Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My paid days will be over soon

My paid days will be over soon

I have decided to let my accounts run out and end, even tho I wish to be playing, I will not be able to pay for grace anymore
    thanks to the greedy resellers that are too lazy to farm somethign themselves and only jack up prices and rip off the normal guy
    these guys (and the mb'rs) ruined AO for me

The days of Terrortist will come to an end
    Sad as it may be for those that always liked and supported me, good riddance to the resellers and mb idiots that will soon have a game all for themselves

Sad to see you leave, but I perfectly understand your point of view...
    Latest exploits messed up the whole economy, credit sellers are selling exploited credits very cheap and as a result prices of GRACE went up a lot !
    The truth is that latest expoits ruined economy for normal/honest players as well as for Funcom.

Players and Funcom lost, exploiters won...
    Funcom does not care (or is too stupid to do anything about it), normal/honest players can only quit ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Sad to see you leave, but I perfectly understand your point of view...
    Latest exploits messed up the whole economy, credit sellers are selling exploited credits very cheap and as a result prices of GRACE went up a lot !
    The truth is that latest expoits ruined economy for normal/honest players as well as for Funcom.

Players and Funcom lost, exploiters won...
    Funcom does not care (or is too stupid to do anything about it), normal/honest players can only quit ...
    You're absolutely right, the only thing I can hope for now is that either grace price drops significantly in the next 25 days, or continue farming creds on my froob till there's a brief free period so I can hopefully at that time, purchase grace again
    I have no real money to pay for my accounts anymore so grace is and was my only option since it came ingame, I could try to keep one ofmy 3 accounts open by overpaying, but I dont think I'd want to spend THAT much for such short period of time

Thumbs up

After learning of your impending demise I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight..

How about get a job and pay for your accounts..Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Bruins View Post
    After learning of your impending demise I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight..

How about get a job and pay for your accounts..Just a thought
    If that were an option, dont you think i would have considered it?
    I dont feel that I need to explain my personal life to enlighten you on the how/why that I dont have real money
    My private life is my private life and a job is currently not an option and sadly no financial support from my government
    With that, enough has been said about the matter, grace was an excellent thing for me, but now, actually players have made it an impossible thing for me

Another thing to consider, since not everyone is a greedy player; strike a deal with someone, like; you buy X graces(1 for each of your accounts), every month from him, for "a price that you can agree on". He gets a steady ingame-credit income, and you get to play your accounts. If I could afford it, I would've offered to do so myself, but my RL-financial situation doesn't allow for it atm, hell, I can barely pay for my accounts as it is :/
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

How about don't buy the graces from these resellers, All the current top buy orders are resellers, Most of the 3b sell orders are resellers, Don't buy them!

Let them tie up billions of credits in graces when no one buys they will eventually sell for lower unless they want all those credits tied up it stock they can't move.

Quote Originally Posted by Affliktion View Post
    How about don't buy the graces from these resellers, All the current top buy orders are resellers, Most of the 3b sell orders are resellers, Don't buy them!

Let them tie up billions of credits in graces when no one buys they will eventually sell for lower unless they want all those credits tied up it stock they can't move.
    I never bought or sold to resellers, I avoid that at all cost and even if I could, i wouldnt pay so much for grace, but by the time they lower the cost, my accounts will be closed anyways, so unfortunately, its a lost cause to 'wait'

I'm playing path of exile now.

Free.

Quote Originally Posted by grandefiasco View Post
    I never bought or sold to resellers, I avoid that at all cost and even if I could, i wouldnt pay so much for grace, but by the time they lower the cost, my accounts will be closed anyways, so unfortunately, its a lost cause to 'wait'
    You say accountS. I imagine that it is pretty expensive to keep multiple accs alive. Why not settle for one? Shouldnt be too hard to farm credz for one acc.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

I'm not sure it's as simple as a group of people trying to run up the price. Re-sellers only score the margin, whether or not the buy/sell price is 1.1b/1.2b or it's 200m/300m. The margin (profit) is the same for the re-seller.

I'd actually argue, that a lower price for GRACE would benefit resellers as you'd see a larger activity, which would let them profit more often.

The people who benefit from high prices are the ones converting real money to credits through GRACE.

If you want to re-sell items on GMI to make credits you'll want to find the items with a large margin compared to the buy price. VTEs are an example of a bad-reselling item (margin is maybe 10-25% of buy price) whereas the recent expoited lead bots a re-selling for 600-700% of the buy price.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

So how much are GRACE now? Last time i played it was around 300m i think.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

highest was around 1.3b last time i checked.. which was sometime last week.
    Behoernchen - Adventurer - SEMPER FIDELIS

Lowest sell order: 2.95B
    Highest buy order: 1.9B

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

First of all - It's not nice to see you leaving Terrortist ... I don't personally know you but a good friend said you are a nice guy !

And about the grace and the lead bots exploit I have to say was a good thing, as hard as it may be to believe was a good thing if you look at it as a whole.
    Let me explain (I apologize in advance for this off-topic) :

1. Grace price very high means :
    - MB-ers will not be able to pay for the accounts - they can't make the credits in time
    - credit sellers like eg%# and all we'll be forced to lower the price of the things they are selling to an extent that the selling will not be profitable anymore. And here you will ask why and I will do further explanation : If the grace is 3-4b then with 17 $/euro paid to FunCom I will get 3-4b in game to dress up, so the credit seller is forced to sell 1b for 4$ - not worth the trouble.
    - I will gladly buy the grace from FunCom and get like 3b for it in game - FunCom wins / we are wining because the game making profit means we all enjoy the game more.
    - credit sink is always good for the economy

2. Lead bots exploit was good - believe it or not and let me explain here (let me tell you that ONLY supples were bought from market, maybe a few strongs and after that GM removed everything - the only REAL big problem was banning the dnet owner for selling those belts - that was a BIG mistake, but that is another story) :
    - supple bot price went down A LOT - this is nice for the "new blood" because everyone can afford cheap stuff (if you can't afford - buy a grace - get 3b - buy the stuff)
    - prices down means that sellers like eg@#$ need to lower also the price for combined armor to an amount that will make the selling totally not worth (if 1b = 4$ then a comb sharpshooter piece will be like 1$ or less)
    - infusion of lead bots means also that a froob or a not-so-wealthy paid toon can make a living out of farming basic fashion armor or red bots or clumps if he wants so

The very few that are in disadvantage here are the ones that rely on grace to pay for the game. Terrortist here is helping people to get stuff and I really appreciate him for this - all respect. But when feeding the poor you need to eat a bit yourself to have the strength to carry on. And in our case here maybe the ones that were helped by him over the years can say now "wait .. our helper needs help - ok lets help him" (this can mean sending 300m via mail or sending a tell like "we doing beast clr pf - wanna come and split" or "I have a nice doc - lets mitaar our brains out and get some hundreds mils" or send him a tell like "relax a bit man, grace price is an accident, will come down - maybe not at 400, but will come down again and now learn your lesson - if grace will be 500m again - buy like 10-20 don't stop at 3 "

Disclaimer : maybe I am wrong, maybe my post will be deleted but this is what I think. A froob can farm like 100m / day (don't ask me how, just believe me is doable) - a paid toon can do better (hint : a single dust operative sleeve is selling @200m during DIO week)
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Highest BO 3.5b

Yeah the supple hack won't affect the economy at all.....

Lowest sell order is 5b... wow.
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

as long as people keep buying them...
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

After long consideration, I wont even bother trying to save even one of my accounts, after all, its been 12 years and with the numbers of multiboxers only growing, both in pvm and pvp, exploiters and exploits
    its not worth it anymore, better just let this game time, its lasted long enough
    I'll miss my toons, but I guess their time has come, i'll still have my army of froobs to 'play' on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast