Thread: Shotgun perkline for Doc ?

Shotgun perkline for Doc ?

Some of us have been asking for this for years, we get some research support, SB Trader lock was removed, we *might* even get some DKP on so... ? We could use some AR, dmg, and weapon versatilty, couldn't we ?
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

It would be nice if Doc damage was bumped up a bit from God awful to just really bad.

I wonder if anyone has tried PDKP on doc. I've been craving something new with my doc's setup. I think I'll look into this later.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Well, the goal is obviously not to change the prof as a whole - even though I'd love a "shadow priest" feeling, maybe to ease/****e things a little, and to give us a quick and easy way to go off of the Pistol route. Might not be PVP breaking either, even though docs could use some love there.

As for the PDKP, the fast specials obviously make it a support prof's dream, and it looks nice on trox docs, but 2250 Shotgun with no OSB and no perk support (except COLA)... Ouch. Never bothered to calc, but keeping it out of OE shall require real sacrifices, should you be able to get it on.

I know some Docs enjoy MA too, but I barely see any perkline option here.
    Last edited by appolonia; Jul 8th, 2016 at 21:41:03. Reason: typos

And tons of alts !

I've been thinking about this for some time and came looking here specifically to get in touch with doc professionals over the shotgun perk line (are our profs even active at the moment?).

Shotgun has always been a possibility for doctors and support is there in the research lines. I don't think it's asking for much to open up a perk line that's even available to engineers who have, traditionally, been less oriented towards shotgun than doctors (grenade/pistol mostly).
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Doc damage isn't awful at all. But I do agree to open some perk support. Remember doctor is a healing class.... No reason to have any type of great damage.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

No, the main goal would obviously be versatility / possibility to go out of pistol route in a "legitimate" way. With instant dots and pistols / perks, damage is nice atm, but shotty has always been a weapon of choice for docs, we even get a few points with research, so why not.

Once again, I don't care much about pvp now, so I didn't check if SB (edit : silverback) would be OP (even perkswise), but I seriously doubt. And It looks so cool anyway =) Especially on my Trox, whose pistols look like soap ones he's gonna crush asa he hits the trigger. And every other doc/engi/crat/adv looking the same... bleh.
    Last edited by appolonia; Jul 20th, 2016 at 23:11:41.

And tons of alts !

Quote Originally Posted by appolonia View Post
    Once again, I don't care much about pvp now, so I didn't check if SB (edit : silverback) would be OP (even perkswise), but I seriously doubt. And It looks so cool anyway =) Especially on my Trox, whose pistols look like soap ones he's gonna crush asa he hits the trigger. And every other doc/engi/crat/adv looking the same... bleh.
    Me and a handfull of other RK1 doctors put on Silverback the day before it became trader only. It was nice to have, but not something that gave a vast benefit. It was a viable weapon to use and it gave a unique feel because so few managed to get it on in time. After the trader only tag got removed a ql 300 Silverback is possible without the shotgun perk line, so nothing much would change but access to a little more AR and a couple of perks that we won't land in PvP anyway.

It might actually result in some semi-tough choices on perk distribution.

On a side note, I was told today that a Troa'ler combination outperforms Silverback for doctors in PvP, but I haven't confirmed it for myself yet.
    Last edited by Avari; Jul 21st, 2016 at 02:47:07.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Silverback on a doctor is the most exciting setup i've had on my characters - It is versatile and you can swap gear as much as possible. I can get roughly 13s AS recharge with no ai armor what so ever, and land around 28k self hp on nanomage. It rarely dies 1v1 but it was intended to survive long enough for 2-3 ppl in team to do their thing in bs or other pvp situation. However, it is so bad pvm damage - dmg dumper at start of 42, remind you, i'm multiboxing.. spamming perks and malp on chars resulted in 400k total... I veep for doc dmg. My engi's dd (which is max dodge setup) does retardedly more dmg than any of my chars.
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

Ah yes, depending on target, I can kill evaders in 4-5s. A & B Dot, perks and malp + as, but I don't duel so its a whole other story I can almost kill engis in duels though, so thats something.
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Hah kill evaders in 4-5s.... At max 30% with AS, plus 2 ticks of A and first tick of B + uh... what perks on evaders? Not to mention healing the incoming alpha. Are you a mongo raging pistol doc?

You dont cast A & B during an alpha and call it 5s done. alpha 5s
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

If you want your doc to do damage, build it for damage. It's already doable.

Unfortunately sticking to op, not with shotgun route

Doubt it will break game in any way, so why not?