Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why hasn't AO gone F2P yet?

Why hasn't AO gone F2P yet?

It seems the cash shop is solid enough and more things can be added as well.

With one of the old MMO titans EVE Online going for a F2P model don't you think it's time to implement this for Anarchy Online as well?

What other hope is there for drawing more players to the game at this point? Would be so nice to see some more life in the game again.

The simplicity and nonstressfull life of froobs would disappear. But I agree, either that or make the subscription fee A LOT cheaper. Like simple 5 bucks. I would definately pay for more accounts then.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

we need to build a wall and make froobs pay for our subscriptions

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    we need to build a wall and make froobs pay for our subscriptions
    haha

As long as FC holds the IP for AO, a full F2P model will never happen. And here is why:
    Fact 1: FC dances on a knife's edge financially
    Fact 2: AO currently provides a steady (albeit slowly declining) stream of cash flows

Its not difficult to connect these two dots. Even if they might be able to gain new players in the longer run and get more cash from microtransactions, FC will not take that kind of risk. And who can blame them? I wouldn't do it either were I the CEO of the company.

I am fairly certain that a lower (and dare I say: fairer) subscription fee would bring back a good number of oldies who at the moment stay away because "its not worth this amount of money" which in turn would bring back players who quit due to the low population. But again, this is a risky move. So they won't do it.

If FC goes belly up, the IP might fall to a new company that will either pull the plug (because why bother), or will implement either F2P or a lower sub policy. Pulling the plug is more likely.

AO has a slim chance to be "made great again"
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

FC should somehow stop seeling credz from players i dont know what webside prodes it now but is nonstop spaming on icc. why should i pay 17euro for mounth if i can buy 3b credz for 7 euro and buy grace. IF FC fix it whould made some room for lower prices for play. in odher case if scenario stay like it is more and more player will quit becouse everithing on this game atm is about creds not for fun. in my opinion is this pure evil and ruining everthing .

other scenario how FC could earn some money is start seeling in store hard to get items like ACDC, burden, special nodrop version ellts pioneer backpack etc... and some specialities like tipe hekthor on other thread. on steam is lot of online games for free or much more cheaper i dont thing that if AO will be on steam lot of pleople will start play and pay.

But its only miopinion
    Snezofix fix 220/30/80
    Misicka snade 220/30/80
    Snehulienka MA 220/28/78
    Minalvin agent 220/30/80
    Doctorzhor doc 220/30/80
    Jesabell adv 200

Quote Originally Posted by rybycka View Post
    FC should somehow stop seeling credz from players i dont know what webside prodes it now but is nonstop spaming on icc. why should i pay 17euro for mounth if i can buy 3b credz for 7 euro and buy grace. IF FC fix it whould made some room for lower prices for play. in odher case if scenario stay like it is more and more player will quit becouse everithing on this game atm is about creds not for fun. in my opinion is this pure evil and ruining everthing .
    The reason FC doesn't really care about this is that someone somewhere still had to buy the GRACE key from them for $15. They aren't losing any money, technically the seller of the key is. If anything it probably nets them slightly more money as people come to the same exact conclusion you did which gives a small boost to the sale of GRACE from FC's shop.

I see no negatives making this game pay to win. i say yes to buyable beast armor, upgraded beast armor, acdc, and all the rest of the phats. for years and years and years the whiners complained over and over and the past game developers listed to these people and kept the pay to win model from success. these whiners only cared about their own characters leet ness and the time they invested in getting them there. I am glad most of these players are gone now. FC do the smart thing and let open the floodgates on the pay to win model. I also dont mind if you keep the subscription model either. do what you need to do to make moneys. If you can, try to hire another person or 2, and most importantly keep the revenue up so you dont have to lay people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    I dont think I matter to enough people, hmm, let me just throw a few more cats in among the pidgeons... infact lets throw a few more pidgeons in there too.
    Shut up.

I dont see any negatives in banning you and all your MB cheating cohorts!
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Shut up.

I dont see any negatives in banning you and all your MB cheating cohorts!
    stop derailing nub. if you want to challenge my ideas for this thread here then go ahead. If you wanna attack me for my mb work, there is a thread in knowledge database with soju's mb app. go there and attack me. dont be acting like some weird stalker trying to get your jab in even in irrelevant threads.

stop derailing nub. if you want to challenge my ideas for this thread here then go ahead. If you wanna attack me for my mb work, there is a thread in knowledge database with soju's mb app. go there and attack me. dont be acting like some weird stalker trying to get your jab in even in irrelevant threads.
    Stop derailing nub, I was serious when I meant I didnt see any negatives on banning you. I back that up here and now by saying I see none at all.

To say Im a stalker is nonsense. I dont think I have ever posted a response to any of your posts on MB or otherwise. I have always kept my thoughts to myself despite seeing the cancerous effect youve had on so much of teh population by your actions.

To ask for the things you have in your original post in this thread is just taking the proverbial leak on the legs of people who try to play this game normally.

To consider me a stalker is just trying to see yourself as important. Which ties into my first post. You arnt important enough to stalk, despite how much you might feel you are. Dream on, somebody needs to get over themself.

Dont be attacking me because I want to make a post. Dont try to control what I say or how I say it like some loser stalker.

You could of said I was a troll because I totally didnt even touch on the initial thread topic and you would of been right as I didnt so let me remedy that here and now by saying "I agree, it should be F2P or at least a heavily reduced sub."

Ok back to the important topic. Shut up Soju the cancerous destroyer. Nobody cares about the nonsense you speak. If you want the beast armor, upgraded beast armor, acdc, and all the rest of the phats you can buy them off anyone of the saddo soju clones out there that eat up your guide like candy.

You have made these items so easy to get its as simple as open up neutnet adverts and send tell to the sellers. These dont need to be available from Itemshop.
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

I would benefit so much more than the average player if this game was free or reduced sub. But im not oblivious to what a business is. Its not about me. Its about funcom and their future.

What is 15 dollars? Its lunch at a decent restaurant. Ill also tell you what $15 dollars is not. Its not a student loan payment. Its not a rent. Its not a nice gift for your children. The people that work here need money to stay employed and survive. The game industry pays the worst wages in tech and this is a known thing. They are expected to give above and beyond just because its a video game and they bank on the idea that their passion for games will make them work longer and harder than any other tech sector.

Also data centers cost money, hosting cost money, electricity cost money, air conditioning for that datacenter costs a lot of money, the tech that supports that facility costs money, game devs cost money, GM's cost money, human resources costs money, paying stakeholders costs money..... and you guys want this game to be free? If that happened, they would have to fire SO MANY PEOPLE. PEOPLE YOU NEVER EVEN THINK ABOUT TO APPRECIATE THE WORK THEY DO. ESPECIALLY GM's THAT LISTEN TO ALL YOU GUYS CRYBABY IN PETITIONS ABOUT NONSENSE AND MUST BE NICE TO YOU INSTEAD OF TELLING YOU TO F OFF LIKE YOU DESERVE.

Arguing with gresh :rollseyes:

There's only one guy on this forum who I consistently refrain from reading, because it usually makes my brain bleed, and it's gresh.

Not that I don't respect the guy, or the fact that he plays AO, I just seem to read like four words of his posts and decide to change tabs.

I see no negatives making this game pay to win.
    How to implement pay-to-win:
    • Let FC sell credits so players can buy anything they want in-game for real life dosh.
    • Let players multibox a full team that'll let them do 99.99% of all raids in-game.

Oh wait, you can already do that...
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    [*]Let FC sell credits so players can buy anything they want in-game for real life dosh.

)
    these credz dont sale drectly FC and that is sad becouse hese credz aro from exploits or i dont know. these website is very strange
    Snezofix fix 220/30/80
    Misicka snade 220/30/80
    Snehulienka MA 220/28/78
    Minalvin agent 220/30/80
    Doctorzhor doc 220/30/80
    Jesabell adv 200

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    How to implement pay-to-win:
    • Let FC sell credits so players can buy anything they want in-game for real life dosh.
    • Let players multibox a full team that'll let them do 99.99% of all raids in-game.

Oh wait, you can already do that...
    This. Selling phats in the ingame shop is stupid, and here is why: if people just buy phats for IRL cash, there will be no motivation to do raids. The guy with the RL cash will just buy it, and the loot rights seller will have no incentive to do the raid.
    Mind you, loot right sellers are not only MBers. Actually most of the time they are legit teams of players working together to earn a little cash. Bottom line is, that phats for $$$ will make the game even less active. What's the point then?
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

lazy people will always be lazy. what u say now is happenig now . guy with IRL cash buy credits and then buy item from seeler. it doesnt matter if its from MB or not. the my point on first post was to somehow eliminate seeling cerds from pofidere website. i agree that mi idea have lot of holes it was just idea for conversation and find out some solutions.

edit: i dont want it for me i never bout any peace of nodrop armor all wha ihave i hunt
    Snezofix fix 220/30/80
    Misicka snade 220/30/80
    Snehulienka MA 220/28/78
    Minalvin agent 220/30/80
    Doctorzhor doc 220/30/80
    Jesabell adv 200

Quote Originally Posted by rybycka View Post
    lazy people will always be lazy.
    i resemble that comment! also, if you want people to stop buying nodrops stop making raids that require 4-5 key professions (out of a possible 14) lol. i shouldn't have to log a poorly-geared alt to do a raid in order to loot an item on my finished main. if i do that i may as well just buy the lootrights and save my self the trouble of relogging after every kill
    Last edited by Lazy; Nov 29th, 2016 at 15:52:48.

Where do credit selling sites get their credits from? Are there players who farm them by, let's say, camping Nippy Slither, or are they using exploits?
    Last edited by Nursebones; Nov 29th, 2016 at 21:17:07.

i dont know but i think that its ffrom exloits u cant farm that much credz this time. so maybe its some super bilioner from past times or its exploits or its behind FC
    Snezofix fix 220/30/80
    Misicka snade 220/30/80
    Snehulienka MA 220/28/78
    Minalvin agent 220/30/80
    Doctorzhor doc 220/30/80
    Jesabell adv 200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast