Thread: Halloween Missions Michi mentioned & patched to test live a few days ago .........

Halloween Missions Michi mentioned & patched to test live a few days ago .........

Hi,

I see Draculeet and Frankenleet are in Newland City today.

However, they do not have the new missions that Michi mentioned in his August monthly update and patched to test-live last week.

When can we expect the new missions to be patched in?

How long can we expect Halloween activities to run?

Thanks,

Emma

Server update today to officially start Halloween with the new instance

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...7&goto=newpost

Just saw the notice. NEAT!

I just noticed patch also ...

However, the shades agro smaller toons ... how do smaller toons get there? ie smaller than 100+

Emma

Is there a reason that these new Halloween missions do not give xp? I would do many more if they had chance of xp.

Or, can not be reached by small toons even though they scale down to as low as a level 6 toon? Or, lower?

An exit at the end is great though ...

Emma

First of all, these missions are great!

I can one-shot the mobs on a level 5 and plow through them fast!
    The Miy's and Lya's drops are nice within certain level ranges to farm with.

Then comes the caveat's...
    Those Failed Creations are B****ES. 2 of them in the same room killed engi pets in less than 10 seconds. Their nukes go through reflects and happen 2 at a time (each hit 5% hp aka 10% each time) per mob every 1-2 seconds. They also AoE, so you get hit as well.
    The lockout timer isn't enough for the instance to respawn either.
    ... I completed the mission on an alt, ran back to Old Athens and logged out at the leets. 20 minutes later, I logged him back in and grabbed a new mission then ran off to Uturn forest once again! I zone into the instance to find it is completely EMPTY. I run from start to finish and find 0 mobs in the place, so of course I petition it.

I had this lovely conversation with the GM:
    [GM]: Greetings!
    [me]: Hello
    [GM]: Hi, the instance has a slow reset timer. You just need to leave wait about 20-30 minutes then try again.
    [me]: But I have the mission on me and waited the time from the previous mission
    [GM]: Yeah, but the instance needs time to reset.
    [me]: So you're saying that the 20 minute lockout isn't enough for it to reset?
    [GM]: Yes
    [me]: Then why didn't they make the lockout the same amount of time as the reset...
    [GM]: I don't know. I didn't make it. But it take 15-20 minutes for the instance to reset after you leave the instance. So you need to exit and wait.
    This leads me to believe that the devs put a random timer on it between 20 mintues and an hour for resetting the instance.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

The trick is to keep moving around... and they are no match...
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Calming the Failed Creations also works fine (for classes with that toolset).
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendaar View Post
    Calming the Failed Creations also works fine (for classes with that toolset).
    Calming them is not really a good Option since they drop Pistols & Pollows more often than the Pumpkinhead-Endboss.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

The Failed Creations put out a giant fire patch on the floor directly in front of them. Easy for a player to avoid, (kite a little, move diagonally to it) but not so much for our very dumb pets sadly. I wasn't paying attention and one of those fire patches ate my mechdog the first time I went in the mission...

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Is there a reason that these new Halloween missions do not give xp? I would do many more if they had chance of xp.

Or, can not be reached by small toons even though they scale down to as low as a level 6 toon? Or, lower?

An exit at the end is great though ...

Emma
    If you fly in high enough you can walk on the foilage all the way to the entrance, and when you're done you can exit to the Canyon to the South.
    /G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.