Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lower the level requirement of new inferno missions to 160

lower the level requirement of new inferno missions to 160

Hello, could we lower the level requirement of inf new missions to 160? since many people make the progression to inferno at 160, it would help alot to be able to jump right into missions when you get to ergo instead of trying to form a sided team and do a few old missions.

I levelled from 130-167 in ado.

Took me since January this year. Got 1 team for about 23 minutes or something. It was a joyous 23 minutes.

Imo, gotta do something to make Ado+pen more relevant somehow, so there are more people to play with there.

140-180 is perfect level range to do the following:
    1. complete missing Garden (and if you want Sanctuary keys) up to Penumbra.
    2. Complete all Yutto quests (Scheol, Adonis, Penumbra)
    3. Complete solo Dark Ruin quest so you can easily get 1 more Doja per day
    4. Complete all daily missions every day that you can play.

If you do the above you ll get about 40 levels within 3-7 days (depends how much you play per session).
    Of course sometimes you ll need some extra help (any 220 char will be enough) to kill certain mobs for those quests but in general if you are decently geared you can easily do 95% of all those quests solo.

Whats more important you ll be forced to have at least decent/average gear and update your nanos which will also allow your character/profession to learn how to play and test different strategies.

Overall it will be more beneficial and even faster than sitting AFK inside inferno new mission while some multiboxer with 220 charcters do all the job.
    Inferno new missions gives horrible XP if you are low level (bellow 190-200) and you have in team some 220s, not to mention that they are very very boring.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    140-180 is perfect level range to do the following:
    1. complete missing Garden (and if you want Sanctuary keys) up to Penumbra.
    2. Complete all Yutto quests (Scheol, Adonis, Penumbra)
    3. Complete solo Dark Ruin quest so you can easily get 1 more Doja per day
    4. Complete all daily missions every day that you can play.

If you do the above you ll get about 40 levels within 3-7 days (depends how much you play per session).
    Of course sometimes you ll need some extra help (any 220 char will be enough) to kill certain mobs for those quests but in general if you are decently geared you can easily do 95% of all those quests solo.

Whats more important you ll be forced to have at least decent/average gear and update your nanos which will also allow your character/profession to learn how to play and test different strategies.

Overall it will be more beneficial and even faster than sitting AFK inside inferno new mission while some multiboxer with 220 charcters do all the job.
    Inferno new missions gives horrible XP if you are low level (bellow 190-200) and you have in team some 220s, not to mention that they are very very boring.
    no sl quests to make 215-220 a breeze tho, rip.
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sleekyz View Post
    no sl quests to make 215-220 a breeze tho, rip.
    that's what a 220 on /follow is for fam. tbh i'd rather burn through those quests to make that awkward transition from medsuit on kite hill to /lft inf mish easier. idk about others but i'd rather run 5's than invite a 160 off lft.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post

Took me since January this year. Got 1 team for about 23 minutes or something. It was a joyous 23 minutes.
    As people have pointed out to you multiple times (including myself):

Stop. Going. To. Adonis.

The Reck has awesome xp for 100 to 170 and some of the missions are solo'able from the beginning.

Repeatedly complaining about something that is a non-issue is the very definition of whining...

In my oppinion the range from 170 to 200 is the real issue, since you are less than useful in the context of inferno missions.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    that's what a 220 on /follow is for fam. tbh i'd rather burn through those quests to make that awkward transition from medsuit on kite hill to /lft inf mish easier. idk about others but i'd rather run 5's than invite a 160 off lft.
    Yeah you're right, but since I can dual log and provide good 220 dd with a 160 on follow, i'd rather do that than do 20 more inf missions.
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    The Reck has awesome xp for 100 to 170 and some of the missions are solo'able from the beginning..
    It takes about 30-45 minutes to run through the Reck dailies. After that it is as empty as adonis. After that i'd really like to do some ado hecks, but can't because there's no teams. There's nobody doing the reck outside mobs either.

So i have to agree with MCS that Ado and Pen needs some work to be relevant again. Fixing Pen would be a piece of cake, just fix the mission rewards so they are close to inf missions in terms of risk vs reward.

Ado missions could be fixed like that too and changed so that the mission locations are not all under water.
    Last edited by Aeliniyah; Nov 14th, 2016 at 20:15:31.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    It takes about 30-45 minutes to run through the Reck dailies. After that it is as empty as adonis. After that i'd really like to do some ado hecks, but can't because there's no teams. There's nobody doing the reck outside mobs either.

So i have to agree with MCS that Ado and Pen needs some work to be relevant again. Fixing Pen would be a piece of cake, just fix the mission rewards so they are close to inf missions in terms of risk vs reward.

Ado missions could be fixed like that too and changed so that the mission locations are not all under water.

I agree, in general.

Let's take a model that works and reapply:

Add a yutto who really has a thing out for brink monsters. He gives you a quest to kill some hecklers in whatever zone (ado) he's in.

There are a few tiers...

Kill 10 hecklers of elements
    ->get XP boost award
    Kill 5 hecklers of dreams
    ->get xp boost award
    Kill 5 hecklers of harmony
    ->get XP boost award
    kill 25 hecklers of any variety
    -> get big XP boost award
    -> mission repeats 1/2/3 times, "daily" cooldown.

Then you got an opportunity to do some hecklers in a team, or whatever, but at least you gotta kill them. then ofc with that you got the opportunity to team with others and accomplish some stuff.

btw, Avari, I wasn't complaining... I have had a great time levelling solo. I just remember the days when it was different. I did a lot of work in the reck, I did the mantis daily several times, I did ely/ely sanct, ado key/ado brain quest, pen quest (I'm on alappa right now), and working on pen key, and did a LOT of solo dark ruins. I cleared it probably 5x before level 150 when I got the quest, then did it twice solo (on the second time killed goddess but I messed up the first time, I tried to delete the quest so I could repeat it which didn't work), now I'm annoyed because I need a team to enter and usually I can't find anyone in the zone; so I moved to Pen.

When I've finished pen quest/pen key, I'll get molar, and progress to inferno. I've been soloing everything so far and it's been decent, but I suspect if I can find some teams in inferno things will progress much more rapidly, which is cool... no worries.

I've been working on my agent here and there for a while. I honestly gave up doing inf missions out of sheer boredom and crammed his viral force blades on at 198 instead of waiting to get 200. The excitement of leveling kicks in again at 200 to 210, then 211-215 is another dead zone for me. 215-220 from SL quests finishes everything off. Funny thing, I realize I kind of gave up on my Advy at 198, too.

170-200 is definitely the worst. I just blew through it boxing inf hard because it's so tedious. All there are are people looking for AFK inf at that level. I found an MP, Sontor I think his name was, looking for legit inf around that level. He was back to the game recently he said, and when I invited him, the first thing he asked me was "how much?". Some ranting from me about how much I hate AFK inf later, we did a bunch of missions. For me, the spirit of humanity of just giving someone a helping hand is payment enough, and I gladly kicked out one of my 220's to bring him. He's a great guy, and we had a good time just blasting out some inf.

I've seen people selling AFK inf saying they don't multibox doing it, maybe thinking it doesn't demonize them. However, these lower level toons always seem to have a tough time getting teams, and when I see them, I multibox inf hards for them for free as long as I'm working on something too. Obviously, this market exists for a reason, but the people actually looking to play are at least somewhat affected. The issue I have with AFK inf is it has caused a little hiccup with leveling progression. 160/170-200 more than >200. This most annoyed me when one time someone asked in OOC for an inf team, and someone else responded saying "you can pay for inf". I took that as rude, and so did the person asking for inf.

Again, that market exists for a reason, but don't insult people who want to play by telling them they have to pay to get inf. People who want to play, shouldn't pay.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Well this has pretty much been the case for years now. Very few new blood / old-returning blood. We just want fast levels. We have been there, done all that and want our toons to level ASAP. It's interesting because many of my fond memories from the game come from the nobrainer heckler / inf / Arid rift grinding. We put in a lot of effort and resources to minimize the gameplay we would otherwise enjoy. And we would enjoy not because of the game itself, but because of people interactions.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Latest toon I've leveled has only done 2 new inf missions, I don't like them beyond faction gains, solo missions are available too from the same team mission vendor in the gardens.
    On making a new toon class, I don't want to power level, I tend to want to spend time soloing and learning the class.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    It takes about 30-45 minutes to run through the Reck dailies. After that it is as empty as adonis.
    That's not really my point, although I think 30-45 min is putting it a bit low if you don't have outside help.

McKnuckle has made a point out of his Adonis failings as a critique against leveling options and activity in the game. In several threads he's stated that it took him more than half a year to level 37 levels from 130 to 167. I don't know exactly how fast you can do it, but simply doing regular daily and the three easiest Reck dailies would have landed him those 37 levels in less than a month if I had to take a guess. After his 30-45 "minutes" spent on dailies he could have gone on a key quest, Xan Civ quest or farmed some dynas for equipment, which would have given several levels worth of xp.

Heckler bashing days are over for all level ranges except maybe 170 to 200 if you want to level faster than your regular, elite and SL daily missions allow you to. So why are people so surprised that nobody wants to do Adonis hecklers anymore? Getting the rare pity inf mission where some high levels let you tag along seems to be the preferred choice for 170-200 these days although some simply buy the ride to 200.
    Last edited by Avari; Nov 15th, 2016 at 19:39:51.

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

That's not really my point, although I think 30-45 min is putting it a bit low if you don't have outside help.

McKnuckle has made a point out of his Adonis failings as a critique against leveling options and activity in the game. In several threads he's stated that it took him more than half a year to level 37 levels from 130 to 167. I don't know exactly how fast you can do it, but simply doing regular daily and the three easiest Reck dailies would have landed him those 37 levels in less than a month if I had to take a guess. After his 30-45 "minutes" spent on dailies he could have gone on a key quest, Xan Civ quest or farmed some dynas for equipment, which would have given several levels worth of xp.

Heckler bashing days are over for all level ranges except maybe 170 to 200 if you want to level faster than your regular, elite and SL daily missions allow you to. So why are people so surprised that nobody wants to do Adonis hecklers anymore? Getting the rare pity inf mission where some high levels let you tag along seems to be the preferred choice for 170-200 these days although some simply buy the ride to 200.
    Much less than a month... I have been messing around with a lowbie recently, thanks to the free heckler juice, and over the past month, gone from 100 to 136 from only sporadically doing the regular rk/ai dailies, skipping the elite one frequently, and with research set at 100%. If you're actually diligent about it, I expect hitting 150 would be entirely possible.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

In several threads he's stated that it took him more than half a year to level 37 levels from 130 to 167.
    That's not right.

I rolled my toon in January. levelling up to 100ish solo was awesome fun. I got a few teams out at tiigs but I wrote a fun guide on how to level to 100 as a shade solo (because I didn't see many other people). That didn't take all that long.

But what took a long time was the 100-140. Where people used to do a lot of ely hecks, there was nothing. I don't kite, so that option wasn't available to me out of principle.

I levelled a froob from 170ish to 200 in about two-three weeks. Dailies only: Elite mantis hive, Darkest dungeon, Arbitration freelancers daily, Normal daily, 3x BS dailies and the Civil disobedience daily for one week
    Was pretty easy tbh, and all these can be soloed totally easy mode by a decently equipped expansion player.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

That's not right.

I rolled my toon in January. levelling up to 100ish solo was awesome fun.
    Further up in this thread you wrote:

I'm glad you cleared it up, but I hope you can see why I misunderstood you. I distinctly remember having read the same grivance about Adonis teams from you elsewhere although the phrasing was somewhat different.

Regardless, I'd like to repeat that leveling on hecklers in both Elysium and Adonis is no longer needed. The Reck has a lvl range of 100-170, so anytime you are not able to get a team you can go there. If you want to blast through levels, sure, you will run out of leveling options after a couple of hours worth of all the daily missions available to you, but I honestly don't understand why anyone would want to do heckler bashing again.

Leveling on hecklers was the most mind-numbing experience ever and even in AO's hayday you didn't just pick up a team instantly. You had to wait for room to open up in one of the heckler spots (Adonis) or form one and compete with other teams for mobs (P7 Elysium). Not to mention the endless waiting when people died or your doctor left for something else. You know, back when a doctor was mandatory for PvM leveling...

Quote Originally Posted by aramsunat View Post
    I levelled a froob from 170ish to 200 in about two-three weeks. Dailies only: Elite mantis hive, Darkest dungeon, Arbitration freelancers daily, Normal daily, 3x BS dailies and the Civil disobedience daily for one week
    Was pretty easy tbh, and all these can be soloed totally easy mode by a decently equipped expansion player.
    I'm still not quite familiar with all the daily options even though I've been back for months. Any chance you could explain/link to some of the following (a quick Google turned up very little):
    • Darkest Dungeon
    • Arbitration Freelancers (the bi-weekly Palmiero ones you get in ICC?)
    • Civil Disobedience

Thank you
    Last edited by Avari; Nov 16th, 2016 at 14:27:11.

• Darkest Dungeon
    • Arbitration Freelancers (the bi-weekly Palmiero ones you get in ICC?)
    • Civil Disobedience
    • Darkest Sanctum (from the drone) requires you to kill an NPC in Inner Sanctum. You get there from killing a wandering NPC on the first floor which opens a portal that's level locked to <=200. (5.5M XP reward iirc)
    • Freelancers (from the drone) requires you to complete 3 regular dailies, AI doesn't count, but DOJA / PvP etc do. (regular daily reward)
    • Civil Disobedience (from Palmeiro, occurs every 3rd cycle he appears, so one week every six), requires you to complete 1 Duel (can /duel draw if you don't want to duel for some reason), then 3 rounds of Battlestation (don't need to win, or the regular BS PvP daily triggers), and then killing 5x Notum Miners. (regular daily reward, plus either 1200 Solo or Team PvP score, and a chance for one of the ICC Drones)

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    • Darkest Sanctum (from the drone) requires you to kill an NPC in Inner Sanctum. You get there from killing a wandering NPC on the first floor which opens a portal that's level locked to <=200. (5.5M XP reward iirc)
    • Freelancers (from the drone) requires you to complete 3 regular dailies, AI doesn't count, but DOJA / PvP etc do. (regular daily reward)
    • Civil Disobedience (from Palmeiro, occurs every 3rd cycle he appears, so one week every six), requires you to complete 1 Duel (can /duel draw if you don't want to duel for some reason), then 3 rounds of Battlestation (don't need to win, or the regular BS PvP daily triggers), and then killing 5x Notum Miners. (regular daily reward, plus either 1200 Solo or Team PvP score, and a chance for one of the ICC Drones)
    Thanks! Is the Inner Sanctum one level restricted?

Guess I knew the others, but just had them flagged as "those Palmiero missions"

Thanks! Is the Inner Sanctum one level restricted?
    I haven't tried pulling the mission on a char lower than 150, as the next lowest I have is sitting at 116 so wouldn't be able to get into IS in any event, but it "should" be available from 125 till 200.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast