Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So did they ban multiboxing yet?

So did they ban multiboxing yet?

Cause I would really like to log in and partake in the community of AO again as I did for many years, but multiboxing really has my panties in a wad. It's ridiculous. It doesn't matter if it's "technically legal" or not, it ruins the game and drives people to stop playing the game and having fun, because all the hard work i put into my twinks gets demolished by one neckbeard playing with himself. (and/or playing with a full team... himself.)

So what's the status on this?
    creds pls

Its still around.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Banning multiboxers would be like banning single people who talk to themselves from most public spaces like parks etc.
    Babacratus
    - Clan Nano/Bureaucrat - Stumblin and Bumblin, he just might go all the way!

The act of multiboxing needs to be 'banned' or removed, not the people behind it, even tho the people who use this technique are weaklings and give in to the unfair ways of gameplay, what this game needs is population, banning these people would make the game even deader, it wont balance out the people that would rejoin because there are just too many multiboxers around

Quote Originally Posted by grandefiasco View Post
    The act of multiboxing needs to be 'banned' or removed, not the people behind it, even tho the people who use this technique are weaklings and give in to the unfair ways of gameplay, what this game needs is population, banning these people would make the game even deader, it wont balance out the people that would rejoin because there are just too many multiboxers around
    I have to say I partially agree and disagree with this post. First off FC will not ban MB because its too profitable. Second If you cant figure out how to deal with MB then your only options are to either leave the area or get smashed...that is a personal choice. Third with the reduced staff for AO trying to police it would not be even close to being efficient use of the resources available for players stuck in geometry or need a name change.

That aside, guys and gals you need to face the reality that the MB players are paying to "keep the lights on" in AO. More than any 30 players who QQ on the forums. Do the math it only takes 5 MB players to equal those 30 players on the forums. Its simple math.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I'm trying to imagine AO on steam, the user ratings and reviews. Because face it, the second AO hits steam there will be threads regarding input multiplexing, so we'll have a 15 year old mmo charging a premium and people saying you need 6 accounts if you want to play. Good luck with that AO
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    I'm trying to imagine AO on steam, the user ratings and reviews. Because face it, the second AO hits steam there will be threads regarding input multiplexing, so we'll have a 15 year old mmo charging a premium and people saying you need 6 accounts if you want to play. Good luck with that AO
    Thing is, AO is fine playable with only one account or two. Theres no real need to multibox, and get 4+ accounts. The only thing it does is make stuff easier. Which is up to the player.

The gametime cost is too high, but thats for another thread.
    First NT to proper pocket Ely hecks - Raesun

I think its better they fix foked up pvp than multiboxing, but i dont think they are able to code a single variable other than modifying things for there friends club.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Jul 23rd, 2016 at 21:08:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelil View Post
    Thing is, AO is fine playable with only one account or two. Theres no real need to multibox, and get 4+ accounts. The only thing it does is make stuff easier. Which is up to the player.
    But that is besides the point ain't it, people will call out input multiplexing the second AO hits steam. There is a lot of hurdles in the way for success here.

Where did you get that idea from? Multiboxing is not common in other games/for other players, and specially not on steam.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Jul 26th, 2016 at 09:06:03.

Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    Where did you get that idea from? Multiboxing is not common in other games/for other players, and specially not on steam.
    I've heard that it gets done in WoW. But that's beside the point. The point is, AO is a game to be enjoyed by all, not contorted just so one guy can feel accomplished by macroing 6 slayerdroids on a tower field.

AO is too complex and deep to be lost to the sands of MMO graveyards just because the devs are sucking up 6 accounts worth of subs, whilst also losing hundreds of accounts due to this stupid phenomenon. After reporting a multiboxers early in the movement, and getting told "well nothing will be done about it" I told the GM I would not be reupping my subscription at the end of the month until it is fixed, and I still have yet to resub. How many, like me, have refused to buy into this nonsense, and decided to stop condoning (even passively) something that we disagree with? As much as I would love to be the guy that says "See, AO has died because they allowed multiboxing to drive all their valuable players away, told ya so." I also don't want to see AO die, and don't want to leave it behind either.

However, I foresee multiboxers (with their 6 subs each feeding FC) will drive away the new, bright-eyed players that see the magic in AO, as well as the old veterans who are fed up with all the trash, and then it will just be multiboxers multiboxing each other, which will get boring, which will lead them to quit as well. No more AO for anyone. Sorry for this turning into a personal rant, but I feel my perspective is justified. Banning multiboxing, however business-unsensible for FC in the short term, will ensure that valuable individuals continue to subscribe to a great game and community. I don't think AO will grow or even sustain while this ridiculous mechanic is tolerated.
    creds pls

I don't see MB as such a big issue.
    People that does it can get the stuff they want. And they pay nice monies to FC.
    If there were no MB they might do said stuff with a closed personal group, not going to help anyone new in any case.

Atleast the MBers that i know is more than willing to share their stuff with friends, because they have the option to do the stuff alone, but more often than not, like to bring friends along for the fun and chat.

I do see the problem with MBers in PVP, thats something FC need to take care of.
    First NT to proper pocket Ely hecks - Raesun

No point fixing MB before they fix NT. you need MB to beat one. In Bs you usally see 1x NT beating 3-4 well twinked chars at ones. NullitySpear + Nukes you cant protect from no matter what you do.. Working as intended.

I've seen plenty on ppl dumping a huge load of perks into nt's with ns up... but you can see it and other nanos in their ncu, so not as big of an issue as it used to be.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Aug 6th, 2016 at 00:55:18.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

... + Nukes you cant protect from no matter what you do.. Working as intended.
    ... have you ever tried a full NR toon ?

Disclaimer : I am pvm
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

i tried to warn ppl about this back in the days, i told them to becareful for every changes they make to ao that can affiliates to increates nt power. but back then they told me to trolling and flamed me etc
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Quote Originally Posted by PigBrother View Post

Irrelevant. None of what he said is even close to accurate / possible anyway.

Complaints from people who cry when they lose are pretty much all the same. Greatly exaggerated, to the point they aren't even possible.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by PigBrother View Post

Ohh yes, perked all way up, works like a sharm, cant use any ****ty skill my own..Just because of 1 class mechanics. NR check 80%..ohh yes. its just me dying...
    Last edited by ByLogic; Aug 5th, 2016 at 21:27:18.

Not possible? Some illusions in life are scary...
    "NullitySpear + Nukes you cant protect from no matter what you do"

Illusions... Zero truth in there. Absolutely goose egg.

What's next... Remove triples?
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    "NullitySpear + Nukes you cant protect from no matter what you do"

Illusions... Zero truth in there. Absolutely goose egg.

What's next... Remove triples?
    Zero truth you say? Lets have a look at the facts.

Nullity Sphere MK II:
    Self Modify Reflect all damage for 19 sec (immortal)

Reuse time = 1 min.. (thats a pretty big uptime)

Now the nukes:
    Izgimmer's Double = The target will be hit twice for 3000 - 5750 points of radiation damage each hit
    Nano resist 90 % (means you need to perk in to Notum Repulsor 3++ to even have slight chance to make 1 hit miss, totally disabling your own skill set. Useless)

Another lol is this one:
    Izgimmer's Malignant Declaration : Strikes the target with a ray of poison, inflicting 4166-7779 points of damage
    Nano resist 55 % (now i am sure the dev never really tried there own game mechanics, but 55% is basically a 100% hit on every player, you cant defend your self with 55% NR check..) . I am not even counting in the damage multipliers on natobots triple lols.

Not possible, zero truth.. ye really.. in my a....
    Last edited by ByLogic; Aug 6th, 2016 at 09:46:18.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast