Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Multiboxing / PVP

Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    If they are not boting, you are infact just playing against 1 player, its just that they have another around basically brain dead/afk. If they are MB boting
    then they are cheating and that is illegal. I rather want to face 6 afk mb than 6 active ones.. Get it?
    Then we have different definitions of what MB means. I am not talking about duallogging and /follow. I am talking about hotkeynet, where 1 character control 1-XX other characters. Giving 1 player 18 or 39 or however many specials he has to fire at once.
    This way of playing is legal now. Which is retarded.

Now MB in bs is pretty rare tough and not a issue at all. Maybe on day time when there is nobody doing bs some one mb
    to get it running. Your chance of winnings is pretty good.
    How come I've encountered it 3 times the last week (every time I went in BS) and from different MB'ers?

Quote Originally Posted by atlehagen View Post
    6 vs. 1 - how am I supposed to get the time to kill anything before hugging reclaim?
    The reality is that BS is dead most of the time. the alternative would be to not let BS run at all, is that fair? On the evening (US timezone) BS is pretty active and you wont find any MBs around.

Multiaccounts is pretty normal in all games, no company has rules aganst it. Is it more fair to face 6 players that is not multiboxing vs 1? Boting is a problem, not mb, the difference is huge.

The reality is that BS is dead most of the time. the alternative would be to not let BS run at all, is that fair? On the evening (US timezone) BS is pretty active and you wont find any MBs around.

Multiaccounts is pretty normal in all games, no company has rules aganst it. Is it more fair to face 6 players that is not multiboxing vs 1? Boting is a problem, not mb, the difference is huge.
    We are not talking about the same thing, so I'll just stop

There are 3 ways of doing multiboxing

1. Having multiple accounts logged on, and on same screen and command them manually.
    2. Having multiple accounts logged on, and command them by a program (key broadcast (sync) if you want to call it)
    3. Have a automated system that controls multiple accounts, having 1 master account that controls the others, this can be done even over
    the internet and by different computers. This is what we call a bot.

Removing /assist /follow etc. will only alter issue nr.2. Not 1 or 3.

In-case some one didn't read it.

As per Customer Service management, multiboxing, as in, a player actively sending inputs to multiple clients at once, is allowed.

Unattended gameplay/botting is still illegal.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

A bot is a fully automated program where a player is not in charge (referring to your nr 3 post). A system that controls multiple chars where the system is player controlled, is not a bot.
    This can also be done on diff computers and online etc etc. As long as the characters actions are actively input, its legal. (1 master account, as u say).

going afk with a script that tab+q +123 hobtar (with multiple characters) is botting, and illegal.

There are 3 ways of doing multiboxing

1. Having multiple accounts logged on, and on same screen and command them manually.
    2. Having multiple accounts logged on, and command them by a program (key broadcast (sync) if you want to call it)
    3. Have a automated system that controls multiple accounts, having 1 master account that controls the others, this can be done even over
    the internet and by different computers. This is what we call a bot.

your point number one is not commonly considered as multiBOXING though... It's called multiLOGGING. Everyone does it and banning that would kill the game in a day. Alt tabbing between clients and controlling your toons manually never hurt anybody.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    your point number one is not commonly considered as multiBOXING though... It's called multiLOGGING. Everyone does it and banning that would kill the game in a day. Alt tabbing between clients and controlling your toons manually never hurt anybody.
    We're talking the same language

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Multiboxing

Multiboxing is a term used to denote one user playing multiple accounts simultaneously.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-boxing

Multiboxing refers to playing as multiple separate characters concurrently in an MMORPGs. This can either be achieved by using multiple separate machines to run the game or by running multiple separate instances of the game

So what if call it like this:

MB = Just multiboxing
    MBB = Multiboxing + Keyboard Broadcast
    MBA = Multiboxing automated bot
    Last edited by ByLogic; Sep 15th, 2016 at 12:37:31.

But still, it doesnt feel right to me.
    No, it doesn't feel right and it takes away from the experience of going on battlestation and having meaningful PvP. But if life hands you lemons and all that... -.-
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

MB = Just multiboxing
    MBB = Multiboxing + Keyboard Broadcast
    MBA = Multiboxing automated bot
    When people on this forum say "multiboxing" they usually mean several accounts controlled with a keystroke broadcast program e.g. HotKeyNet.

People have been manually dual and triple logging ever since I started playing in 2004 and multiboxing as a term on these forums wasn't really used until keystroke broadcasting became a thing.

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    When people on this forum say "multiboxing" they usually mean several accounts controlled with a keystroke broadcast program e.g. HotKeyNet.

People have been manually dual and triple logging ever since I started playing in 2004 and multiboxing as a term on these forums wasn't really used until keystroke broadcasting became a thing.
    And it's that keystroke or broadcasting that is not actively playing the other characters. They are using a program aka, bot to distribute commands to those other characters.

That is not right - Zenimax with Elder Scrolls Online ban Multiboxer... Multiboxing is not allowed in these Game. And Elder Scrolls Online is not a small MMO with their 4 Million Players...
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Alves View Post
    That is not right - Zenimax with Elder Scrolls Online ban Multiboxer... Multiboxing is not allowed in these Game. And Elder Scrolls Online is not a small MMO with their 4 Million Players...
    If they ban for multiboxing (multi account logged in) that is pretty stupid. They could by mistake ban a brother and sister playing to getter without knowing. I am pretty sure they rather ban because of bot funconality and not because of multiboxing (read the link about correct term on multiboxing). Multiboxing is not a term set by this community, its just a misunderstood terminology.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Sep 17th, 2016 at 14:00:25.

If they ban for multiboxing (multi account logged in) ...
    I'm sorry, but if you want to discuss this in any meaningful way on AO forum you can't re-define the nomenclature no matter what the rest of the internet says about it and what you personally think is the correct definition.

On this forum, logging multiple accounts and controlling them manually by alt-tab'ing is not defined as "multiboxing" by the general populace. I've only ever seen you and one other person trying to use the definition you are pushing. You might be correct in the grand scheme of things, but that doesn't really matter if 95% of everyone else here don't agree. Welcome to the backside of democracy: Re-defining words by majority oppinion

Yeah i understand this forum is "special vs the rest of the world. But don't worry i am not going to steal the illusion from you.. But if you want bot programs to be removed, you have to speak correctly when petition else the gm wont understand what the heck your talking about, or want this issue fixed, because the dev team will never removed multiboxing at its right term..

Heres my petition after beeing butthurt by first Tower MB'er, then 5 rounds in BS with a MB'er.
    Byebye AO, hope we'll meet again one day.

[Spynosaur (GM)]: Greetings Aemephys! This is GM Spynosaur. Do you have a moment to speak about your petition? You may reply by either using Shift+R or /tell Spynosaur . Remember, Funcom Representatives will NEVER ask you for your password. [Spynosaur (GM)]: Okay great! So I see you were reporting multiboxers in the battlestations. Multiboxing is allowed in the game, even in Battlestations. However, unattended gameplay/botting is still illegal. So if they are not in control of their characters, then this is not allowed. I'll be happy to investigate though just to be sure. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!
    To [Spynosaur]: Haha, that is retarded - multiboxing in BS is allowed?
    To [Spynosaur]: If thats true, my 4 accounts disappear today
    [Spynosaur (GM)]: Yup! You can read more here if you'd like:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...69#post6147769
    To [Spynosaur]: lol, no wonder this game is dying then
    To [Spynosaur]: Aight, cancelling my subs after this city raid then Gl!
    [Spynosaur (GM)]: Alrighty have a good one!

EDIT: I didnt finish the cityraid. /ragequit
    No wonder its not fixed if people report for multiboxing and not bot/cheating

Let me make this clear. A program that controls a account unintended is a bot. Even if
    its just sending key commands to the client. Multiboxing or just boxing is not the same as boting.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Sep 18th, 2016 at 11:45:16.

The problem is not multiboxing!

The problem is the program allowing eny user that logs on that mb can use assist.

Wile i have sugested a several times to get assist back in pvp for every one. Atleast that would even out the bad odds we have against a 19 pepp MB that can splat eny party.

But in all honesty. Omni is not rdy. I see to meny run of and try be a "wOOf i killed a Clan" in raid. Iven tho the order was stay grouped. The lack of diciplin and ignorence is total. And in frustration we blame what we can blame on.

Shape up / Listen / Get a clue /

And hopfully we get assist for every one -
    -*Sobril*- DoC Almost done
    -*Hotshoot*- Engi Gif Acdc plox
    -*Hootzi*- Soldja pure dd project
    -*Cipramil*- Agent 190 dunno Project

Horny Swede

Ring Of Destruction

If you can't with 100% certainty (not likely to happen as the game works atm) say that you have a way of disabling assist in PVP it's a alot better to put it back in-game, at least that way we can have some sort of control in killing those PVP mb's that cheat and use whatever sort of cheating program to assist.

EDIT: I just read what i wrote, if assist is put back in-game for pvp there would be no need to kill cheating mb's since they would not need to cheat with external programs to assist in pvp, funny how that works out
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Sep 27th, 2016 at 18:02:01.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast