Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leveled to 150.... ? ..... profit!

Leveled to 150.... ? ..... profit!

First new post to this forum since July. Hmmm... I'll ask anyway.

I can get toons, froob or paid, to about 150 fairly easily. The trouble I have is I'm somewhat limited credit-wise the time frame during which I play tends to have few others around so teams are rare.

I've currently playing this 150 MA. From memory since I'm at work: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=203700 Implants are all 160-170ish and follow the MA guide. Likewise for perks & AI levels.

I am also using a ql 150ish type 48 Kyr'ozch Nunchacko but it's weak sauce compared to my ql 200 nano-charged glove and I may swap the glove back on for the fast attack.

My first venture into Sector 10 last night, I had no problem keeping my health up with 1 or 2 mobs but if more jumped in, it was time to run for the guards. I have Zazen stance but haven't used it yet since it kills crit and seeing the 3000ish hits make me giggle. My nano skills have taken second seat to max MA, Phys Init, Brawl, evades & treatment (cls & ranged maxed, duck @50%) so they are lacking.

I looked at OFAB but the treatment requirements were WAY too high to get into anything over 175, and it wasn't an improvement for me over the ql200 Miy's tank (4000-4500 AC's as is)

I have no experience on how to gear toons up for the 150-200 run - so I'm starting with my MA.

Any helpful suggestions to improve would be welcomed.

I'm thinking symbs are a good start, but what few appear on the market are either too expensive (some were 30 mill apiece but i don't think I have 30 mill across all my toons) or too high of a treatment req to equip).

Try to keep your heals up to date and get a Special Edition Nunchacko as soon as possible from sector 7.
    Even if you play the graveyard shift in AO, try to make some friends and find an org stuffed with people who play at similar times as you do.

Good luck.
    The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
    Jensenberg - Crat | Equip |
    WeylanYutani - Enf | Equip |

Quote Originally Posted by Odeleder View Post
    [...]find an org [...] who play at similar times as you do.
    This
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Sadly S10 is no more as good source of credits as it was few years ago ...
    I have almost best possible dammage focused level 150 MA which I built long time ago with this set up:
    https://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=203704

The only possible thing to improve is QL of some items.
    The 2 missing items are: Torturing tool QL149 and Stripped Merit Board (as I am Neutral).
    With this set up I have to be 99% aggro to hit 1/1 but with fixer's GSF and H&Q buffs I can easily face even 3-4 aliens.
    There are only 2 dangerous types of mobs in S10 : Alien larvaes (you can trap them with "cage") and aliens that use nukes (so always kill them first)

With above set up I have a lot of critical hits and some of those crits are almost 5,3k.
    The sad thing is that recently I hardly ever log this MA as there are more efficient ways of earning credits with my other characters.

However MA is an excelent character for any new player as first character.
    Have fun and good luck with your MA.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Toad702 View Post
    I looked at OFAB but the treatment requirements were WAY too high to get into anything over 175, and it wasn't an improvement for me over the ql200 Miy's tank (4000-4500 AC's as is)
    my general rule of thumb is to completely ignore the existence of AC's. i've never been in a situation where i wanted to sacrifice combat stats for more AC's. especially not on an evade class. pick up some cheap evade gear. goddess boots, pred circlet (both add crit and evades), gloves and ma back(ma skill and damage) from tara if your side controls it, some lions pieces (evades), dchest and igocs when you can afford them, ofab pants (ma skill), good symbs (check what other ma's are doing) and farm yourself a fist of the dominator from IS. i didn't really bother with a weapon on my MA, but apparently 1 nunchako is better than 2 because of the way triple wielding and crits work
    Last edited by Lazy; Sep 6th, 2016 at 08:24:56.

What time zone do you play in? Joining a good org that is active in your time zone is probably the single most important thing you can do. They will have higher level players that can help you get some of the higher-level items that you won't be able to get on your own.

Read Engelen's MA Guide: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...elens-MA-Guide. Yes, it is outdated. No, this doesn't make the information useless.

Warning: The perspective I'm about to give you would seem outdated by some, as the drive now is generally to level as fast as possible. However, this is what I would do in your position:

Since money seems to be an issue, I would stop leveling for the time being and concentrate and ways to improve your character that don't cost anything (and possibly can earn you some money along the way in some cases). Move your research slider to full research if necessary. It can also be helpful to create your "dream" setup in Auno so you have a goal to shoot for. Aim high, but be realistic as well - Combined Mercenaries armor isn't just going to fall out of the sky. Here are some improvements off the top of my head:

- Adonis Brain Symbiant: Parts of this quest will be impossible to solo, so you will need some help. However, the final result is really pretty much the best brain symbiant you can be using at your level (and free): https://aoitems.com/item/268287/synd...-the-balanced/. Here's the quest guide: http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php...nis%2F&pid=316

- Ofab armor: This armor is functionally free, as you can earn VP from the battlestation or bartender daily missions. You'll get slaughtered in the BS, but that's ok. You can make yourself useful as a point-capper or APT. You can probably get on QL200, maybe 225 Ofab without too much trouble (depending on breed). Pants are great, Chest is good, sleeves are ok. I probably wouldn't fool with the rest.

- Cloak of the Reanimated <whatever>: Lots of high-level characters kill the Prisoners in Milky Way for elite daily missions - the stuff to make the cloaks usually just rots. Either ask around in your aforementioned org if anyone is planning to kill, or just camp out at a few of them and collect the leavings (Umbral seems to be the most commonly killed in my org, but that may not be consistent). Prisoners info here: http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php...ars%2F&pid=382. Cloak creation info here: http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php...mor%2F&pid=380. Decide which best fits your playstyle, but I would probably go for Gladiator if I was more damage-focused, or Jester if I was more defense-focused. Note that fully upgrading them to 5/5 gives them a TL6 lock, so only upgrade them to 4/5 if you want to wear it now, or even 3/5 to make it easier to put on.

- Symbiants/Implants: Go here: http://aopocket.tngk.com/ and find the best symbs QL200 or under for each slot. Remember, MAs can use Infantry or Support symbiants, so compare the two to see which you prefer the mods on. Most MAs use Support in Eye/Head/Ear/RWrist and infantry everywhere else EXCEPT for LWrist & LHand. LWrist should be Fist of the Dominator from Inner Sanctum (you'll need high level help to get that). Left hand should be a simple implant with MA skill in the faded slot. Once you've found the best symbs, check the prices on the GMI. For the ones beyond your price range, figure out what mobs drop the pocket boss parts you want and try to farm sets of that PB. Some will be difficult to try to farm on your own, but do your best. You should be able to sell any extra symbs that drop on the GMI. Here's a guide on pocket bosses: http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php?id=14&pid=184. Also, there are some slots where symbiants are just not as necessary. Look at the stats each symbiant adds and see if they are actually of more value than a plain ole QL200 implant.

- Dark Ruins: If you haven't yet, try to do the Dark Ruins solo instance in Adonis (http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php?id=14&pid=482). Once you've done that, try to find a team to do the team instance to get some Goddess Armor (http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php?id=14&pid=484). You'll have to do it several times to try to get a full set, especially if others are rolling on the armor as well. This is nice stuff, has inits, evades, nano, & HP on every slot, as well as a special stat per slot. Use it to fill in your non-Ofab gaps if you can.

- Clicksaver: Get familar with it, and use it to roll anything rollable so you don't have to buy it. This means your top nanos (pretty much all of MAs non-SL nanos are rollable), QL 200 implants, NCUs, etc. I believe the current working version is Darkbane's from here (2.4): http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php...ads%2FTools%2F.

- Nanos: Make sure you have all the top nanos for each of the RK MA nanolines. This means: Universal Vulnerability Compendium, Four Fists of Kali, Mark of Peril, Reduce Inertia, Fists of Stellar Harmony, Enlightened Healing Touch, Greater Team Restore Essence, Horde, Transcendent Shen Protection. Check the MA nanos listing to make sure you haven't missed anything: https://aoitems.com/nano/prof/martial+artist/. Again, all of the ones I've listed are rollable using Clicksaver.

- Token board: Start doing RK missions to get tokens to get your 1k board. Bring lots of backpacks and loot everything you can to shopfood. It doesn't seem like much, but it adds up over time. The token board is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to improve your character.

There are lots more things to do, but that's what I've got for now. Feel free to contact me any time I'm online for questions or assistance. I'm usually on: Derishen, Derimed, Kamer
    Last edited by derishen; Sep 6th, 2016 at 16:10:22.
    Derishen - 220/29 Martial Artist - Setup
    Darcoben - 170/12 Adventurer - Setup

Thanks!

Thanks all for an amazing set of suggestions!

Just as a clarification, I am fighting with the AGG/DEF slider a bit less than halfway with max'd phys init. Any more toward DEF and it slows too much.

Embarrassing as this is, realize that of the handful of characters I've parked in the 150 range, several still wore Exarch, Neleb's or unimproved CoH robes. o.O Alien armors have always been out of my price range so i've largely ignored anything but alien weapons. Specialty armors like the ones you'd mentioned were also largely ignored but I will reconsider.

I have for the moment diverted all XP to research with the intent of not moving on until I'm better equipped. Also I'll find the area Derishen mentioned to scavenge any parts to upgrade the CoH robe.

This weekend I went to Scheol intending on getting to Ergo... and died three times. Badly. First death: jumped down from a cliff into the suddenly aggro'd Hoathlin gang which apparently have a long attack range. Second death: Girder gang. Where did they all come from??? A return with a plan for a slower approach (and yes I have an aggression enhancer for pulling) almost worked except for: Spirit gang. Bad pull = too many... Three deaths, almost an hour gone, and nothing to show for it. This frustration is part of the reason I usually stop at 150 lol.

Also, Lazy, I've never had that opinion that AC's were less important than combat skills. I guess it's difficult to believe that a few points here or there would make a real difference (adding 10 to a skill that's over 800 doesn't seem significant), however that opinion hasn't worked for me thus far, has it? As a start, I replaced the two bracers from Bane in CoH (250 Fire AC each) with two Pieces of Sandy Goo. Onward and upward!

Plan: Org, credits (via RK missions for 1k board) & research first, then Symbiants (leaving existing Imps in place to save credits). In the meantime, OFAB (especially pants), look for parts to upgrade the CoH robe, and the Sector 7 SE nunchacko. Easy, right? x.x

my reasoning is that AC's reduce 1 point of damage per 10 ac's up to a certain min. however stacking evades increases my odds of negating 100% of the hit. is it better to take 10 less damage per hit or is it better to avoid the hit completely? for ma's, the ma skill affects the QL of the "weapon" that is used to calculate damage so every point matters there. crit increases your damage per hit by a lot because of the MA weapon damage template so every point of crit matters there too. for inits, until you hit 100% def every point lets you move the slider closer to def, thus increasing your odds of avoiding a hit. additionally, higher QL ma weapons are slower, so the more MA skill you have the more inits you need to keep it at 1/1 on full def. as a result your MA skill, crit, evade skills and init skills all take precedence over ACs.

Lots of good advice above, I'll just add a few things.

For cheap armor, if you still want to use Miy's you might want to change some of your tank armor for miy's melee armor. Pants add to martial arts skill, body to physical init, sleeves to 1hb/1he. Maybe Gamboling Master wear for back until you can get Cloak of the Reanimated. It drops from Crypt of Home but is also yesdrop.

When you get your MA in shape the new playfield The Reck is a good place to level up since it has several daily missions to offer in addition to the regular dailies from the agency.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Qianjin; Sep 7th, 2016 at 04:50:02.
    Qianjin | martial artist | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams (link!)
    Guifei | bureaucrat | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams

and a few more lowbie alts

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    almost best possible damage focused level 150 MA which I built long time ago with this set up:
    https://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=203704
    Not even close.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Shh he's neut. Let him dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    Not even close.
    At least a lot closer than Critbull in your signature

We use the same weapons (mine is a bit higher QL but thats not the point).
    There are 2 main points of MA with those 2 weapons:
    1. Get at least 1500 MA skill for combined 3rd MA attack
    2. Get as much critical hits as possible

Now with my set up I end up with 16 more MA skill and 17 more critical% chance.
    Normal hits with those weapon sux no matter how much add dammage gear you put on and even Clam tokenboard wont help you much

If you do not believe me lets team and see dammage dumper results.

There are no higher ql weapons of those kind in game. Max ql Torturing Tool is 145, like mine. The 149 is a myth and I won't believe it untill I see it live in-game.
    You get extra 10 MA from ring, extra 10 from NCUs while severely gimping your -nano cost. You will need to sit and heal after a continuous 10min battle, I won't.

In that setup, +damage is A LOT better than +crit. I tested my setup against various others and came out best, by far.
    Same goes for Aura Magnifier, the reanimator cloak is just so much better.
    You need the N-Ball shoulder if you want to keep a ql200 Mace out of OE while wearing +dmg rings.
    CC>CM
    You can't go full agg, cause of VTS, I can, wich means alot more hits/min=more procs=more crits.
    We also have better token boards.
    Your math is off by a mile, mate.

Fire dmg modifier: 170 vs 371.
    Last edited by Contra; Sep 9th, 2016 at 19:43:43.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

ROFL,
    1. I can log my MA and let you inspect me to see QL149 Torturing Tool for example tomorrow around the time when you posted your reply to prove that its not a myth
    2. We are talking about farming S10 not pvp or other mobs so I'll always have H&Q (lasts 4 hours) and I ll not need to sit down and heal at all.
    3. I can and I am full agg 100% of the time (tbh I am not sure what are you trying to say...)
    4. Crit modifier 1% vs 18% and MA with those weapons is all about crits!

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    There are no higher ql weapons of those kind in game. Max ql Torturing Tool is 145, like mine. The 149 is a myth and I won't believe it untill I see it live in-game.
    The highest ql TT is 150, my MA could show you his.

Sad to see a thread derailed for petty reasons liks this.
    Last edited by Odeleder; Sep 10th, 2016 at 00:43:12.
    The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
    Jensenberg - Crat | Equip |
    WeylanYutani - Enf | Equip |

1% crit=roughly 11 add damage. 10.76 to be precise.
    If you didn't know, on triple wield setups it's always +dmg that comes a winner over +crit because of two reasons:1) it can be stacked a lot more 2) it works every single time you hit, unlike a %chance.

You're agg 100% of the time, I get that, I am too, but if you get ambushed by a running loser being chased by 20 aliens, you're forced to go full def where you'll be doing ¬30% less damage then I'm doing, just for those reasons.
    Mate, I've tested this setup versus plenty of try-hards like you and I always won. Game mechanics don't lie and we can easily prove it if we team up and get a damage parser running.
    Don't forget, I get better armor, more speed, 3x more add damage and better token board not to mention that add dmg applies on perks aswell, while your only advantage is a 4 ql higher weapon and a few crit chance % that does nothing, since we already crit 95% of our hits due to aliens having 0 armor and crap evades.

Sorry about the TT. I farmed my 145 for almost 3 years untill I saw it. If there is a higher ql, droprate is beyond stupid.
    Last edited by Contra; Sep 10th, 2016 at 12:52:26.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

I do not know how did you calculate that 1% crit = 10.76 and I would really appreciate if you could explain it in more detailed way.
    I do not see any difference how crit% vs add dmg works on double and tripple wields. You get more dmg or more crits no matter if its double or tripple wield.

I am 100% agg no matter what so your example of running loser being chased by 20 aliens does not apply to me.
    I do agree that add dmg works on perks to and thats about the only thing where your set up has some advantages.
    More speed does not matter at all because with 100% full agg (99% would be enogh but I do not care about it) we both hit 1/1 all the time.

You are also exagerating that you get 95% of critical hits because even in my set up which has 17% more crit I never crit 95% of the time.

One last thing:
    Do not get me wrong I am not claiming that my set up is the best possible DD setup for 150 MA I say its very close to it. Also I could immagine more DD in a "suicidal set up" which would be used only in ts with tank and doc but I solo 99% of the time so my set up was focused on good DD and survivalability and not only pure DD.

What I love most about AI is a fact that even after 13 years of playing it I can still learn new things.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I do not see any difference how crit% vs add dmg works on double and tripple wields. You get more dmg or more crits no matter if its double or tripple wield.
    the reason why add dmg works better than crit on triple wielding setups is that add dmg works on your proc damage while crit does not. the reason ma's triple wield is to get more procs dmg in so having more add dmg is more of a plus there than to have a slightly higher chance to crit on your regs. also, the crit bug on some aliens in s10 means you'll have 100% on some aliens as melee even with 0 crit thus negating sacrificing add dmg for crit even more.

Pretty sure the crit bug on certain aliens is fixed already(Ill double check with my Enf....ran Enf in and it's fixed).

MAs don't have any procs that do dmg just buffs/heals.

*I'll do the whole crit% to add dmg later but it looks to be closer to 1% = 18 add dmg*

MA dual/triple wield really works no differently than single wield, the only difference is that your Crit% to Add dmg has to average out your 2/3 weapons so 30 on fist and 20 on tortue tool would be 25 since both hit 20/20 per min.
    Last edited by Rockdizzle; Sep 11th, 2016 at 01:28:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdizzle View Post
    MAs don't have any procs that do dmg just buffs/heals.
    does disharmony not do dmg anymore? i know it did when i had an s10 ma...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast