Thread: Young Opi keeper armor choices

Young Opi keeper armor choices

I'm bringing up a Opi Keeper on the side (AKA ALT), after 100, I'm finding the Ofab Sleeves and gloves are not cutting it,(rest of the armor is Pred) so was curious, if there was another option, Ofab would work, but being Stam is Opi's dark blue, it's not so easy to squeeze into. I can stick with Ofab if it's the better choice, just it's only going to happen at level.
    or am I going to be making custom Imps just to squeeze into Ofab.

this Keeper most likely will just be a lvl 150 S10 , not sure I'll stay there, but that's the current plan
    Xaatsha2 ++Current setup++ - The Main
    Xaatma2 - Formally know as 'The Main'
    Xaatphd2-Future Doc . Xaatkeep
    -Future Keeper . Xaatmur -Future MP

Quote Originally Posted by MrXaatXuun View Post

this Keeper most likely will just be a lvl 150 S10 , not sure I'll stay there, but that's the current plan
    Hello ,

So currently the best weapon for s10 keeper setup is 2he(2he skill is stre/stamina based ..so i advise you to max them ) - copy of the exacalibur / exact copy of the excalibur ....given these facts ofab is youre best/cheapest solution , 225 ql ofabs sleeves + chest are more than ok for farming alienz ... alternatives to ofab are : CC or Cm ...if u can afford cc would be nice ....reqs are for agi/stre that might be better for opi .

ahh okay . . I keep forgetting about AI armor, so for CC you're talking about Combined Commando's Armor, yeah logged in real quick to see what it sells for, glanced at the sleeves, ahh okay I see what you mean by "if u can afford cc would be nice", yup I think that's what I'll be trying to get, sounds like it's my answer

If you can't afford cc then combined mercs is cheaper and almost as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    If you can't afford cc then combined mercs is cheaper and almost as good.
    That places me right back in the same situation as I have with Ofab, the Stam req

This is what my 150 Keeper runs around with.
    It's Atrox, but the difference in base attribs at 150 is barely noticeable (12 strength / 4 stamina).
    It's a fairly lazy setup, you can do ql275 Ofab / higher CM if you do a bit of work.

You say you're using Ofab Sleeves / Gloves, which I find odd. Is your Keeper 2HE or Melee Energy ?
    If you're ME, then Gloves / Pants, if 2HE then Sleeves / Body.
    You can also wear the Pants if you want more evade close.

As for the stamina issue, it's more of an issue once you level past 150, luckily there have been so many items added to the game since the old days when I leveled my main (Opifex Keeper) that it's not that much of an issue anymore.

In terms of stamina buffing, easy to acquire items would be

which when combined with a Behe & Iron Circle (Kpr Str/Stam buffs only get better than IC with Guardian of Might) yields about ~170 stamina quite easily.
    Combined with using ql150~200 stamina implants until you hit 150 and equip symbiants in those slots, you shouldn't have to much trouble.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post

You say you're using Ofab Sleeves / Gloves, which I find odd. Is your Keeper 2HE or Melee Energy ?
    he's 2HE, haven't decided yet if I want to go ME or stay 2HE,
    just currently only thing Ofab was the Sleeves and Glove's, the rest are Predator Armor, just current, and felt like that those Ofab wasn't going to cut it, while I work my way to 150.
    My question was vague, but it was 2 part, and the answers was what I was looking for, and your reply was perfect with the rest, of what else I was wanting to know

thank you

ME at 150 is - sadly - not an option, for FC rather gives new pistols or crap than a solid/new ttl4/5 weapon. One can point to a kyr sword but it's quite a second choice, so are hammers. (edit : had a thought about them last night and I'll explore it further, might change my mind, but tis still "hard" to get the right QL weapon(s) AND type(s) =) )

AFAIK Transfuse vigor is still twinkable (so you have an easier time keeping armor non OE) and better than IC. If it's been deleted/changed, my bad, can't check my keeper atm.

IF you can afford them, combi merc parts (ql 223 mostly for the lower reqs) remain a good investment, and you'd keep them on to eventual endgame.

Don't forget that Keepers have access to Freak strengh AND mountainer perks, making STR/STA even less of a problem. They are by far the easiest twinkable abilities anyway.

Until you reach 150, almost any armor option is ok, even carbonum.

STA is in NO WAY a problem, unless you IPd weird stuff, dark blue is just a matter of cost, not amount. STR is, since it conflicts in implants with 2HE, and symbs gives a slightly lower amount than 200/220 implants would.

I didn't check Keeper's research, but remembering my (soli) MA, to keep her CM/CC out of OE, she had to keep a ring of strengh on, better options here, and a 10 str/10 sta/150hp AItech2 Adrenaline factory, which is good obviously.

Syndicate brain gives 15 STR/STA, apart from other nice mods.

To sum up, 150 keepers offer more versatility than meet the eyes =) (deleting comment about opis being crap, some people might not enjoy raw truth )
    Last edited by appolonia; Jul 31st, 2016 at 14:04:24. Reason: typos
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

WHAT i said in teh previous post 225 ofab chest + sleeves are easy to equip and cheap and are more than enough for s10 keep .... what you realy want to focus on is getting youre hands on exact copy of excalibur and viral targeting subunit with 14 + crit + 2 igocs = best performance a keeper can get inside s10 .225 oFAB is doable with average twink gear and some planing .., i'd say the bigger issue is a matter of cash to get those ... but if u have patience ....

thank you for the additional info appolonia and Eqvestre.

Okay at the rate I make creds now, I should be able to afford everything around the 29th Anniversary