Thread: All I want for christmas...

All I want for christmas...

Dear Santa,

I'd like /follow back in PvM.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

/follow in pvp for melee professions only would be more than wellcomed too.

Bellow I'll give 3 reasons why?
    1. Removing /follow was supposed to fix problem of multiboxers, but 95% (if not 100%) are using exclusively ranged professions like agents, fixers, soldiers ...
    2. Melee professions are already in trouble if they are snared or rooted, but without /follow now the deadliest weapon against any melee professions are area blinds ...
    3. Any ranged profession when attacked can just TAB then start using their specials, perks etc. Melee profession have to run up to attacker and very often have to look around to notice where attacke is located. That means loosing 2-3 seconds and in case of group pvp even more...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    without /follow now the deadliest weapon against any melee professions are area blinds ...
    try glancing at your minimap once in a while

Signed. Is very frustrating.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    No minimap in BS
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    No minimap in BS
    bs is where pvmers go to pretend they're pvping

1. Removing /follow was supposed to fix problem of multiboxers, but 95% (if not 100%) are using exclusively ranged professions like agents, fixers, soldiers ...
    2. Melee professions are already in trouble if they are snared or rooted, but without /follow now the deadliest weapon against any melee professions are area blinds ...
    3. Any ranged profession when attacked can just TAB then start using their specials, perks etc. Melee profession have to run up to attacker and very often have to look around to notice where attacke is located. That means loosing 2-3 seconds and in case of group pvp even more...
    100% No, nope, nada...
    If you allow meele follow in PvP, then you will see melee boxes in PvP. The only way to solve this where a unique melee action who allows to follow HOSTILE Players and Monsters - But if you do this a box can also follow the enemy. Example 6er Shade box....follow your enemy an same **** like we had. So i am for no follow. I also play shade on pvm and defiantly doesn't see a sense for follow. Move, you have legs and wasd for it. Normal games like World of Warcraft also doesn't have follow.

And btw awi the reason why melees got stronger symbs as ranged professions is why they have too run to the target. Btw Enforcer got charge, Keeper hook, shade vanish....
    Last edited by Hekthor; Nov 25th, 2016 at 14:53:39.
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C

i want for chritmas WU on my lvl 200 adv
    Snezofix fix 220/30/80
    Misicka snade 220/30/80
    Snehulienka MA 220/28/78
    Minalvin agent 220/30/80
    Doctorzhor doc 220/30/80
    Jesabell adv 200

First, totally agree to Hekthor!
    And as you can see, THIS PATCH SOLVED PROBLEMS WITH MBS! And players starting return to AO!
    As melee in pvp you have to run befor the enemy, because of the ****ty server sync! So even no really use for /follow in pvp!
    Every melee also can TAB and press q, instant turning towards the enemy! You only have to manualy walk instead of follow but since server sync, not big change...
    "losing 2-3 secs" well well guess this has more to do with your reaction time as with game mechanics^^
    And i guess if they allow /follow, they simply charm a monster or keep aggro from one and train em with 10 chars following it...can see the train coming xD

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    LoL i want to join you here on rudeness.

I play mele professions allot and i never ever needed /follow for pvp or pvm, i realy struggle to understand what people whine for.
    How hard is it to press W to run forward manualy and press some hotkeys for hotbar? that people cant multitask and plays a mmo makes me upset.
    Whats next? A irl breathing machine becose we cant play and breath air at the same time?

I don't personally care about the loss of /follow in pvm/pvp. As long as my own toons can /follow on eachother as I do quests, it's all good. I never needed /follow in pvm. Seems the PVP'ers are happy about the change, and if that makes them stay/resubscribe, I'm just happy that there's more people in the game
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Imo best deal is to block all special attacks of a player while blind lasts.
    That will bring tons of new approaches in PvP with blind rings, blind nanos and other things, as far as will make NT AoE blinds interesting to play with.
    Of course regular hits should still have a chance to land and deal damage, as far as perks and nanos.
    Another way is to decrease damage output by pretty solid amount while blinded.
    That will make sense to me, because, when you're blinded, you can't shoot/hit as good as you do while not blinded.
    /discuss
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

That's why blinds have AAO-drain.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld