Thread: Does This Run on Windows 10?

Exclamation Does This Run on Windows 10?

Haven't played in 7 years... decided to come back, game crashes immediately when trying to launch in Windows 10.... does this game run under Win 10?

I got it to run by lowering the resolution. Does the game not support 2560 x 1440 x 32? It is listed as an option but won't run with those settings.

Are you running the old client or the new client ?
    Are you running it fullscreen, or windowed borderless ?

The old client supports a maximum resolution of 2048x1536.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I'm running it in Win10, 2560 x 1440 x 32, in borderless window, new client. Works well enough. The new client still has bugs and crashes from time to time (and almost certainly in certain places) but for me it works better overall than the old one.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

The new client works upto 4k+
    The New client downloader link is on the main AO page.

http://imgur.com/a/1cOUA

You can gain a lot more stability by following this short guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYTZXoH59uo
    Last edited by Caloss2; Nov 30th, 2016 at 10:18:51.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Thanks for the help everyone! I haven't even tried the new client. Downloading now...

Does the new engine support DX12? It keeps prompting me for wanting Ver. 9.

Edit: Never mind, I'm stupid.
    Last edited by zeroxes; Dec 1st, 2016 at 03:37:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    You can gain a lot more stability by following this short guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYTZXoH59uo
    A) I vouch for this. On Nvidia my crashes went from average of hourly, regardless of activity, to none over 12 hours dual logged.

B) FUNCOM ... you need to pay this man. Or at least put a link to this video in the launcher.

Maybe an "!if ($new_engine = 1) { show_youtube_link; }" or something. Whatever. But given I can't be the only person who came back to see the new engine and almost left because of the crashes ... it would be a service.

Or at least redo the information in your own format. Anything to get the word out.

C) Honestly the video deserves it's own thread. I came here to search for it's link to make sure it was posted on the forums but there isn't a quick thread purely about it that I found with a simple search. Seems to just be in your massive thread o' knowledge and in a couple of Win10 threads.

PS. Thanks.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    A) I vouch for this. On Nvidia my crashes went from average of hourly, regardless of activity, to none over 12 hours dual logged.

B) FUNCOM ... you need to pay this man. Or at least put a link to this video in the launcher.

Maybe an "!if ($new_engine = 1) { show_youtube_link; }" or something. Whatever. But given I can't be the only person who came back to see the new engine and almost left because of the crashes ... it would be a service.

Or at least redo the information in your own format. Anything to get the word out.

C) Honestly the video deserves it's own thread. I came here to search for it's link to make sure it was posted on the forums but there isn't a quick thread purely about it that I found with a simple search. Seems to just be in your massive thread o' knowledge and in a couple of Win10 threads.

PS. Thanks.

Thank you, and you're welcome.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.