Thread: New idea for Battlestations

New idea for Battlestations

Split them into two different stations,
    1. One station is for pvp only, no places to cap and the elitist pvper whiners won't have to deal with pvm'ers.
    The station will have a 10 minute timer on it (normal BS lasts 5-20 minutes) for just killing. If wanted as well, you could implement a kill-to-points score too, to make it faster. As in, the side who kills more, has it finish faster.
    2. One station just like it is now, where the pvm'ers can unite to 4 cap each other!

Yeah yeah, dwindling population, blah blah pvpers being pvpers blah etc etc we hear it all the time...

But when people are harrassing others in battlestation, it kinda gets annoying after a while. It could put an end to this kind of verbal harrassment:
    [Battlestation] Junebop: yea battlestation not 4capstation
    [Battlestation] ~nameremoved~: \go in tower pvp zona ><
    [Battlestation] Junebop: neither of u have done towers have u

But really, GMs won't do anything about this kind of harrassment (as it's not swearing nor is it, to their standards, bad harrassment), so why not separate them from others that are there to cap points?

que the whiners whining about this suggestion (Wouldn't doubt Awi to whine too)
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

DAFUQ - Harrassment when you die in PvP Zone? Sorry cant stop laughing for like 10 mins Back to topic: Battlestation is a feature for PvPers and the Quest`s also. Dont see a reason so destroy the last place in Anarchy for normal PvP since MBHelper user rekt Notumwars and Tara....
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C

Quote Originally Posted by Hekthor View Post
    DAFUQ - Harrassment when you die in PvP Zone? Sorry cant stop laughing for like 10 mins Back to topic: Battlestation is a feature for PvPers and the Quest`s also. Dont see a reason so destroy the last place in Anarchy for normal PvP since MBHelper user rekt Notumwars and Tara....
    I saw it was our own team yelling at each other lol

and yes, very "normal" for those that have the same tactics as tower wars: zerging.
    Also "normal" because all you can do is kill pvm'ers.
    Last edited by Legendfluf; Oct 27th, 2016 at 22:59:13.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

It is interesting how winning the BS is the least concern of people playing it. People either want to 4cap or AFK to get the daily over with, or they cap one point and camp it to farm kills.
    Salomar [220/30]
    Rainbowz [200/23]
    Twopairs [150/20]
    SPARTA

Pvp and especially mass pvp shows the worst of human nature ...

For me (and I realise that I am in minority) a good pvper is someone who:
    1. Can build and effectively play unique twinks which are hard to build and play.
    2. Is always ready to duel to learn and improve his skills and twinks
    3. Preffer fair fights like 1 vs 1 if the same level or 1 vs 2-3 if the 2-3 are lower level leveling pvm characters

Unfortunatelly majority of so called pvpers (I call them psychopaths or morons) use totally different logic:
    1. They build character whatever is fastest to build and equip to be effective so agent is their no1 choice
    2. They always team up with simmilar morons and preffer to fight at least 3 vs 1 or even better 6 vs 1. To make it more lame 90% of the time they will sneak near cap point and wait untill he start to cap to insta kill him
    3. They will continue to do so near 1 cap point for as long as possible so the BS round will last for more than 30 minutes at least some ppl will got fed up with that and /AFK out of BS so it will end without completing.

From my experience this is the worst case in BS 215-220
    201-214 hardly ever runs but surprisingly there are few idiots who built level 214 twinks to use the same lame strategy of farming leveling underequipped characters.
    151-200 is in my oppinion most fun level range but also there are way to many agents.
    101-150 is 2nd worst level range because you have to realise that there is a lot bigger gap between level 150 and level 101-120 than between 220 and 215

Other lame and worth mentioning behaviours:
    Killing semi afk characters that stand motionless at A or C spawn points.
    Using APTs in any way.
    Runing away from other characters of the same level while chasing greenies and farming them.

One last thought - it should look a bit different during weeks when "Civil Dissobedience" mission is availabe because more ppl should want to do that mission, but unfortunatelly thats when "moronic pvpers" try to abuse their playstyle most...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

This thread makes me cry...

If you don't like pvp then stay the fluke out of BS. Simple. Ooooh but you neeed dailies?! Why? There are tons more options of getting VP/XP/SK. Your whining payed off, FC added a lot more options so you can never be harmed by a slivering mean raging roving bloodlusty PVPer on bullshark testosterone. But you still go up BS. You choose the easy way and whine that your precious character gets mowed down.
    BS is built the way it is so the score system makes people move around a bit. Otherwise it would just be mayhem like the miner area

Sorry about my tone, it is my way of expressing how a soul crushingly weak idea this is.

Edit: here is a new take on this: mixing the endgame PVPers, PVMers and levelling toons is a good idea. And here is why: it gives the latter two types motivation to try to excel at PVP too, a metaphorical carrot to follow. Being s***r**ed on battlestation was one of my main motivations to create my first ever TL5 twink. Even before I knew what Inferno was.
    Last edited by aramsunat; Oct 29th, 2016 at 06:44:40.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

worst idea in the world

man up

you either sensor all names or none

can we also have an encounter where u can get full bist and full alphas by hugging for those of us who don't wanna die in pvm anymore?

Junebop the harasser

Hahaha The two posts above are pathetic. Grow up. People have different likes and dislikes .. deal withit.

Bump on the post.

What the morons on this planet cant seem to fathom is that this would benefit the PVPers. It would stop siwy ickle non pvpers from ruining their all important pvp. Such cry babies. Go find mummy for a hug. Put in a dummy and get that nappy changed.

If non pvpers didnt want to die, they woulnt go in BS. It isnt about trying to stop the dying. Dying is apart of the game and it matters none whether that come from pvp or pvm. WHat your small brains are too ill to realise is that BS is a challenge with a PVM goal. Hit the points. Thats pretty much as indepth as it gets. Yes it allows you to pvp but that is to thwart the capping of the points. I gladly face death whilst doing my daily knowing that it is only a matter of time before it gets 4 capped and the round ends. there are 2 particular roles within BS. The PVM role is to cap and the PVP role is to stop the cap.

You whiners love to pretend that you love pvp but you dont. If you did you would pvp. Instead you prefer to enter an instance to kill low levelled under geared chars. You are pathetic. Grow up. Either stop entering BS and do proper pvp or accept that the non pvpers role in BS is to 4 cap and the pvpers role is to stop them. Pvpers just whine because they are so crap at completing "their" goal. You love to make weak assed characters who cant handle more than a couple of under geared greenies at a time. You all pretend to love PVP so you all roll flavour of the month over powered professions such as NT's or Agnets so you can **** people in seconds without them having a chance and all because you love the pvp lol.

The other day I was in BS on my 160 doc. Being underpowered, under geared and lowbie I didnt stand a chance so I went fo the cap. You whiners couldnt stop the two or three on my team from capping the points and started crying when it was 4 capped pretty soon. "Why ruin it" "why 4 cap" were tells I got afterwards. Dont cry afterwards when you realise how crap you are at your goal. I dont like to "ruin it" for anyone so the next round I stood still at the spawn point and afk'ed it out and the same peoople who complained that I ruined it... CAMPED MY SPAWN. lol

Yeah you guys love the challenge fo PVP. You wouldnt know PVP if it hit you in the face.

That is why you cry like babies when people have the audacity to suggest changes that actually improve the game for both sides by giving the pvpers what they want (opponents who actually want to PVP) and give the non pvpers play free from grief and insults in hate tells.
    Last edited by gresh; Nov 5th, 2016 at 10:29:40.
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    mumbo jumbo
    the above two posts didnt whine about capping. personally I dont have a problem with it. If I sense a horde of 4cappers, I just hug core and steamroll everyone attempting to cap
    We were bashing this horrible suggestion not the carebears being butthurt by name-calling

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by aramsunat View Post
    inane nonsense
    Eh but that isnt quite correct. You said if you dont like pvp... stay out of BS... That isnt a comment regarding the op.. thats a more general sweeping statement. BS isnt yours so you cant really dictate what anybody does or doesnt do in there.

This thread makes me cry...

If you don't like pvp then stay the fluke out of BS. Simple. Ooooh but you neeed dailies?! Why? There are tons more options of getting VP/XP/SK.
    What?!?!? So because I can run an RK mish, I can not do BS??? Because I can run a normal daily I cant do BS??? Because I can do hecks I cant do BS??? ... Did you level up only from BS??? Im assuming because you can do BS you didnt touch any xp from any other source... do you know how silly that comment even is?

Your whining payed off, FC added a lot more options so you can never be harmed by a slivering mean raging roving bloodlusty PVPer on bullshark testosterone. But you still go up BS. You choose the easy way and whine that your precious character gets mowed down.
    Thats a bit incorrect. PVPers complained that there was nobody in BS to fight against so funcom catered to the crybaby tears of whining lil baby pvpers like yourself and altered other XP revenue streams. Nerfed them to filter people who didnt like pvp, had no interest in PVP and had no experience with PVP into BS to be served up as easy pickings. Oh how easily your egos are satisfied.

For the record there were many Non PVPers who never touched BS until the XP given by the tower tag daily was removed. And then after complaints from the non pvpers, was returned in a much reduced fashion. I said back when that happened how it would back fire and end up mainly non pvpers and how it would ultimately affect the play in there with the majority of people all of a sudden wishing for the 4 cap to commence. People who hated PVP quite happily stayed away from the 3 dailies per day compared to the single daily per day simply so they didnt have to enter content they didnt wish to do.

BS is built the way it is so the score system makes people move around a bit. Otherwise it would just be mayhem like the miner area
    You are right, BS is designed the way it is on purpose. The miner area is a free for all. You can attack same side, you can attack anyone. It is a no holds barred area. BS is capture the flag. Cap the points. The counter counts in response to the number of stations that are capped. Nothing to do with Kills. There is no kill count what so ever. The round completes even if not a single person is killed.

Edit: here is a new take on this: mixing the endgame PVPers, PVMers and levelling toons is a good idea. And here is why: it gives the latter two types motivation to try to excel at PVP too, a metaphorical carrot to follow. Being s***r**ed on battlestation was one of my main motivations to create my first ever TL5 twink. Even before I knew what Inferno was.
    That is all well and good but that is your story. Not everyones. Many people get into PVP for many reasons I guess but many people stay out of PVP for many reasons too. Not everyone likes it or wishes to have any thing to do with it.

We are all different. Dont start cussing people just because they differ. Or at least if you do... dont be suprised if it gets peoples backs up.

What you want is for people who dont like PVP to stay out of BS??? That just removes an available XP stream for them. Dont moan when somebody tries thinking up an idea to solve your problem... i.e seperating people who dont want pvp from your activity (I.e. Staying the fluke out) and ruining your fun. Instead of trying to tear people down.. you could try to think up ideas you dont think are "soul crushingly weak" but instead you just want to exclude people from something you seem to think you yourself deserve? lol Like thats your suggestion.

Sorry but youir idea sucks alot more. Get over yourself.

You say you like PVP but complain non pvpers get the same xp stream that you get even though you enjoy all the available options for xp that they get. PVP doesnt require XP. Like surely killing is the point... to pvp properly ... you need to be on a comparable charcter with comparable equuipment and gear. Why need xp at all???

lil babies need to grow up eventually imo.
    Last edited by gresh; Nov 8th, 2016 at 23:49:35.
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Wall of text.
    You missed the point in most parts completely. All my sentences boil down to this: No one is forcing anyone to go up to the battlestation.
    Ask yourself the question: "Am I forced to go up to BS to achieve/acquire anything I would otherwise be unable to?"
    No you are not.

Granted, FC created a lot of incentives for participation in PVP, but you will not miss anything if you refuse to participate.
    If you do participate however, don't feel bad that your character gets killed. You sign up knowing this very fact.
    And secondly, why is it such a grievance to non-PVPers that their characters get killed? There is no rezz, xp loss, player looting, nothing. Dying has no consequence on BS. Why whine about it?

Whining about 4capping is just as silly too imo (sorry June!) as it can be easily prevented by steamrolling said 4cappers.

Devil Inside