Thread: some soldier suggestions

some soldier suggestions

I am trying to suggest things here that isnt gamebreaking in the way that we get overpowerd vs anything and remain rather balanced.

1. The nsd from engis, it would be nice to get a nano/perk or something that give us a 10-15 second immunity to nsd.

2. A totaly new perkline for heavy weapons/assault rifle, the Heavy Ranged perkline we got buffs Assault rifle and heavy weapons, but its 2x dodge debuffs and a ****ty dmg perk, its realy useless.
    We are faar away from the dmg smg produce in both pvp and pvm.

3. maybe realy stupid, but a SMAL 1 sec aoe taunt that aggro players, ofc it cant aggro someone who isnt flagged or isnt inside a pvp zone. (was just to get something fresh i tought of this)

maybe its dumb, but i want to point out i do feel strongly for my sugestion nr 2, assault rifle has kinda been a rather dead setup after xan got released, i think it looks stupid that mini handguns (smg) is the badass weapon setup to be in for a soldier.

1. Nano with 100% resist to some nanolines, with shared cd with the heal? Nsd/drains/...

2. Agree, but how would we make sure ppl dont go envy/ madamfreeze? Has to be possible to just go heavy weapons and not assault rifle, maybe (must have 2 handed weapons equipped?), and heavy ranged perkline changed the same way. Napalm spray should do something more, with more damage and less recharge.

3. I think makin ppl stop attack and target you is still possible at least, so that might work.

I think NSD should be reduced to -30 reflect down from (if memory serves) -48. This will take RRFE off anyone in towers/mass pvp/etc. -48 is excessive for non-soldiers and only serves to give engis a direct boost against soldiers (and I guess zset mp?). In any case a reduction in how many reflects NSD tears away that doesn't make it weaker against non-soldiers, but helps soldiers out a little would be a good change overall in my opinion.

agreed heavy assault rifle needs its own damage perkline, i'd like to see one longer perk (2s or 3s cast) and 1 or 2 short cast perks (1s cast). Assault rifle doesn't need more attack rating, but a line that gave an assortment of stats like Add damage for projectile (maybe energy?) to buff xan assault rifle damage to give huge damage on regular hits + maybe some other bonuses. A few evades? max health? heal/nano delta?.. not sure what it should give but losing our evade debuffs would be a bad thing, so the new line needs to give either low assault rifle skill and other stats instead, or the debuff perkline needs to be reworked to maybe check full auto attack rating for debuffs instead of assault rifle AR, and then assault rifle buff moved to its own line + its own unique damage perks.

in pvp would be nice if when AMS expired we got a run speed buff to compensate for our low RS and give us an opportunity to disengage from pursuers, OR find a way to make it easier to stick close to people under AMS. either through Run Speed or root/snare resist.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Ilosing our evade debuffs would be a bad thing
    why am i not surprised you're still the only one that cares about evade soldiers? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    why am i not surprised you're still the only one that cares about evade soldiers? :P
    i meant losing the debuff perks triangulate target/lazer paint/etc would be bad if a new assault rifle perkline were introduced. would love to see some evade soldier love though =D
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

ah you're right. misread in a rush but yes, losing evade debuffs would probably break soldiers.

why we should kep the current but get a new one aswell.
    but yes as marine said, if a new assault/heavy art perkline it would be without attack rate boost, it would have to buff other stuff like add dmg for example. but assault rifle/heavy artillery seriously ned more dmg perks, they ar realy faar behind smg soldiers

Kind of a vague response from me here...but,

Most of these suggestions in some way have been pushed in the past.
    We had tried to push Heavy Weapons so hard, so very very hard. Pushed perks and weapons.
    We tried to get some help against nsd/drains.

I've had multiple talks with past devs about these very issues in the past. When I say in the past I'm talking about since Silirrion was around.
    Hard pushes came when Means and Genele were around.

Sorry for the late reply.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz