Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Multiboxing / PVP

Multiboxing / PVP

First off, I'd like to thank FunCom for their efforts in getting rid of multibox in PVP, unfortinately. This has failed.
    Now, because of assist removal, you have left the non MBers in a huge disadvantage, because let's face it.
    Most MBers use MBhelper to get assist through either way.

Which funny enough, when reported with proof by an Omni, they don't do anything about it, but when a Clan reports saying he suspects an Omni player using it, right away this player Omni player recieved a ban, which ofcourse got revoked in the end, due to no proof.

I'm suggesting FunCom does something about the Multibox now once and for all. MB in pvp bannable, as it should be, and if that's not possible, then put /assist back so the non MBers atleast have a chance to win.

I'd like to see other people's opinion aswell. Please keep it nice.
    Last edited by Olindria; Sep 11th, 2016 at 12:21:15.

When you say pvp, i guess you mean Towers. MB in BS is pretty much not a thing. The only solution to remove MB at towers is to redo how Notum towers work. They can never really detect a MB because its automate keyboard hook, (the same code ouput that comes from your keyboard to the game).

We all know that most of the AO team are clanners . Just look at the professionals they are all clanners..
    Last edited by ByLogic; Sep 11th, 2016 at 16:08:16.

Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    When you say pvp, i guess you mean Towers. MB in BS is pretty much not a thing. The only solution to remove MB at towers is to redo how Notum towers work. They can never really detect a MB because its automate keyboard hook, (the same code ouput that comes from your keyboard to the game).

We all know that most of the AO team are clanners . Just look at the professionals they are all clanners..
    Yep, I agree.. Unfortinately

Prepare for some trolling storm soon. But don't worry i be with you here, and i dealt with this forum for over 10 years, just sty constructive. Remember Omni-Tek is your friend.. Good thread.

So today we have zero boxer on the Omni side, and a full raid with clan boxer. Nice..

Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    So today we have zero boxer on the Omni side, and a full raid with clan boxer. Nice..
    Yep. And did you notice how we constantly beat them until they actually brought the MBer?

Yes, and this guy named Multibox. Petiton sendt. no action taken (clan). I don't think i would ever get that paranoid to pay for that many accounts just to MB like that.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Sep 11th, 2016 at 19:57:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Olindria View Post
    First off, I'd like to thank FunCom for their efforts in getting rid of multibox in PVP, unfortinately. This has failed.
    Now, because of assist removal, you have left the non MBers in a huge disadvantage, because let's face it.
    Most MBers use MBhelper to get assist through either way.

Which funny enough, when reported with proof by an Omni, they don't do anything about it, but when a Clan reports saying he suspects an Omni player using it, right away this player Omni player recieved a ban, which ofcourse got revoked in the end, due to no proof.

I'm suggesting FunCom does something about the Multibox now once and for all. MB in pvp bannable, as it should be, and if that's not possible, then put /assist back so the non MBers atleast have a chance to win.

I'd like to see other people's opinion aswell. Please keep it nice.
    Ok - lets go at it like this. Many people on these forums bitched and complained to have assist removed - as it was "destroying pvp" - and Michi complied. People complained about fixer meeps - as it was "destroying pvp", and Michi complied. Oddly, many of us complained about tower syncing - so Michi made it worse (because anyone not in the Euro evening hours is apparently an "Oceanic" player). I am sure there have been some other changes, at the moment they escape me (as these three were enough for me to see the direction the GD is/was taking this game). And, please, don't assume everyone who can/does MB uses MBHelper (as it is obviously over the line). But, I agree with your request - put assist back for the players in open PVP. If you want to keep assist out of BS, then code BS differently.

But we all know FC is not able to remove the creative applications, like AOMH, MBHelper and the rest. Maybe they should hire better programmers or more staff to monitor and do what the game rules indicate (i.e. bans). MB has been around since I started in 2008, it just didn't have the same impact it does today with the low population.

So - the only way this game survives for PVP is for the player base to stop using them (and I know that will never happen, but we can dream). When I started this game years ago, everyone talked about how more mature the players were over WoW. Does anyone think that now?
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

blah blah blah
    Last year all the boxers where omni, this year they're suddenly all clan, you know it's the same guys who get bored and switched sides AGAIN to change it up a little right ?

Even I've given up hope of boxing ever being fixed, and at the very least I got two dev's to reply to my thread rather than start a flame war.
    Last edited by Caloss2; Sep 12th, 2016 at 01:49:41.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    blah blah blah
    Last year all the boxers where omni, this year they're suddenly all clan, you know it's the same guys who get bored and switched sides AGAIN to change it up a little right ?

Even I've given up hope of boxing ever being fixed, and at the very least I got two dev's to reply to my thread rather than start a flame war.
    so typical of your posts. Where is the flame war? the OP asked a question and a solution - I agreed with at least putting assist back.

I never mentioned sides - not once. And my pointing out the folks wanting changes (that wouldn't fix the intended issue, which was explained to the GD prior to the changes) were on both sides. Anyone reading the threads knew it - as it was that obvious to anyone paying attention. And stop with the "its all the same folks" crap, that's just a feeble attempt to point fingers. What this shows - that the side with the upper hand with tower sites just says the other side is whining. Many have reported to GMs as well...and lets just say in my experience it has been a waste of time.

It is/was few players on each side with the MBs, however using AOMH and MBHelper were not common and those are the two "creative applications" that have completely destroyed open-world PVP because many people will not resort to cheating to win a game. Seriously, its a game. Meeping, griefing, syncing were done by both sides using the SAME rules (or lack of) so at least it was balanced. As long as there are people who will cheat the game code to win, it will never be balanced as there are too many gamers who will never resort to that type of gameplay - they will just walk away.

I will ask you the same question I ask of everyone in these situations - do you report your own side for using these tools? Have you ever reported a team mate, org mate, side mate - or - only those that you don't benefit from their activity?

and to be clear - the point in my response to the OP - its UP TO THE PLAYERS to STOP - because we all know that FC never will.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

removing assist /follow is not going to fix it. Why do i know this? Because i know a thing or to about programming. Target can be memory red, and then /attack target %t . Like i said. MB is not a issue in BS because of the nature of BS. They could do the same with towers. make them more "instance" based.
    Teleportation is a bad thing for MB, just a hint for the developers. Example, random rally point for every one.

Looks like we all agree on removing cheating at least, because tower is pretty much pvp fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    so typical of your posts. Where is the flame war? the OP asked a question and a solution - I agreed with at least putting assist back.
    Really you've read all of them ?, I seriously doubt it.

And replacing ./assist Still won't remove boxing. Day One there were several threads asking for it to be replaced, then mitchi replying he didn't realise it had made things worse, but that was months ago, no word since then.

Flame war will ensue, or you find me a thread on boxing that didn't end that way.

I never mentioned sides - not once.
    No Bylogic did, but has since edited his post.

I will ask you the same question I ask of everyone in these situations - do you report your own side for using these tools? Have you ever reported a team mate, org mate, side mate - or - only those that you don't benefit from their activity?

and to be clear - the point in my response to the OP - its UP TO THE PLAYERS to STOP - because we all know that FC never will.
    Nobody does, is your quick answer and this includes you; but here's 10 internet points for the attempt at taking the higher moral ground while having nothing whatsoever backing it up lol.

Another joker for the ignore pile.

see-ya.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    blah blah blah

Its not every day i say this, but i have to agree with you. When it comes to towers. MB is destrorying pvp and it dosen't matter
    witch side is doing it. And it is true that Omni where MB (due to getting out numbered) a while back, now things are different, its a little bit
    cute if you think of it.

So - the only way this game survives for PVP is for the player base to stop using them (and I know that will never happen, but we can dream). When I started this game years ago, everyone talked about how more mature the players were over WoW. Does anyone think that now?
    Not just that, I used to play WOW and they have programs in the game that detects multiboxing.. I guess FC has alot to learn..

Not just that, I used to play WOW and they have programs in the game that detects multiboxing.. I guess FC has alot to learn..
    Thought it would be great if they could detect them. I want the MB gone just as much as every one else, i also know the reality of this issue. Wow have a system call Warden, and a key injection protection system. Each skill trigger has a server signature check. Warden checks for rootkits and well known app names. The thing is, there are still many bots working today without detection. The problem is, you computers memory is yours, and you can do what ever you like to it. Any program that runs has to be in memory heap and stack. Warden can't tell difference if your running a logitech keyboard or a Microsoft one, they both send the same input signals, so does the bot..

In AO, you don't really need to read the memory for the bot to work, its like having multiply keyboards all synced by logical core.

They can counter this by:

1. Scan for repeated time synced skill triggers = return red flagg
    2. Look for any rootkit program, and flagg programs with common names. (memory signature)
    3. Scan for target trigging at the same time even.
    4. Add "report bot" button online..
    5. Have GMs on petition system.

Now the problem is the blob db stream that AO runs on, its not precise, its big buggy and has limits..

Would perhaps be beneficial if you had the facts straight?, only game worth mentioning that has banned input-multiplexing is EVE Online.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Would perhaps be beneficial if you had the facts straight?, only game worth mentioning that has banned input-multiplexing is EVE Online.
    Not entirely true. MB by definition that it uses 2 accounts at the same is not the same at MB in AO with tools that work as "bots". Many bots have been banned in Wow, also does that use it for MB. Using multi accounts is not ban reason by Blizzard.

I think petition and visual GM spot on ban, can be a good solution in AO.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Sep 12th, 2016 at 16:39:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    I said it detects. Which is true, I never said they banned the MBing.. I said they detect it.. Perhaps you need to get your facts straight and read.

Either make it bannable or introduce other updates to make it useless.... It should be a disadvantage to operate a bunch of characters in PvP rather than an advantage.

Plenty of ways to make it unuseable. Funcom just needs to think about what they are automating and create tools that hurt doing it in PvP as suggested above.

FC does not care !!!
    They are unable to do anything about it because:
    1. There are 2-3 ppl working on AO
    2. The "core" of AO was coded 15 yearsago and nobody (at that time) predicted anything like multiboxing....
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast