Thread: CDR level lock removal

CDR level lock removal

I have been on a long break from AO and just gotten back last week. Lots of new content and QOL changes have been added. I applaud for all the hard work that has been done!

The first thing I noticed was the new Zone "The Reck". It drops an amazingly good pistol : https://aoitems.com/item/303060/the-dog-of-war/
    With the stats on this weapon, it can be equipped at level 50-60 ish allready.

Now if we compare the stats:

The Dog of War:
    Fling Shot: 450
    Burst: 450
    Pistol: 750
    Multi Ranged: 600

Min/max dmg: 125(475) - 320(670)(Projectile AC)
    att/rec time: 1.30 - 1.30

Customized Imi Desert Reet 1000 :
    Level: 41
    Fling Shot: 181
    Burst: 269
    Pistol: 357
    Multi Ranged: 296

Min/max dmg: 65(227) - 143(305)(Fire AC)
    att/rec time: 1.29 - 1.30
    5% proc change: Flashpoint Burn 146-334 (Fire AC)

If we half all the stats of The Dog of War it looks like a near identical clone of the CDR's damage template excluding the fire damage proc on it.
    So if a weapon double as powerfull as a CDR can be equipped without a level lock at lvl 50-60 ish. Why does the CDR still have a level 41 lock on it? Wouldnt it make more sense to lower this level lock to 25+ or to remove it all together. Cause lets be honest. Damage wise there are alot of alternatives at low levels (Upgraded Neleb Rod, Frost Scythe, Pump Master, Peren Sniper etc). All these alternatives can relatively easily be twinked on. Some even at level 1 (Pump master and peren sniper). Also at level 41, the sheer amount of weapons that outdamage the CDR's is quite a big list nowadays.

With all the rebalancing and fixing of items ingame. It seems like the right moment to have a change like this initiated aswell. Maybe the same for other level locked items that have been ingame for years and dont get used anymore by anyone because they are just not viable anymore at the level range nowadays.

Completely agree. No longer makes sense to have it locked.