Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The joke that is some of these dailies

Angry The joke that is some of these dailies

Unfortunately, it seems like you guys can never just do something plain and simple, it always has to have some sort of silly gimmick attached to it.

There are a few dailies in particular that are nothing short of massive wastes of time that FORCE you to delete them and wait until tomorrow, which is a ****ing JOKE

Infestation Aegean, are you kidding me? Why the hell would you stick a daily for t1 players in a place with no grid or whompah access? As if anyone wants to spend 30 minutes running around at the slowest point in the game just to get a measly level from this joke of a daily mission

The jewelery mission that you can gather everything from things your level? Oh, you just need a couple hundred points in tradeskill related stuff just to finish that off, or go bother someone to do it for you which is exactly what a dead game needs

Famous Last Words is an actual joke, go into this town that is always lit and find these tiny pieces of paper that are BRIGHT WHITE ON A SIMILAR COLORED GROUND. OH AND DON'T WORRY, YOU MIGHT PICK UP SOME OTHER PAPERS THAT ARE FOR SOME OTHER QUEST, DON'T WORRY KEEP LOOKING.

one step forward two steps back

if you are going to force your players to do something gimmicky, at least make sure it ****ing WORKS WHEN YOU TRY AND TURN IT IN

i'm not going to wait 24 hours for customer support to answer me with a copy paste answer when i could just delete the mission and wait for another random roll tomorrow so i can get ****ED again

you guys spent so much time working on that engine but why can't you try doing something useful like making tradeskilling not require that window for 90 percent of **** that REALLY DOES NOT NEED TO USE IT, have you ever heard of dragging and dropping????

also, the alien daily mission where you need to go disarm the mines in the minefield is so screwed up who the hell was in charge of this mess

if you don't disarm the mine exactly as it tells you, you will not get any credit, even though there are TWO ways to do so. STUPID

Hey check it out, same thing happened again TODAY that happened LAST TIME I GOT THE SAME DAMN DAILY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LouOW5Mavu4

this game is in its death throes for good reason, nothing works and everything that does is inaccessible

fc is busy having vacations they won't see your post before other problems that need to be fixed occurs. and all of these problems will gets old and noone cares,a nd pile up waiting for new fc employer to fix, but the new employer sometimes are so new they having problems with ao ancient engine code. fc tried to fix this and fix that, but at the end they will eventually fix their own grave
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

After talking to someone, I am told apparently one of the pages is an improper one and to find the right one, so I caved in and decided to play this game the way no game should be played, and went straight to the wiki to find the waypoint which is obviously how you want this game to be played since this game tells you jack **** and makes the pages the same ****ing color as the ground, after getting to it and right clicking it, it tells me I already have it in my inventory, I check my inventory, it's not in there, so I right click again, it dissapears but is not in my inventory, nor on the ground, so I send myself back to the wiki to get the two other waypoints to the same page, and neither of them are there.

i cannot understand why i was stupid enough to sub for 3 accounts at once before my lockout was finished, i literally paid for a game that does not even work and I purchase early access titles.

on a side now, how ****ing long do i need to sit here and wait for this page to respawn so i can actually get around to playing this game i paid for

it sure would be nice if this game wasn't layered under gimmicks.
    Last edited by bigShoe; Aug 4th, 2016 at 18:37:39.

So much cursing, so little attempt to do the daily right.

I usually need 5 minutes for FLW, because I actually spent the time *once* to figure out how it works.
    Here's a hint: The pages are all over the buildings. Not just around the Pyramid and also not just on the ground. They can literally be anywhere including upper levels.
    Here's another hint: They don't always respawn in the same places, so no point in camping.
    And last but not least: So far I have not seen a page being exclusively available at only one spot.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

The game is full of bugs, but nothing is flat out broken.

My recommendation... Delete it and move on. The mission is doable, but a nuisance. Why get so worked up over something so trivial?
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

the jewelry one, just go to the first static dungeons in Nasc and get your 5 gems there, they will be low enough QL you can cut them without increasing the trade skill that's needed

first time I got that one for finding the pages . . I spent over an hour, getting that same message, already have that page, but I didn't . . I finally gave up and deleted, second time I got that mission, instant delete, same for the third time, then someone in the Org told me it's fast and easy and sent me a link, so one the forth time I got that mission, it was, and was in and out under 5 minutes, but I never got that mission again after I did it. I was using both the guide on AoU and Wiki, combined it was easy

yeah when I find a daily that is just broke in my eyes, it's deleted and try again the next day, and hope I don't get the same one again
    Xaatsha2 ++Current setup++ - The Main
    Xaatma2 - Formally know as 'The Main'
    Xaatphd2-Future Doc . Xaatkeep
    -Future Keeper . Xaatmur -Future MP

People have complained about some of the missions you hate since they were put in game. Just delete them and move on. I will not bother with FLW because it is simply not fun. Same with the Mantis Den missions. I can't stand the place and won't do the mission because a level or two isn't worth doing something in a place you can't stand. Other people are not bothered at all by these missions and enjoy the easy dings.

I am sure FC has some kind of data on the deletion rate for the daily missions. Maybe purging a few of the most frequently deleted missions would be a nice way to add to QoL.

It's good to know this is what I resubbed to

dailies that most players do not even bother to do because of the tediousness involved.

I just had an issue on my trader on the alien daily, the one where you are in a tiny room that continuously spawns in aliens until you fight the warden.

My luck every single one aggroed as soon as they were spawned which left me 0 time to heal after the fights, i managed to fight 4 aliens all while under 40 percent health, mostly just getting lucky crits to kill off the ones that I did

not

one

single

chance

for

down

time

why do you make single player alien dailies that do things like this, I wager the only reason I survived as long as I did is because i had HoT's on me. Too many times in this past few weeks have I been back have I encountered old bugs, and new bugs that are equally, if not even more infuriating. Just lots of wasted time doing menial things and poorly coded ai that has enemies running off and resetting.

It's a damn shame that nostalgia is the only thing that can save this game, because it's pretty damn solid, but dear lord the children in charge have obviously never bothered to play the game themselves.

All 3 accounts are unsubbed and I will not bother wasting my time playing this mess of a game ever again.

Should have just left this game in my memories, I am leaving with an incredibly bitter experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bigShoe View Post

dailies that most players do not even bother to do because of the tediousness involved.

I just had an issue on my trader on the alien daily, the one where you are in a tiny room that continuously spawns in aliens until you fight the warden.

My luck every single one aggroed as soon as they were spawned which left me 0 time to heal after the fights, i managed to fight 4 aliens all while under 40 percent health, mostly just getting lucky crits to kill off the ones that I did

not

one

single

chance

for

down

time

why do you make single player alien dailies that do things like this, I wager the only reason I survived as long as I did is because i had HoT's on me. Too many times in this past few weeks have I been back have I encountered old bugs, and new bugs that are equally, if not even more infuriating. Just lots of wasted time doing menial things and poorly coded ai that has enemies running off and resetting.

It's a damn shame that nostalgia is the only thing that can save this game, because it's pretty damn solid, but dear lord the children in charge have obviously never bothered to play the game themselves.

All 3 accounts are unsubbed and I will not bother wasting my time playing this mess of a game ever again.

Should have just left this game in my memories, I am leaving with an incredibly bitter experience.
    FYI; Traders have mezz/calm, and those aliens are mezzable.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

not

one

single

chance

for

down

time

I started playing more actively recently and the game is getting worse and its mostly the dbag players elitism that is making the game fail on top of this short sighted crazy crap they try to force into the game. Try bringing up these things up in game with others only to be mocked for that opinion is the final straw for me personally. If you have noticed the trend on here the consensus is steam is going to save ao and be some kind of miracle... It won't save ao but be its final destruction as ao would be analyzed and torn apart in a matter of hours for the observations you have made and many more. The day after a live steam debut this game would a skeleton with no meat left picked clean left to die to decompose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    FYI; Traders have mezz/calm, and those aliens are mezzable.
    would like to add, once you have a corner cleared, you can just use the Aggression Enhancer to pull single aliens towards you.
    normally it's safer to use the corner the other people NPC's are at, I go as far as I can in the corner, seems the warden AoE will draw in the other Aliens if it reaches then too, I could just be imagining that, but I know once far enough away I get no adds.
    Also if in the corner fighting, and if the warden spawns, then you're far enough away not to aggro the warden if it spawns during a fight
    part I dislike about the area, you seeem to always be in fight mode, so you can't sit and heal.
    another good reason to be in the corner, if you just have a stim, wait for Cooldown, use stim again (if needed)

FYI I was in a corner, it was literally just another instance of this game being a complete ****in mess.

I decided to let myself cool off and try and go at it again, did the same thing and it worked out fine this time. What a load of ****.

Then decided to move onto the reck, jeez, more like the WRECK. A very good sign of what this game has come to. Crashing as usual, obnoxiously large with absolutely nothing in between. Joke dailies that are completely unenjoyable to do. I literally had wardog aggro onto me, and in the middle of combat just stop fighting me and begin to regenerate health. Nothing I could do to start combat with him again.

Went back a half an hour later, he is still in the same spot.

This game really is just nothing short of a mess. Nothing but massive technical walls that constantly get put up in your face.

Just shut it down already. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    The game is full of bugs, but nothing is flat out broken.

My recommendation... Delete it and move on. The mission is doable, but a nuisance. Why get so worked up over something so trivial?
    yes, why get worked up over something you paid to play. Also to say it's not flat out broken is a crock of ****, constantly receiving aggro from enemies that should not be able to, which forces alt f4 , crashes, stupid dailies made by people who don't play video games,

the wreck shows what funcom is capable of, a bad joke.

FYI I was in a corner, it was literally just another instance of this game being a complete ****in mess.

I decided to let myself cool off and try and go at it again, did the same thing and it worked out fine this time. What a load of ****.

Then decided to move onto the reck, jeez, more like the WRECK. A very good sign of what this game has come to. Crashing as usual, obnoxiously large with absolutely nothing in between. Joke dailies that are completely unenjoyable to do. I literally had wardog aggro onto me, and in the middle of combat just stop fighting me and begin to regenerate health. Nothing I could do to start combat with him again.

This game really is just nothing short of a mess. Nothing but massive technical walls that constantly get put up in your face.

I've had the same happen, but not with the wardog.
    Know that feeling quite well, sometimes, when it happens I check my connection, see if I can find a connection issue between me and the server, most times that is the problem, not my machine, and probably not the server, but somewhere in between.
    I was just playing another game, having the same thing happening. I swear it's programed into the game, so the mobs can kill you while you no longer have any ammo to reload. and lowering your score

You obviously don't play this game much do you?
    You just want to whine a ton and hope someone pays attention.

Go back to WoW easymode mate.

With the alien mission in question:
    1. Kill larvae in the corner it spawns.
    2. Kill ONE of the alien mobs in its respective corner, don't run around into another corner like an idiot, you can kite it a bit, but don't run around such that you aggro the other(s).
    2a. If you do kite, make sure you run back to its respective corner and kill it, as mobs will spawn in the TWO corners to the left/right of it.
    3. Kill the next mob in the sequence and do exactly like 2.
    4. Same as 3; don't run around enough that you aggro the whole room like OP is doing.
    5. When you get to the boss, run just far enough up to aggro and run back to the wall, wait for him to run up a bit and then attack.

Don't stand in the middle of the room as I'm sure the whiner has been doing, since mobs have an aggro range that apparently this person has no obvious common sense about.
    Last edited by Legendfluf; Aug 11th, 2016 at 16:37:13.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

are you using range or Melee

I created a render to give a more of what I was saying, maybe the visual will help, or not
    #1 is where your first guy is at, when you reach to final spot, just use Aggression Enhancer to pull, I usually have to pull a second one from the #2 spot, then the Warden appears, during that fight, but I'm far enough into the corner he won't aggro, and don't use any AoE's (just saying if you have one)

ETA: also if you have any kind of aggro perks or nanos running, turn them off
    Last edited by MrXaatXuun; Aug 12th, 2016 at 02:44:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    You obviously don't play this game much do you?
    You just want to whine a ton and hope someone pays attention.

Go back to WoW easymode mate.

With the alien mission in question:
    1. Kill larvae in the corner it spawns.
    2. Kill ONE of the alien mobs in its respective corner, don't run around into another corner like an idiot, you can kite it a bit, but don't run around such that you aggro the other(s).
    2a. If you do kite, make sure you run back to its respective corner and kill it, as mobs will spawn in the TWO corners to the left/right of it.
    3. Kill the next mob in the sequence and do exactly like 2.
    4. Same as 3; don't run around enough that you aggro the whole room like OP is doing.
    5. When you get to the boss, run just far enough up to aggro and run back to the wall, wait for him to run up a bit and then attack.

Don't stand in the middle of the room as I'm sure the whiner has been doing, since mobs have an aggro range that apparently this person has no obvious common sense about.
    lmao kid please, do you like to hear yourself try and talk like you are telling people things they don't know? I have done it plenty of times before. If you read the post you would have noticed it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrXaatXuun View Post
    are you using range or Melee

I created a render to give a more of what I was saying, maybe the visual will help, or not
    #1 is where your first guy is at, when you reach to final spot, just use Aggression Enhancer to pull, I usually have to pull a second one from the #2 spot, then the Warden appears, during that fight, but I'm far enough into the corner he won't aggro, and don't use any AoE's (just saying if you have one)

ETA: also if you have any kind of aggro perks or nanos running, turn them off
    I have already stated that i have done this before, why would you waste your time making a "render" ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast