Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we have some official answers from FC ???

Can we have some official answers from FC ???

Last few days brought us some interesting changes to Life on Rubi-Ka

I would be very happy (and probably other players) if anybody from FC could answer the following questions:

1. Why Halloween started so early this year without any information on forums ?
    2. Why it started without patching new instance which was announced to be included this year?
    3. Is "minor problem with GMI and mail system" already solved and what steps were taken or are planned?
    4. Is Michi still working for FC, or was he fired and caused those minor problems as we have not seen any info from him?
    5. Was this early Halloween planned or is it some kind of another problem caused by some fired FC GM (or maybe Michi)???
    6. How many infraction point will I get for asking those questions, or should I expect a ban from forums?

I would be happy to see some answers rather than deleting this thread and banning my account...
    Thank you for your attention.
    Last edited by Awikun; Oct 11th, 2016 at 07:58:45.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Bump
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

Harsh.
    I'm no FC but can answer a few questions for ya:
    The "standard" halloween content incl. UPHs, decorations etc is an embedded content of the server/client. They just flip a switch in the server and poof, halloween content is live. FC confirmed this in a post a few years back. The old content that is, I'd expect a patch as soon as the instance is ready to go. I'm guessing the instance might be coming a little late, that's why they decided to release the old content early

I wouldn't be too harsh on FC on the "minor problem". It takes massive man-hours to backtrack the "problems" and I am not even sure they can manage it with the amount of people they have due to the complexity. Imagine how many times those "problems" have been traded second-hand just within the first few hours.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by aramsunat View Post
    Harsh.
    I'm no FC but can answer a few questions for ya:
    The "standard" halloween content incl. UPHs, decorations etc is an embedded content of the server/client. They just flip a switch in the server and poof, halloween content is live. FC confirmed this in a post a few years back. The old content that is, I'd expect a patch as soon as the instance is ready to go. I'm guessing the instance might be coming a little late, that's why they decided to release the old content early

I wouldn't be too harsh on FC on the "minor problem". It takes massive man-hours to backtrack the "problems" and I am not even sure they can manage it with the amount of people they have due to the complexity. Imagine how many times those "problems" have been traded second-hand just within the first few hours.
    Exactly, not to mention that there are probably some FC employees in the Durham, NC area (last I heard this is where the AO team was?) which were affected by Hurricane Matthew (many people in the Raleigh area are still without power today). Give them a break.

An official statement now would be timely, if not least because people will start inventing their own reasons for the silence/lack of actual response.

I heard a great one this morning, and it'll pick up momentum if FC remains silent.

Tin-foil hat recommended btw.

"FC flooded the GMI with cheap supple bots etc, because they want to rationalize the game economy for the steam release this year" "you know make it easier for newer players to get to endgame gear" "That's why they haven't rolled the server back, it was an inside job"

I'm not joking, this could be harmful for AO if it isn't nipped in the bud.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Only official response I've seen besides GM answers to petitions:

https://snag.gy/MQGRDb.jpg

NB. This is a screenshot of a twitter post.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

they delete the rest of the ai bots and the topic is done... they don't do other things...

and its not new that people duplicate ai bots... they did it in the last weeks but not with these number of bots...

I'm disappointed from funcom - Anarchy Online only consist of cheaters, bugusers, exploiters and a hateful community... And now we know that funcom dont do anything for us... and michi is still working von conan exiles...
    Last edited by killu; Oct 11th, 2016 at 17:27:16.
    :::::: Canceled all Accounts - make no sense to play these game ::::::

Quote Originally Posted by killu View Post
    they delete the rest of the ai bots and the topic is done... they don't do other things...

and its not new that people duplicate ai bots... they did it in the last weeks but not with these number of bots...

I'm disappointed from funcom - Anarchy Online only consist of cheaters, bugusers, exploiters and a hateful community... And now we know that funcom dont do anything for us... and michi is still working von conan exiles...

Yeah the cheating multiboxers i can handle, but accepting the exploiting just did it for me. Unless they dont create a good solution for this i think im not going to subscribe anymore. Sad thing really since i have been playing this game nonstop for 10 years.

A rollback would hurt :S
    What about tracking back all the items duplicated with gmi, and simply delete em all.
    It will hurt those who bought em, but uno incautious purchases does it!

*Hugs*

I doubt that anything will happen actually.
    It's too late for rollback.
    It's too complicated/resource demanding to follow up.

Just don't get too upset. One way or another there were always some cheaters in this game. Any oldies remember Shimka? Or the city shop sploit? Or the mech tradeskill sploit? Or the MP debuff one? People were understandably upset, but the game was not any less fun for those who played straight.
    FC obviously does not condone cheating, neither do I, but it has always been part of online gaming, from counterstrike to WoW to whatever current day **** FPS you can think of. Cheaters get the blunt end of the banhammer, the hole is plugged and that's pretty much the game company can do be it FC or Blizzard.

Devil Inside

It's sad when the overriding take home from all of this is: "cheaters do prosper".

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Just because they aren't saying anything publicly doesn't mean they aren't doing anything. When something like this happens they are going to need time to investigate the following things:
    1) How it happened
    2) Who did it
    3) How can they prevent it from happening again

Despite what you might think, none of these tasks are "easy".

They could have shut the GMI down - completely - when there were still close to 5K of each bot in the GMI. It would have been a pain for everyone, but at least they could have addressed the issue before it got to the point where 5K of each were introduced into the game.

And based on the failures already with the GMI since live, I don't really have any faith they will correct the holes in the code. In fact, based on recent game changes, I imagine FC will introduce this as some sort of enhancement for a future patch.

So, any bets on what is next?
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

funcom acted slowly and without great communication to fix this problem, but I ask - is it really a drastic problem? Combined armor stats still max out at +30/15. Nobody who already had multiple sets of AI armor is really affected unless you find more value in market price than simply having your character equipped. AI expansion been out since what, 2006? 2007? So now there is an excess of cheap lead bots on the server.. good I say.. let all players have realistic access to AI armor. If QL 300 combined never goes above 200m again I would be pleased.

There's no use hoarding creds/items in this game. It's so far past it's prime. Let all players who continue to support AO play on even footing. I have several sets of combined that have lost maximum cred value but now I can also equip new alts with AI armor for way cheaper than I was at any point in the last 10 years. All players benefit equally from the price of lead bots going down. If you think your pixels aren't worth enough fake money then you missing the point of playing a video game in the first place.

go easy on FC. AO team is understaffed.. we know this. Not one person is negatively impacted by this, unless your insecurities won't allow you to be happy when someone else can afford the same shiny toys you have already.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    funcom acted slowly and without great communication to fix this problem, but I ask - is it really a drastic problem? Combined armor stats still max out at +30/15. Nobody who already had multiple sets of AI armor is really affected unless you find more value in market price than simply having your character equipped. AI expansion been out since what, 2006? 2007? So now there is an excess of cheap lead bots on the server.. good I say.. let all players have realistic access to AI armor. If QL 300 combined never goes above 200m again I would be pleased.

There's no use hoarding creds/items in this game. It's so far past it's prime. Let all players who continue to support AO play on even footing. I have several sets of combined that have lost maximum cred value but now I can also equip new alts with AI armor for way cheaper than I was at any point in the last 10 years. All players benefit equally from the price of lead bots going down. If you think your pixels aren't worth enough fake money then you missing the point of playing a video game in the first place.

go easy on FC. AO team is understaffed.. we know this. Not one person is negatively impacted by this, unless your insecurities won't allow you to be happy when someone else can afford the same shiny toys you have already.
    Well said, Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by marinegent View Post
    funcom acted slowly and without great communication to fix this problem, but i ask - is it really a drastic problem? Combined armor stats still max out at +30/15. Nobody who already had multiple sets of ai armor is really affected unless you find more value in market price than simply having your character equipped. Ai expansion been out since what, 2006? 2007? So now there is an excess of cheap lead bots on the server.. Good i say.. Let all players have realistic access to ai armor. If ql 300 combined never goes above 200m again i would be pleased.

There's no use hoarding creds/items in this game. It's so far past it's prime. Let all players who continue to support ao play on even footing. I have several sets of combined that have lost maximum cred value but now i can also equip new alts with ai armor for way cheaper than i was at any point in the last 10 years. All players benefit equally from the price of lead bots going down. If you think your pixels aren't worth enough fake money then you missing the point of playing a video game in the first place.

Go easy on fc. Ao team is understaffed.. We know this. Not one person is negatively impacted by this, unless your insecurities won't allow you to be happy when someone else can afford the same shiny toys you have already.
    qft!

Devil Inside

I spent many hours farming for my bots and creds to afford some of these armours. I am fine if The market decreases by itself, but because of some douchebag exploiter? Hell nah.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Sell orders of 5k of each viralbot on GMI is like (excuse me for comparision) a huge pile of **** hitting the fan!

When **** hits the fan then:
    You do not investigate if its horse****, bull**** or human****,
    You do not investigate how the speed rotation of fan affects the walls around and spectators,
    You do not investigate the chemical components of ****,

What you do is :
    You switch off the fan ASAP,
    You take out spectators and do not allow new ones,
    You close the door, say you are sorry for inconvinience and you clear all **** behind closed door!
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Sell orders of 5k of each viralbot on GMI is like (excuse me for comparision) a huge pile of **** hitting the fan!

When **** hits the fan then:
    You do not investigate if its horse****, bull**** or human****,
    You do not investigate how the speed rotation of fan affects the walls around and spectators,
    You do not investigate the chemical components of ****,

What you do is :
    You switch off the fan ASAP,
    You take out spectators and do not allow new ones,
    You close the door, say you are sorry for inconvinience and you clear all **** behind closed door!
    Pretty well said

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    I spent many hours farming for my bots and creds to afford some of these armours. I am fine if The market decreases by itself, but because of some douchebag exploiter? Hell nah.
    Let's be honest here. In Anarchy the achievement from leveling, twinking,obtaining expensive armors and nondrops is the entire game! When you undermine people's achievements, especially when it happens rapidly through methods we are not allowed to discuss, people become upset. It's not a matter of "more for everyone" like if someone found a way to copy and download bacon.
    Salomar [220/30]
    Rainbowz [200/23]
    Twopairs [150/20]
    SPARTA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast