Thread: "Locate the Hidden Enigma Grove" mission... Has anyone finished it?

"Locate the Hidden Enigma Grove" mission... Has anyone finished it?

It's been a few years since I did this last, but I don't recall it going on and on. I got to the first Champion, and thought... "That was fun.. Oh it's not over.". The second one came around "This has to be over after this... maybe not..." I honestly just let the Enigma "Phrand" thingy get splattered after about 20 or so waves. It does get harder each wave, i got curious and looked it up. It seems it can go on for 50 waves total.

So, how far does anyone recall getting? Is there still a T-shirt as a prize or anything else good if you finish it?

I gave up the wave after the second champion, but it was a fun challenge. If I knew it was that long I probably would have been a little better prepared to go further.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Smasherr View Post
    Sh*t encounter with sh*t rewards, designed by sh*t designer.
    I understand that.

It made me think, though. New Inf is boring, but this idea is somewhat what I imagined when it was first described. Too bad we couldn't have a setup like this as "Super hard Inf". Every wave you survive is a "Mini XP reward", and there are unlimited waves that always get harder. Would make leveling faster, more rewarding for those that actually put effort into their toons, and most importantly more fun.

Oh well. Just another thing in this game someone put a good effort into, but in the wrong direction.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    I understand that.

It made me think, though. New Inf is boring, but this idea is somewhat what I imagined when it was first described. Too bad we couldn't have a setup like this as "Super hard Inf". Every wave you survive is a "Mini XP reward", and there are unlimited waves that always get harder. Would make leveling faster, more rewarding for those that actually put effort into their toons, and most importantly more fun.

Oh well. Just another thing in this game someone put a good effort into, but in the wrong direction.
    I really like that idea for a levelling method. Not only does it encourage good toons, it will make better players

Quote Originally Posted by Footer View Post
    it will make better players
    spamming keybinds into increasingly longer health bars does not a good player make.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    spamming keybinds into increasingly longer health bars does not a good player make.
    Working harder to reach higher waves will, as player setup + skill = more xp reward.

Edit. - just reread. He said harder, not higher health . So spamming keybinds due to higher hp is irrelevant
    Last edited by Footer; Nov 24th, 2016 at 14:15:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Footer View Post
    Edit. - just reread. He said harder, not higher health . So spamming keybinds due to higher hp is irrelevant
    in the context of the entvines bs, i'm pretty sure the waves get "harder" by doing more dmg and having more health, no? same with the difference between inf easies and hards being just monster level.

in the context of the entvines bs, i'm pretty sure the waves get "harder" by doing more dmg and having more health, no? same with the difference between inf easies and hards being just monster level.
    I'd hope they would hit harder, requiring more damage mitigation, kiting, healing etc, and would include other mechanics for fun maybe. That's how I interpret "harder" anyways, guess it's subjective

The Entivined mission got harder by simply adding more mobs. They all seemed to hit the same, just more of them made it challenging as you went along. Inf having a similar system would just be kind of cool. I envisioned having something behind you to protect while waves of mobs came at you when new inf was first being described.

I dunno. I guess your best bet at super hard inf is letting all the spirits die and fighting the mobs that spawn after, but they aren't worth it unless you're farming the gloves the boss drops.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent