Thread: The Sound of Silence

The Sound of Silence

Hello my fellow NTs!

It's been a month since a word was last uttered in here - so I thought I'd take the opportunity to shatter the oppressing quietude.
    I eyeball this forum quite regularly to see if there has been much change to the profession that gave me so many years of pleasure.
    I'm always looking for that genuine call to arms. That excuse to re-equip my cyber deck because a new front line conflict needs an old fat wizard!

One day.

Meanwhile those who knew me well will be glad to hear that I'm enjoying life in meat-space. I hope all is going well for my my fellow techno-sorcerous brother and sisters.
    Feel free to use this thread to post a few hopes/dreams and life-updates. Recent successes and failures both in-game and out. I'd be lovely to hear some activity.

Fatty.

I'm mostly just waiting to see if/when we get some of the new toys we were promised.

Until then, I don't have much else to say, unfortunately.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Somewhat a chance there's always a "nerf anything" thread going and people in need of light
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

Yo fatty, I'm still hoping for some boss nukes or w/e, shades got a 1% one so i don't see why we can't ☺️
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Why i see so many 220 nt using channeling notum ?? any secret tricks under the crappy 170 nano all 11 sec?

Vink ask FC to add Foutain of life a CH nanopool too please!
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Through all the bad stuff Genele had planned, there was actually some really clever ideas in there. I harp on the good ones, since some new toys for baby NTs are WAY overdue.

Will we get % based nukes? Probably not. If anything, I would want them used for PVP before PVM, as it's a way there can be a clear division between functionality. Where an otherwise huge number for PVM works in a more retrained way for PVP. Specifically, if there is anything added for NTs at levels where we're already strong.

Quote Originally Posted by dritst View Post
    Why i see so many 220 nt using channeling notum ?? any secret tricks under the crappy 170 nano all 11 sec?

Vink ask FC to add Foutain of life a CH nanopool too please!
    I think we both know that'd be a bit too strong. :P

What I do want, however, is Izgimmer's Wealth to be a fast nano HoT instead of a big shaboozie. If you miss-time it with Aegis, you're screwed at the moment. At least if IW was a HoT, you'd only lose out on however many ticks early you hit it.

In terms of channeling of notum, it's good if you want extra, nearly pointless, lag. It also seems to generate a surprising amount of aggro if you tend to tank things, and are looking for a way to build more.
    Last edited by Vinkera; Aug 12th, 2016 at 00:08:55.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Pewpew!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Welcome back fatty, i remember you helping my little nt out back in the day, its now a current 200 twink ��
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Quote Originally Posted by Valour View Post
    Welcome back fatty, i remember you helping my little nt out back in the day, its now a current 200 twink ��
    Always nice to hear an "apprentice" NT of mine is out there kicking ass.

I think helping NTs became my #1 enjoyable passtime in AO. I must have handed out hundreds of lucub shades and spec1 books. xD

I do miss it, but now I think about it I do spent a lot of my time irl helping students... I think I'm cursed to be a helpful mentor of a sort in all realms. :P

You need to stop by now and then Fatz, miss our epic PvP Your setup was about 95% the same as mine. IMO NT's are in a good place right now.
    Hawtaysboy 220/30/70 NT Komodo Director http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=200379

OS - WIN 7 Ultimate
    CPU - i7 2600k @ 3.7 GHz
    MoBo - Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3
    GPU - ASUS GTX 580 DC II x 2
    Mem - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 GB DDR 3 2133
    SSD - Intel 128 GB
    HDD - WG Digital VelociRaptor 450 GB
    PS - Thermaltake TPG 1200M

Quote Originally Posted by Damtaz View Post
    You need to stop by now and then Fatz, miss our epic PvP Your setup was about 95% the same as mine. IMO NT's are in a good place right now.
    Hey Haw! Glad to hear you're still wandering Ka's wastes. No doubt killing my omni kin over towers.
    Before I left you were my best frenemy.

I keep hearing mutterings of changes; little things here and there which could mean a few hours fun collecting new research or objects.
    That new Hope Pyramid thing I think... I guess I'm mostly waiting for prodigious change.

Once this bout of UK summer is done and the weather get grim; then perhaps I'll pay you a visit. Be careful what you wish for. ;D