Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Single-player AO

Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    You mean this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ay-of-cyclones
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

No that is not the same project, that is our 2 year old project that did not get enough founding with older engine. Tough the storyline is somewhat the same, that is the only thing similar.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Aug 29th, 2016 at 10:55:47.

Heres another short vid. I hope some type of similarity are in-place.

https://youtu.be/sQzcDb92Q3U

Currently taking a break....

Proud Member of Core.

220/30/70 Shade - Rastasshadow
    220/28/70 Crat - Rastacraty
    218/25/70 Doc. - Rastadoccy
    217/27/70 Fixer. - Lorddeath

I believe that video doesn't work.

Considering that it was just removed this past 10 minutes make me think that something is not right with this project of yours.

That video showed exactly the same character you was using and that vid was 2 years old. I can still see the video link in YouTube but now it doesn't exist . I would personally like to see an ftp or even a repo of this as this looks EXACTLY the same game as the one that Alternity posted earlier.

Proud Member of Core.

Its outdated(3 years old) and not relative to this project., no not same character, not same project. But i see what your trying to do, good luck with that..

? What exactly am I trying to do... I clicked your YouTube link and it gave me that other video in the recommended underneath. Not trying to flame or anything at all. I hope you do succeed with it... However, it just seems rather strange that for a kickstarter game. There is no website or anything which should explain the synopsis of the game at least. Any developer out there knows that they have to plan plan and plan some more before they can even come up with a concept.. You just released a video saying it was a beta of a single player clone of AO (obviously not exactly those words. But that was the message. ).

Like I said. Not trying to be a d*** about it. Was just looking for some clarification. I hope you do finish this. Good luck to you. I was just confused as to why you went this way to advertise this. (I'm not complaining, Videos are good). But I personally like to read up on these sort of projects.

Proud Member of Core.

Its not very strange at all, that 3 years old project (not relative to any of this) where discontinue, so every links and websites relative to it was removed. Do you know how long it takes to structure a game? Trust me, there has been plans..work.. new engine. structure and structure.. I hope i clarified that?. It wasn't a advertising, just in the relevance to this topic and just showing that i am infact working on some very similar game to AO..nothing more. We are not even close to go public with any on this yet,. and this videos will prob be removed soon.. It was just for peek.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Aug 29th, 2016 at 17:46:23.

Surprisingly I do understand how long it takes to structure a game. Here is my own idea that I written a while back. So I understand all to well how long and hard it takes to structure...

https://s17.postimg.org/679l6v99n/WP..._52_36_Pro.jpg

https://s17.postimg.org/4gqk5drqj/WP..._53_04_Pro.jpg

Edit: Click these links for better quality..

https://postimg.org/image/5diqvhc63/

https://postimg.org/image/64bh19ejf/
    Last edited by rosers; Aug 29th, 2016 at 18:05:23.

Proud Member of Core.

Right.. Out of curiosity, what game are this sketches for? I totally agree with you that planning is important. I've usually done this in spreadsheets and in Concept Draw. Most of the work now is just to fill inn the objects, assets and environments + lots of programming and shader improvements. The foundation is pretty much done.

Did you know that none of the skills in AO er physics based? This where the things i discovert in my own projects 3 years ago, solution have been look at from many different angel before concluded.

Like in AO when you shoot, its just a partical not a bullets or physics. And melee is ani/time sync.. (or object is to far away fun time/distance checks.).
    Last edited by ByLogic; Aug 29th, 2016 at 18:19:06.

May be a bit hard to see so ill type it here..

Basic idea: A MMORPG that's a cross hybrid between Anarchy Online and Final Fantasy. Open world(s) that are completely explorable with ability to do anything.*

This is my own idea / design. It has no name yet.

The idea for the skills was to have a system similar to the Sphere Grid in Final Fantasy X where you make your way around the skill tree. However it also incorporates a skill system like AO. Is a bit confusing..

Example: A Ranger skill tree can choose which way he wants to go with his skills. However. If he activates a "Strength" Node. He can further upgrade that node X times whilst also continue to move around the tree. A ranger will have class bonuses like for example: If ranger activates a Agility Node. He would get the base points of that skill but also a class upgrade to that skill..

AgilityNode (Adds 4 to your agility)(if ranger. Gains extra +2 to agility so he gains +6 instead) obviously different classes get different bonuses. But each.class can use and activate the same nodes as each other.

Proud Member of Core.

That sounds interesting . Mmorpg, that's pretty big nut to crack, time wise and founding wise (you can see what happen to our old mmorpg project + our team was getting outburned) . But its good to know that more ideas for Sci-fi games are out there. There are just to few of them. SWOT was really disappointing and not even close to the concept for AO. other sci-fi games have just ended up being first person shooters.(even blizzard goes this route) This just shows how unique Ao is..
    Last edited by ByLogic; Aug 29th, 2016 at 18:51:42.

Yep. Only difference I plan to do with it is not make it a b2w. Maybe will have in game purchases that are buyable with premium currency that you can buy for real $$ or you can put the effort in and farm the premium currency. (Like with AO and Grace kinda). I have played hundreds of games over the years and about 95% of them are b2w. I want to give players the chance to earn premium currency by putting a bit of time and effort into farming it. I believe in doing this, it gives the rich and poor alike the opportunity to at least keep up with each other.

Proud Member of Core.

Microtransaction is the thing man, i am planning this for this project to, thats why its online game. I have had success with this for mobile games.

Out of curiosity.. What mobile platform you release games for?

Proud Member of Core.

Android + Google Play

Bump!

My offer still stands.

As I'm reading through these forums everyday, I'm getting more certain that AO will be dead soon.

Let's all join forces and make a petition for a single-player version, time is running out, people.

It's been 10 days since my last post, and NOBODY posted anything around here, except for one guy who said on another post that "nobody watches these forums anymore".

And you're telling me AO ain't dying?... especially on Halloween, when it should be a significant increase in population.

Please people, let's unite and do something !

I made a petition, please sign it !

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/m...-anarchyonline

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast