.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Heh, nothing lives forever. I seriously doubt that AO will live another 3 years.

a single story pc/console version would be nice. A clueless gamer won't travel far/quest for hidden landscapes of epic proportions. Lego of my AO-go pc/console dreams I will not ^_^.

consolized this game or atleast PC-ize it ^_= for offline solo!
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Well, it seems the AO emulator isn't being developed anymore, but I guess that would be the closest thing. As a far as I know, it's terribly buggy at best, but I've never tried it myself.

There's also questionable legality with it, so I'd say just enjoy the game as Funcom intended for now, and hope for options like this in the future. ;P
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

I still pray for some AO lover to win the jackpot in the lottery, and buy the license from FC. And actually make something even greater out of this game.

Atleast i would. If i played the lottery and won
    First NT to proper pocket Ely hecks - Raesun

Quote Originally Posted by Raelil View Post
    I still pray for some AO lover to win the jackpot in the lottery, and buy the license from FC. And actually make something even greater out of this game.

Atleast i would. If i played the lottery and won
    I would, too. No question.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Hey,

Do you guys think AO will ever be single-player?
    I thought it already was

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I thought it already was
    AO is a expensive chat client :S
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

just thought i'll bump this, while grabbing a few discount games on "steam" summer sale..that's my promo advertisement for them ^_=

this got me to thinking as I played the few recent games I just got. Salt and Sanctuary , The Darkest Dungeon.

Hey what if someone made an Anarchy "Offline" game like this. Same paper drawn type 2 -D graphic. "Heck"lor , people love posting and playing with the "paper doll" post of there set-up. so someone create this and call it "Anarchy Offline" or "Eh-Oh" ^_=. whatever you call it, just give me a free copy of the game once it's finished!
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Heh, nothing lives forever. I seriously doubt that AO will live another 3 years.
    I encountered this same attitude over the course of like 5 years with people talking about how the engine would never be released. Here it is tho ;p If you thinking about the bigger picture, 2-3 years isn't that much time, and I don't think a 16 year old MMO with a continuing playerbase is just going to vanish right off the map
    AO - JukeJoint "Nuhmudiira" Jezebel - 208/18 Trader - Omni

If you care about ao, you should learn to code. We dont know the future of this game, so I suggest we get as many people trained up as devs as we can to prepare. I started a year ago. you should start here. https://www.edx.org/course/introduct...harvardx-cs50x

if you get stuck find me. ill help u or direct u to the right place. https://www.facebook.com/KRAZYKOREANFRANK

AO devs should allow us to create custom in game content (Raid, Quests, Prof Specific Quests, etc). It would definitely boost social moral within the game.
    Currently taking a break....

Proud Member of Core.

220/30/70 Shade - Rastasshadow
    220/28/70 Crat - Rastacraty
    218/25/70 Doc. - Rastadoccy
    217/27/70 Fixer. - Lorddeath

How about this. Funcom could do a kickstarter thingie for a single player AO. And also for a different server with no MB.

I'd sign up for the no MB server for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    How about this. Funcom could do a kickstarter thingie for a single player AO. And also for a different server with no MB.

I'd sign up for the no MB server for sure.
    I am pretty far ahead on doing just this. I have included basically all things from Ao that is valueded, items, perks, NCU concept(thought it's called differenlty to prevent copyright issue, nano programs (they are called Nuron Programs). It will be on kickstarter when prealpha is ready. It will be a a online singleplayer game.

Perks can be changed when ever you want without any cost. And professions are based on talent end weapon wielding. + i have more droids, pets and hovercrafts. project is about 30% finished.

If Anarchy Online ever gets shutdown, i actually have something very similar in hand. Thought armature are pretty simple in AO so there are many improvements on equipment mechanics, rendering and engine things. There are still things i am trying to figure out that works pretty fishy in AO. Any one remember the fall damage ? :P The physic engine in AO is pretty old..
    Last edited by ByLogic; Aug 27th, 2016 at 19:05:36.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast