Thread: Upgraded Anger of the Xan & misc

Upgraded Anger of the Xan & misc

My motivation is that assault rifle thatis supposedly soldiers main weapon line is just not working well and hasn't since many years. Today it seems like shottie+smg is the preferred combination. So why not make an upgraded Anger like with SMG, 1HB and Rifle? Given that assault rifle is a quite gimpy alternative in general I believe it should be a bit bigger of an upgrade also. Here are my ideas, highlighted the changes and added stats:

Original Anger:

Anger of the Xan
    NODROP
    Rarity: Unknown
    Quality level: 300
    Requirements:
    Wield:

On Self:
    Must have expansionset: Legacy of the Xan and
    TitleLevel from 6 and
    Full Auto from 2026 and
    Burst from 1689 and
    Assault Rif from 2251

Ammo type: Bullets
    Damage: 320-560(350)
    Dps: 160.0-280.0(175.0)
    Speed:
    Attack 1.40s
    Recharge 1.40s
    Equip delay: 3.00s
    Initiative: Ranged Weapons Initiative
    Range: 30m
    Fling Shot from 1001 and
    Special: Burst FullAuto
    Max beneficial skill: 2800
    Attack skills: Assault Rif 100%
    Defence skills: Dodge-Rng 100%
    Modifier:
    On User:
    Modify Add All Off. 30
    Modify Matter Crea 30
    Modify Time&Space 30

Damage type: Imp/Proj AC
    Description:
    It gives you power beyond reason.

Upgraded version:

Anger of the Xan
    NODROP
    Rarity: Unknown
    Quality level: 300
    Requirements:
    Wield:

On Self:
    Must have expansionset: Legacy of the Xan and
    TitleLevel from 7 and
    Fling Shot from 1689 and
    Full Auto from 2251 and
    Burst from 1689 and
    Assault Rif from 2500

Ammo type: Bullets
    Damage: 340-600(380)
    Dps: xxxxx
    Speed:
    Attack 1.40s
    Recharge 1.40s
    Equip delay: 1.00s
    Initiative: Ranged Weapons Initiative
    Range: 30m
    Special: Burst FullAuto Fling Shot
    Max beneficial skill: 2800
    Attack skills: Assault Rif 100%
    Defence skills: Dodge-Rng 90%
    Modifier:
    On User:
    Modify Add All Off. 50
    Modify Matter Crea 50
    Modify Time&Space 50

Damage type: Imp/Proj AC
    Description:
    It gives you power beyond reason.

Imo it still wouldn't be powerful beyond reason as the description suggests. It would still be lower DD than SMG + shottie despite fling and upgraded dmg range, still no stun and tbh it still wouldn't be great vs evaders but it would at least give a somewhat better chance to actually hit someone due to the 90% check and the lower equip delay would make nova swaps much more doable.

Misc:

Imo 2 hand weapons should have a higher dmg cap than 1 handed. For AS 1 handed could remain the same at 13k while 2 handed could be 15k. For FA 1 handed could stay at 15k while 2 handed could be 17k. Seems fair that FA and AS is scaled up a bit since all other dmg has gone through the room while they stayed the same since, uh, 2003? I mean an MA can churn out 10-11k crits reliably every 2 secs or so while sol gets one extra hit every 11 s of 15k. Seems a bit gimpy.

ps. No numbers set in stone. Just ideas. And yes, I am aware that others want upgraded Xan weaps as well. They can write suggestions too.

Cheers!

Classic weapon design. Perk(line)s are the problem.
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

Correct me if I'm wrong, I do not play soldiers, but I am fairly sure that for all PVM purposes, Assault rifle is the better choice.
    I highly doubt any SMG setup is able to OD a crit setup assault rifle build. Also AR can switch between multiple dmg types (though that is not really a concern for anyone anymore)
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by aramsunat View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I do not play soldiers, but I am fairly sure that for all PVM purposes, Assault rifle is the better choice.
    I highly doubt any SMG setup is able to OD a crit setup assault rifle build. Also AR can switch between multiple dmg types (though that is not really a concern for anyone anymore)
    PvM wise SMG/PDKP dual wield outperforms AR by a good margin when you cap FA recharge. Same for pure SMG dual wield. I haven't done the numbers, but it's been the conventional wisdom for a while as I understand it.

For PvP it's a different ball game though.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    PvM wise SMG/PDKP dual wield outperforms AR by a good margin when you cap FA recharge. Same for pure SMG dual wield. I haven't done the numbers, but it's been the conventional wisdom for a while as I understand it.
    Yup.

For PvP it's a different ball game though.
    Imo it depends exactly on who you are fighting. Taking down a doc with AR is quite hard, fail the alpha once and you're gone for sure while with SMB+shottie it's quite easy. My personal experience is that having four specials, a stun, much higher DD as well as AS is an overall superior setup for most pvp situations.

I just want AOE damage for all 2 handed weaps.

2HB? 4m AOE.
    2HE? 4m AOE.

Change PVP for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    My personal experience is that having four specials, a stun, much higher DD as well as AS is an overall superior setup for most pvp situations.
    Where do you get AS in Rhat'Ata/PDKP combo?

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Rhat'Ata + Onehander for PvP.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Rhat'Ata + Onehander for PvP.
    That makes sense if you skill MR high enough to swap easily I guess.

soldiers should get a perk that lets them dual wield 2h weapons. leafblower of the xan with a kyr hairdryer would be p sweet

I totally agree with everything you said.
    Maybe add taunt proc to Assault rifle? That would make sense, if I want to choose tank role as a soldier.

Buff Assaultrifle!

FC now get in to work.

sincerely,
    customer

the assault rifle weapon we have is ok i think, but the suggestion here isnt bad either.
    but the perkline offers debuffs only, there is no dmg at all.
    there should been 2x assault rifle perklines or something, not saying a 2nd line should give powerfull stats to anything, but perk dmg support atleast.

side note ( Wtb 10 sec NSD immunity shield ) or nerf the god damn nsd debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    OP
    Add a heavy weapons req, change damage type, ammo type, duck check and AOE and we'll talk about an upgrade!
    I don't think it's much to ask for?
    Heavy weapons is borderline useless and yet the perkline is there.

Quote Originally Posted by aramsunat View Post
    Can say hands down pdkp/smg is best soldier damage.

smg/onehander or pdkp/troa

Soldiers have plenty of IP and can easily max Shotgun/SMG/Pistol and have plenty of IP left over for MR

Quote Originally Posted by appolonia View Post
    Classic weapon design. Perk(line)s are the problem.
    Adding new weapons to the game will only make encounters easier and more boring. I agree with Appolonia and I would really like to see some changes in perklines and nanos for soldier in general.

Quote Originally Posted by maharaja5000 View Post
    I totally agree with everything you said.
    Maybe add taunt proc to Assault rifle? That would make sense, if I want to choose tank role as a soldier.

Buff Assaultrifle!
    I think a %taunt should be a thing on our reflects to better manage aggro rather then adding a taunt to the weapon. Any soldier can pull aggro on a mob through specials and perks, but keeping aggro by having a taunt every time a mob hit us through our reflects would be really nice.
    Last edited by Tyfowler; Dec 10th, 2016 at 09:54:33.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by Tyfowler View Post
    Add a heavy weapons req, change damage type, ammo type, duck check and AOE and we'll talk about an upgrade!
    I don't think it's much to ask for?
    Heavy weapons is borderline useless and yet the perkline is there.
    Oi. Why owuld it be OP? Still less dmg than SMG+DKP. Still won't hit evaders very well. Still less powerful mods than for instance the upgraded xan rifle.

Or did u mean original post?

Sorry for the late reply. Yes it's very very easy to swap. I can get 1750 MR easily for dual smg and PDKP is only 1500 I think.

So I now use PDKP in RH and Envy in LH for pvm and it rocks. Much better than pure smg and miles ahead of AR.

For pvp I use either envy plus onehander. Alternatively 300 silverback if there is a lot of evaders in BS or whatever.

For me this is just so far ahead of AR I feel sorry for those who still use it. Yes, there is surely some ppl who use it effectively in duels and such. So if that's your game then cool. However for most situations soldiers main weap is just so bad it's silly and should be fixed.