Thread: New Bot: Openraid

Exclamation New Bot: Openraid

Openraid is intended as an all-faction available, publicly accessed w/ community driven banlist raiding channel bot.

Our intention is to provide the service that iRaid used to provide.

Details:
    -No point system, accountability is hard to justify and it's not fair to new players (Flatroll)
    -Raidleaders will be established as regular raiders, president/general/commanders of positively supporting organizations
    -Supplementary scripts are provided to allow for help with /tell, Dnet, and single-chat chat links.

Rules:
    Be respectful of each raid's ruling. If they say no selling, no greed over need, or even no rolling for alts, follow their rules.
    Disrespectful/trolling/exploiting players will be banned, multiple offenders from a similar org will trigger an orgban.
    The bot/channel will not be used for harassment, tower war spying, lootright selling, trading, or recruitment.

simply /tell openraid join

or use my simple pack of scripts to assist you with using Openraid to get players quickly into your team via a single-click channel join link and LFT join+banner tool to help you SEE the people joining your raid quicker.
    using the scripts, i've formed total PUG beast runs in under 5 minutes off neutnet+dnet. People click your link, and they're instantly in your raid channel talking to your raidgroup, with the added benefit of having the preset LFM message pasted to the window so you can pick it out of the sea of users.
    Link to scripts: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Uk&usp=sharing

ADMINS(Raidleaders): Papingo, Sensidadude, Ultrakeep, Dustchief
    MODS(Raidleaders): Cantouchthis, Backstabba/Rlymean, Perkable, Arphaxad

We are looking for reliable players on all factions who want to be raid leaders/mods on the bot.

Brought to you by the Slippery Pickles.

Quick examples on script use:

/nnraidlink "LFM for Beast raid"
    [Neutnet][PvM]: "LFM for Beast raid" >Click Here to Join OpenRaid< [Papingo]

/dnetraidlink "LFM for Beast raid"
    [Dnet][PvM]: "LFM for Beast raid" >Click Here to Join OpenRaid< [Papingo]

/raidlink
    [Slippery Pickles] Papingo: >Click Here to Join OpenRaid<

/tellraidlink username
    [to username]:>Click Here to Join OpenRaid<

======================
    >Click to join OpenRaid Channel<
    >Go LFT <---Click me too!<
    Last edited by Skoopy; Jul 10th, 2016 at 21:01:01.

Cool man, good luck.

Nice initiative. Good luck.
    First NT to proper pocket Ely hecks - Raesun

Quote Originally Posted by Raelil View Post
    Nice initiative. Good luck.
    If any raidleaders in your org would like RL(moderator) rights, send any of the admins a tell.

The more the bot is used, the more people get used to its mechanics and the faster/more often people raid.

Awesome, I miss iraid. Extra raid options cant hurt and the more avenues of gear acquisition the better. Iraid never allowed selling loot tho afaik, hope it would be clarified clearly before raiding starts. If people want to sell loot, there is ample choice in game and credits at end game are easily enough to obtain. Dont really agree with lootright selling in general so not sure i agree with it in a raid bot, if people want the loot, they can join the bot and help everyone raid. Not that its my bot or my decision, its just my two penneth.

Keep it nice, friendly and open.

Best of luck, hope it takes off.
    Last edited by gresh; Jul 10th, 2016 at 22:46:49.
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

Gresh,

Each raid has individual rules that are communicated before running. The idea is to establish LOTS of raid leaders from as many orgs as possible, and leave the bot open to join from level 200+ so people can simply check who's in the channel to see if there's a raid chain currently underway, or to provide a toolset of scripts to allow people to instantly get into the raid group without having to wait for tell replies and LFT recruitment.

Having to invite manually, reply to tells, and scrounge LFT in a big list makes raid forming PUG groups between orgs a hassle, and a lot of times people can get bored and go afk/leave, or simply not know about the raidbot.

A lot of new and returning players also don't know about bots like Hellcom, or can't get into them because admins don't reply to tells or they're dissuaded from a long running points system with weighted rolls.

It's new player friendly, completely open to any org and all sides, with small changes like non-public loot list construction to protect from item duping from a non-leader player trying to sneak in mistakes for roll disqualification, and "favoritism" from players who raid all the time being able to dominate rolls with points in a "buyout" manner.

Point based closed roster raidbots foster about a sort of private multibox situation. Players who constantly raid on it end up picking and choosing exactly what they want, even if someone else trying to get geared up wants a fair chance to win roll.

As the owner of the bot, I don't agree with selling lootrights on an item someone needs and I always state it's not allowed, but for leftover loot that wasn't rolled, I see no issue with putting up a message on Dnet for a low price or for free. (For example, I tend to put up beast weapons up for free, or for 10mil each)

So has there been any raids happening in this bot yet?
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Backstabbah runs raids, so do I. plenty of 12m, beast, some sectors.

It doesn't turn into the most popular bot overnight. But it's there.

Ah ok, so its like iraid in the sense its multifaction but quite alot different in other respects. Iraid had a singular set of rules that all leaders adhered to similar to hellcom and it was a points based system.

Sounds interesting, hope it takes off.
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

How's the status of this bot? Still running or left behind? I never heard anything ingame about it yet

I see that the majority of the current player base didn't play before Iraid time.

Commenting mostly to bump this thread Nice initiative, nice to see somebody getting all players together, regardless of faction, and without points is the way to go I think. Need before greed. I may pop in sometime an tag along, I could even fill in with leading occasionally if needed, but other priorities stop me from offering myself up for a proper RL. Might I suggest editing the scripts to explain it's in a new raid bot for all factions flatrolled when you send nn or dnet, might help out not sure if nn power noobs will ban you for bot advertisement :P