Thread: What is blitzing a mission?

What is blitzing a mission?

Can anyone explain what this is and how you do it? I just started a fixer so I'm interested. Thank you.

Blitzing a mission is just running through with the intent to get to the item or mission reward while ignoring the mobs of the area.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

When you intend to blitz, you need to avoid "kill target" missions, since you don't want to stop moving for more than a few seconds, otherwise all the mobs in the mission will catch up with you and likely kill you. You will also need a way to break hostile snares/roots should you get hit by one; I can't recall if fixers have snare remove nanos, but there's a stim you can buy which reduces duration and can be used multiple times relatively fast, so you should keep a good supply of that in the highest QL you can use.

You can look for specific mission rewards (eg. "find item" missions for rare nanocrystals, high QL empty implants), or just set the mission for maximized credits and XP while avoiding kill missions. Fixers have a natural toolset for moving very fast to leave the mobs behind, attaining high evades to avoid hits (melee mobs can still attack you on the move, ranged mobs can't), strong snares/roots to stop the mobs in their track once there are just too many of them to dodge, and HoTs to to heal without having to stop to cast a heal nano.

Thats the essence of it. Before you go in, cast your runspeed, dodge and HoT nanos, then run inside and try to find the target npc (for "tag npc" missions) or object as fast as possible while ignoring all the mobs, interact with it, then either run back to the entrance or use an evac nano to teleport out into the grid (at the cost of all but 1 point of your health).

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Fixers do have root and snare remover nanos. Make sure you have those up to date if you can. If not, grab some Free Movement stims from any medical vendor. (Avoid ICC and other neutral shops if you can because they have insane prices especially for the higher QL stims and health labs. Clan and Omni shops still have more sane prices, though you can't find higher than QL125 stims in them).

When blitzing missions with a fixer I usually gather a few mobs behind me and then use the AoE snare to trap them in a corner somewhere so they won't bother me again while I search for the mission target. This way i can usually blitz even the Kill missions by snaring the adds away somewhere while killing the target.

And remember to set your Agg/Def slider to full Def. It's also useful to have enough nano inits to be able to instacast your AoE snare in full def.

Useful tool for Blitzing is the Clicksaver. You can use it to find specific mission rewards more easily. A guide to using CS can be found in here, as well as a download link to a couple of different versions of it.

I'm using Darkbane's CS version 2.4.0 at the moment and it's been working fine with the current AO version.

Also searching "Anarchy Online Blitzing" or something similar in google returns a few old but still useful guides about the art of blitzing.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Keep the mini-map open as well. You will learn the layout of missions if you do enough of them. You can often run right to the correct area.

Cast both hots, your best runspeed, go full def and haul a**. If in doubt, run faster. I would avoid human mobs as that is where you will encounter the most roots / snares.

Try to focus on non-shop nanos and stuff to load into the GMI. People are lazy, capitalize on that fact. I used to look for purchase orders with a nice price and roll those items for a fast sale.

There is an old "master blitz list" on the fixer forums. I wouldn't bother with most the "shop food" items, Focus on items you can sell to players and you will do better. - http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...itz-List-V-2-0