Thread: Is there any chance at all weekly quest NPCs will get reliable spawn timers?

Is there any chance at all weekly quest NPCs will get reliable spawn timers?

This week it randomly spawned on Wednesday 4 days early, 2 weeks ago it spawned days late, and they despawn at random times each week. They also haven't even been spawning in the right order. There's multiple threads about the spawn timers and been patches since, but still nothing. Funcom doesn't have a single employee capable of answering forum concerns anymore or communicating at all on issues like this? I wonder when the last time any dev even posted a reply on the patch forums was...
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer
    PvP Vids: AOPunk on Youtube

He was popped on Tuesday iirc.
    I assumed it was FC's way of adding something extra for the returning players during the anniversary.

I would honestly prefer if the PvP one was available whenever he's up, along with a rotating DB/AI quest, due to the fact that only the PvP mission is available to all character ranges, whereas DB/AI are only for 201+.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

they spawn when their are supposed to and leave when they are supposed to, so said GM, so it must be true!
    Ciassene

Enjoy it while it lasts - Michi on holiday for rest of july so next spawn probably in august

this one caught me off guard, was on a alt that finished his Freelance, and looking towards the back where the droid floats, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, so ran back there, saw there really was a droid there, instantly /camp, to get freelance on my other alts

it really messed with my mind, because I was like . . damn did a whole week past and a few days that I totally forgotten about
    Xaatsha2 ++Current setup++ - The Main
    Xaatma2 - Formally know as 'The Main'
    Xaatphd2-Future Doc . Xaatkeep
    -Future Keeper . Xaatmur -Future MP

Quote Originally Posted by MrXaatXuun View Post
    this one caught me off guard, was on a alt that finished his Freelance, and looking towards the back where the droid floats, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, so ran back there, saw there really was a droid there, instantly /camp, to get freelance on my other alts

it really messed with my mind, because I was like . . damn did a whole week past and a few days that I totally forgotten about
    "These arent the droids you are looking for"

Just saying ofc
    First NT to proper pocket Ely hecks - Raesun

Howabout leaving the NPC's up permanently? That kinda makes sense to me, it could be just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xortdan View Post
    Howabout leaving the NPC's up permanently? That kinda makes sense to me, it could be just me though.
    I can only speculate that they decided against this in the interest of pushing players to do certain content at the same time. It would, indeed, be nice, but if they leave the NPC up at all times to grab whatever mission you please, you'd have some trying to do BattleStation, others trying to do City/Ship/APF, and others trying to do DB. It sounds nice in theory, but with the limited numbers, more missions would lead to increased dissemination amongst active players.

Regarding the original post, I, too, would appreciate consistency.

A happy medium may be to fix the timers first so that the NPC's spawn/despawn at the appropriate times and then look to remove the off-weeks entirely so that there is always 1 mission per week and content being run.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze2 View Post
    A happy medium may be to fix the timers first so that the NPC's spawn/despawn at the appropriate times and then look to remove the off-weeks entirely so that there is always 1 mission per week and content being run.
    This would be nice, but no they milk subscriptions instead by forcing the players to wait, it's a business
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Nope - not a single chance - close thread please
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze2 View Post
    I can only speculate that they decided against this in the interest of pushing players to do certain content at the same time.
    if that was their intentions or not, seems to work that way.

during the time the Drone is there, ToTW will be very busy, Groups running into groups, during the time no Drone . . crickets (note this is during the times I play, the least populated times)
    More BS's appearances, I actually have a chance to get 3 BS in a couple days, rather then taking the whole week just for 2, too bad I couldn't at least get half that many for the characters below 100
    Xaatsha2 ++Current setup++ - The Main
    Xaatma2 - Formally know as 'The Main'
    Xaatphd2-Future Doc . Xaatkeep
    -Future Keeper . Xaatmur -Future MP