Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Multiboxing / PVP

Im curious if people understand the difference between using a bot for MB and using key broadcasting? Key broadcasting is not really something can be policed or detected btw. So all the QQ about key broadcasting in MB is really wasted time.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    I've tried in the past, and it went nowhere. My conclusion was, most people just want something to complain about, but don't want a solution to the actual problem. The problem, again, being discussion on how MBHelper works is likely violating forum rules on multiple levels.

I don't feel it's worth my time to either be scrutinized for providing information by the mods, or the very people I'm trying to help in the first place.
    "moved to right thread"

We are not discussing MBHelper, you where the person bringing that up. I have posted many solution to the problem, we just talking general about the pvp issue that is clearly there. It is just not that simple as you think. I recommend to read the posts that have been made here.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Sep 13th, 2016 at 12:35:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    You do realize key broadcasting is not something that can be detected with any type of accuracy right?
    "moved to right thread"

key broadcasting that is also one way to call it. But its the same thing bot useses. It comes from the windows API user32.dll. So you need a program for this. Its a object that allocates on the heap in memory doing input commands by array.

Let me clarify what Psikie is saying (which is not wrong btw) + like what i said in other posts, it can not be detected.
    But funcom can see what accounts are online at the same time from the same IP (unless under proxy/ hidden IP)

There are 3 ways of doing multiboxing

1. Having multiple accounts logged on, and on same screen and command them manually.
    2. Having multiple accounts logged on, and command them by a program (key broadcast (sync) if you want to call it)
    3. Have a automated system that controls multiple accounts, having 1 master account that controls the others, this can be done even over
    the internet and by different computers. This is what we call a bot.

Removing /assist /follow etc. will only alter issue nr.2. Not 1 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    We are not discussing MBHelper
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Olindria View Post
    Most MBers use MBhelper to get assist through either way.
    That's from the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    It is/was few players on each side with the MBs, however using AOMH and MBHelper were not common and those are the two "creative applications" that have completely destroyed open-world PVP because many people will not resort to cheating to win a game.
    Here's another.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    And replacing ./assist Still won't remove boxing.
    Cal is not specific, but correct.

The short of it, MBHelper is the single biggest problem facing the whole PVP multiboxing issue. Its capabilities make Hotkey Net look stone-aged by comparison.

A calling for bans on it shouldn't be too hard to bring into reality, since it violates the EULA on multiple levels, and for those who truly want to do something about PVP multiboxing... That's what you should be aiming for.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Really?
    Yes we are not talking about any specific program, he just used it as an example.

The short of it, MBHelper is the single biggest problem facing the whole PVP multiboxing issue. Its capabilities make Hotkey Net look stone-aged by comparison.
    Its not, i can make a keyboard hook in 10 min and spoof the game memory of strings i need / make static pointers. No biggy..

A calling for bans on it shouldn't be too hard to bring into reality, since it violates the EULA on multiple levels, and for those who truly want to do something about PVP multiboxing... That's what you should be aiming for.
    I am pretty sure we all agree on this.. its important to fix this so pvp can get its glance back..

Welcome to the thread
    Last edited by ByLogic; Sep 13th, 2016 at 16:23:33.

...for those who truly want to do something about PVP multiboxing... That's what you should be aiming for.
    MBhelper is just the tip of the iceberg, and it won't serve as a distraction from you and others who utilise HotKeyNet to also exploit the game.

One might be more critical than the other, but it does not mean that both can't be discussed as severe problems.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    MBhelper is just the tip of the iceberg, and it won't serve as a distraction from you and others who utilise HotKeyNet to also exploit the game.

One might be more critical than the other, but it does not mean that both can't be discussed as severe problems.
    You're just looking for forum PVP, and don't actually want change... Am I right? That's all you ever contribute to anti-pvp multiboxing threads.

Make it personal... Never anything constructive...
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

I thought forum pvp was for professionals only ^^ . Avari is right and have a valid point. Its just a tip of the iceberg, hence why we discuss the subject here. You can call the program what ever you like, Ibot, IOneWinButton, MBhelper , IMBDMedics etc. They all retrieve from the same code schema.

To solve a problem, they best way is to find the source of the problem, not chopping branches like a monkey.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Sep 13th, 2016 at 18:12:34.

But funcom can see what accounts are online at the same time from the same IP (unless under proxy/ hidden IP)
    Which might not do any good versus WIFI. Example using starbucks, or public school WIFI, or even a home network could ALL have the same IP (the router). Unless you want to try and detect the MAC from individual NIC cards. I know my home network all 3 pc's broadcast the same router IP to my modem.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I thought forum pvp was for professionals only ^^ . Avari is right and have a valid point. Its just a tip of the iceberg, hence why we discuss the subject here. You can call the program what ever you like, Ibot, IOneWinButton, MBhelper , IMBDMedics etc. They all retrieve from the same code schema.

To solve a problem, they best way is to find the source of the problem, not chopping branches like a monkey.
    Personal attack, nothing constructive.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Personal attack, nothing constructive.
    No you : )

You're just looking for forum PVP, and don't actually want change... Am I right? That's all you ever contribute to anti-pvp multiboxing threads.

Make it personal... Never anything constructive...
    You're trying to deflect attention from multiplexing by saying there's a larger problem from MBhelper and I simply pointed out that both are problems and that you are a part of the problem. In the quote above there is nothing to refute that, there's only another personal attack.

I contribute to the multiplexing problem by not doing it and reporting people I observe using exploits like MBhelper. By your own words, you don't.

I've said in other threads what needs to be done about multiplexing from FCs side, but I'm not gonna copy paste that to every thread I see.

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

I am afraid FC will not do anything to stop multiboxing for several reasons:
    They get revenue from multiboxers (and pretend not to see that they lose revenue because some ppl quit because of multiboxers)
    They have not enough employees to do anything that would really solve that problem.
    They do not have a clue how to fix it (and they don't want to fix it in a first place.

The only solution that could work would be for AO comunity to ignore all multiboxers in a following few steps:
    Do not ever team a multiboxer, do not ever buy anything from multiboxer, do not fight multiboxer let him win without a fight, kick multiboxers from your org or leave any org that allows multiboxers as members, etc...

I know that it will probably not happen because AO comunity is not as mature and organised to do it but I believe that trying this solution has a better chance of sucsess than hoping that FC will solve it !
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I am afraid FC will not do anything to stop multiboxing for several reasons:
    They get revenue from multiboxers (and pretend not to see that they lose revenue because some ppl quit because of multiboxers)
    They have not enough employees to do anything that would really solve that problem.
    They do not have a clue how to fix it (and they don't want to fix it in a first place.
    I disagree with your conclusion... they plan to launch on steam and plan to balance professions... Seems to clearly point toward some interest in a balanced game that's continued into the future. If it launches on steam in current state, then the steam efforts may have been all for not.

Heres my petition after beeing butthurt by first Tower MB'er, then 5 rounds in BS with a MB'er.
    Byebye AO, hope we'll meet again one day.

[Spynosaur (GM)]: Greetings Aemephys! This is GM Spynosaur. Do you have a moment to speak about your petition? You may reply by either using Shift+R or /tell Spynosaur . Remember, Funcom Representatives will NEVER ask you for your password. [Spynosaur (GM)]: Okay great! So I see you were reporting multiboxers in the battlestations. Multiboxing is allowed in the game, even in Battlestations. However, unattended gameplay/botting is still illegal. So if they are not in control of their characters, then this is not allowed. I'll be happy to investigate though just to be sure. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!
    To [Spynosaur]: Haha, that is retarded - multiboxing in BS is allowed?
    To [Spynosaur]: If thats true, my 4 accounts disappear today
    [Spynosaur (GM)]: Yup! You can read more here if you'd like:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...69#post6147769
    To [Spynosaur]: lol, no wonder this game is dying then
    To [Spynosaur]: Aight, cancelling my subs after this city raid then Gl!
    [Spynosaur (GM)]: Alrighty have a good one!

EDIT: I didnt finish the cityraid. /ragequit
    Last edited by atlehagen; Sep 15th, 2016 at 08:59:54.

Yeah playing on 2 accounts is not illegal, why should it? The GM is right..Just kill the char his not playing on. Free kill.

Yeah playing on 2 accounts is not illegal, why should it? The GM is right..Just kill the char his not playing on. Free kill.

6 vs. 1 - how am I supposed to get the time to kill anything before hugging reclaim?

Quote Originally Posted by atlehagen View Post
    6 vs. 1 - how am I supposed to get the time to kill anything before hugging reclaim?
    To be honest battlestation is one of the places, where it should be possible to formulate a counter to a multiboxer.

If you are there to win VPs then just spread out. Multiboxer can only be in one place at any one time.

Team up and get just one of his characters, so that you force the MBer to reset the setup. If you manage to get 2-3 characters down you can start spawn camping.

Quote Originally Posted by atlehagen View Post
    If they are not boting, you are infact just playing against 1 player, its just that they have another around basically brain dead/afk. If they are MB boting
    then they are cheating and that is illegal. I rather want to face 6 afk mb than 6 active ones.. Get it?

Now MB in bs is pretty rare tough and not a issue at all. Maybe on day time when there is nobody doing bs some one mb
    to get it running. Your chance of winnings is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    To be honest battlestation is one of the places, where it should be possible to formulate a counter to a multiboxer.

If you are there to win VPs then just spread out. Multiboxer can only be in one place at any one time.

Team up and get just one of his characters, so that you force the MBer to reset the setup. If you manage to get 2-3 characters down you can start spawn camping.
    I Agree with everything you say more or less. But still, it doesnt feel right to me. Why should I who enjoy to play 1 character and play as the game was inteded to be played, change my behaviour and tactic to accomodate those who (in my opinion) cheat?
    I wish to PvP in battlestation to have fun and pvp with others.

BS needs a mechanic to ensure that all chars are actively played. Lets say that all characters every XX min/sec get a countdown to go to a random location ( a b c or core?) to get a buff, or get booted from BS.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast