Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter Holidays - 2016 Are they on a timer?

Winter Holidays - 2016 Are they on a timer?

Last year Winter Holidays started on December 8th, a Tuesday ...

What is the timing for this year, are they on a timer, or patch?

Posted Dec7, 2015 by Michi:
    -------------------------------------

Winter Holidays 2015: December 8th - January 5th

Winter Has Come

Happy holidays, everyone! Anarchy Online's winter events will be starting December 8th and going until Monday, January 5th. Come join in for the festivities, collect your free gifts, and take advantage of some new membership offers!

Holiday Offer

Over the duration of this holiday season, a new set of Membership offers will be available, mostly centered around the new "Dust Brigade Parasite" suit of armor. These will be offered until the end of the holiday event, January 5th, 2016.

Christmas2015Offer.png

•Buy three months of Membership and receive one month for free, the Dust Brigade Parasite "Life Support System" (Back item), plus a Combat Nano Cans which boosts your XP gain by 50% for four hours.
    •Buy six months of Membership and receive two months for free, plus two Combat Nano Cans, and the Dust Brigade Parasite "Life Support System" (Back item) and "Pauldron" (Shoulder item).
    •Buy twelve months of Membership and receive three months for free, plus four Combat Nano Cans, and the full set of Dust Brigade Parasite armor, except the helmet (Back, Chest, Shoulder, Legs, Arm x2, Gloves, and Boots).

Itemshop News

12DaysOfDeals.jpg

Come celebrate the holidays with 12 Days of Deals!! Every day from December 14 through December 25th, there will be a special deal on one top-selling item in the Item Store.

Each deal is only available for one day, so don’t miss out! Make sure you follow @Funcom_Anarchy on Twitter to see the daily deal, or log in to the Item Store to check in.

For the duration of this year's holiday celebration, we will be offering two new items: the "Nophex 3D Printer: Holiday Edition" and the "Nophex 3D Printer: Deluxe Holiday Edition." The normal 3d Printer device will create a single item sure to bring some holiday cheer, while the Deluxe 3D Printer will give an item to all nearby team members!

The results of these items can be traded until they are right-clicked.

Active subscriptions will also be given a free "Nophex 3D Printer: Holiday Edition!" Additionally, claim a free Wrapped Present just for logging in!

Santaleet

Santaleet is back in the major cities on Rubi-Ka and will as usual hand out missions to help his Elfleets, so that they once again can bring happiness to the leets and citizens of Rubi-Ka. You will have to man up to face the alien forces that has infested Santaleet's workshop, and among them the terrifying alien fleet commander Grin'Cha.

The Elfleets have worked hard this year and created many of the previous years’ holiday content. By hunting down the winter leets in the major cities of Rubi-Ka, you will be able to take their gifts for yourself.

Gift-Wrapped Leet

The Gift wrapped leet has been too greedy and stolen shiny stuff from Santaleet again. He will be hiding under a christmas tree in Borealis, and it will be your task to help him clean up this mess so that he can celebrate the "Wintar holidals" like all the other leets.

Gingerleet

The adorably delicious Gingerleet returned to Rubi-Ka and is hiding from all the hungry people who would like to eat her. Drop by Stret West Bank if you would like to ask her for a snowball lantern or perhaps a gingerbread yutto tent. With a little assurance that you won't eat her, you might become her friend.

Father Time

Returning to wander around Rubi-Ka is Father Time. His exact motivations for visiting Rubi-Ka are unclear, but he seems to be searching for something. He will turn up in various places all over the surface of Rubi-Ka - Track him down and collect a unique memento from that encounter.

Father Time is less willing to pass on with this year, and is far better prepared to fight against aggressors. After a year of training, knowing that this fated encounter would happen, he is ready to face the hardened citizens of Rubi-Ka. In addition to learning some new techniques and strategies, engaging in Father Time will temporarily cause you to become PvP Enabled - Approach with caution!

Father Time has also happened upon some rare treasures, that he will not part with willingly.

Happy Holidays!

Once again, happy holidays, everyone! Regardless of what you believe or celebrate, I hope you all have a happy and safe end of 2015, and a great start to 2016!

Last edited by Michizure; Dec 12th, 2015 at 05:54:07.

No Xmas this year i think^^
    Last edited by Hekthor; Dec 9th, 2016 at 22:42:40.
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C

Quote Originally Posted by Hekthor View Post
    No Xmas this year i think^^
    Did you really have to quote an entire Wall of text?

Ontopic: Fc forgot about AO, don't expect anything but aids and arrogance.

Although it would be nice with some updates, as im about to re-sub soon.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    Did you really have to quote an entire Wall of text?

Ontopic: Fc forgot about AO, don't expect anything but aids and arrogance.

Although it would be nice with some updates, as im about to re-sub soon.
    Build the wall! :P
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

To be fair, no updates have happened for TSW either. I'd be more concerned if TSW was updated for winter content and AO wasn't.

No Christmas in AO as AO GD is too busy working on Conan Exiles ((
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

this years xmas offer is..

subscribe and give us money, we will not give you any patches and community updates.

ps give funcom a thumbs up when we relsease conan exiles.

I'm more and more afraid the Christmas event won't occur this year, which would be for the 1st time ever.
    Last edited by Sancus; Dec 13th, 2016 at 21:52:16. Reason: Sancus: Edited out religious comment.

When do the Santa Leets, etc. appear in-game? How long will they be here? Are there any renewal offers?

Emma
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Anarchy Online Holiday Celebration 2016

Its that time of year again when the Santa Leets are scurrying around Rubi-Ka checking their list and finding out who's been naughty or nice.

The Advisors of Rubi-Ka in conjunction with Gridstream Productions are throwing a Holiday Celebration:

Dates: December 17th
    Where: Newland City near Neuters
    Times: Saturday Dec 17th: 20:00 GMT (15:00 EST) - 24:00 GMT (19:00 EST)

There will be prizes and contests. We hope you will join us.

Consider yourself on the Island of Misfit Toys. Or, the Island of the Forgotten. I'm sure the FC staff have drained their glasses of spiked eggnog, worn the lampshades on their head and checked out for the rest of the year. It's lumps of coal for us. The AO community has been very naughty financing their endeavors on ventures that have nothing to do with us.

Thank you FC. You really have put the FU back into fun without even having to wrap it or put a bow on it. Grinches.
    ***My attention may be easy to get, but can you hold it?***

And despite all this, people keep on p(l)aying.
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

Quote Originally Posted by appolonia View Post
    And despite all this, people keep on p(l)aying.
    Stockholm syndrome.
    Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

Oslo even, in that case ;p

Can't really say we're ostages, we've sure lost any empathy for FC, and we'd sure like any authority to help.

Well, it seems FC finally succeeded at creating something !

And tons of alts !

Totally looking forward to coal here...it's fripping COLD! 18f/-7c atm. Does get colder, -4f last night.

18.8.18.2 is currently on test atm and it's kind of a mixed bag but Ill try and list everything.

1. Most if not all item shop items are now nodrop. examples: Token packs, VP packs, factions boosts, breed/gender changes, Nanocans, premium leet etc.

1b. 3 new Nanocans were added for General Abilities, CompLit and Treatment giving 20, 35 and 35. More or less makes everything that was close doable now and stuff still not doable were 50-100+ skills off anyways (Dshark Doc, 250 Art chest on 200s)

1c. Holiday pet nanos like christmas leet and halloween leet are nodrop also.

2. Lots of "Christmas Gifts" (29 total) added to database but what they give is mostly social so meh.

3. Illegal Ofab weapons lost their LE req, no other changes to them.

4. Silencer armor set scales to 220 now, other sets unchanged.

5. new "junior" ofab weapons added to database that appear to be the levelable weapons asked for like 1-2 years ago? No idea where to get them.
    Most are pretty bad as they should be tho some are very bad like Bow*/2HB/SMG/AR/Pistol. Either they have 50 crit from 1 to 220, slow speed, arguably weaker than the C04/870/C01 etc weapons at 220 and lack of specials on some weapons.
    Bow could work as a fast AS swap for some profs.

Junior Ofab Tiger
    NODROP
    Rarity: Exotic
    Quality level: 1
    Requirements:
    Wield:

On Self:
    Level from 1 and
    Aimed Shot from 15 and
    Fling Shot from 15 and
    Bow from 35

Ammo type: Arrows
    Damage: 10-25(50)
    Dps: 3.5-8.7(17.4)
    Speed:
    Attack 1.60s
    Recharge 1.60s
    Equip delay: 0.50s
    Initiative: Ranged Weapons Initiative
    Range: 30m
    Special: FlingShot Snipe
    Max beneficial skill: 100
    Attack skills: Bow 100%
    Defence skills: Dodge-Rng 100%
    Damage type: Disease AC

Junior Ofab Tiger
    NODROP
    Rarity: Exotic
    Quality level: 220
    Requirements:
    Wield:

On Self:
    Level from 220 and
    Aimed Shot from 1000 and
    Fling Shot from 1000 and
    Bow from 1500

Ammo type: Arrows
    Damage: 210-280(50)
    Dps: 73.1-97.5(17.4)
    Speed:
    Attack 1.60s
    Recharge 1.60s
    Equip delay: 0.50s
    Initiative: Ranged Weapons Initiative
    Range: 30m
    Special: FlingShot Snipe
    Max beneficial skill: 2000
    Attack skills: Bow 100%
    Defence skills: Dodge-Rng 100%
    Damage type: Disease AC

Thx Rockdizzle !

Pretty bad news about items shop items being nodrop...

And tons of alts !

Seems pretty smart to me, with people duping token packs etc...
    -Equilibrium-
    Perkable - 220/30 Crat
    Enforcblack - 220/30 Enf
    Blacklist - 200/30 Adv
    Blackhawkzz - 200/30 Crat
    Nano93 - 168/23 NT
    Blackhawkss - 164/22 Sold
    Black - 150/20 Enf
    Blackhawks - 126/15 Agent
    Cannibalz - 92/9 Enf
    Blackhawks00 -57/6 MP
    Blackhawkd - 29/3 Tard

Quote Originally Posted by appolonia View Post
    Thx Rockdizzle !

Pretty bad news about items shop items being nodrop...
    I think FC will find that they need to adjust their pricing of these items now to entice people to actually buy them to use, but aside from that it's not a bad change. Those items should have always been nodrop imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdizzle View Post
    1. Most if not all item shop items are now nodrop. examples: Token packs, VP packs, factions boosts, breed/gender changes, Nanocans, premium leet etc.
    I dislike this change because I pay FC enough money as it is. They should put all item shop items for sale in a normal booth to provide a proper credit sink. People are already paying 500m+ for a breed change...just have them buy it straight from FC at 500m.

Louderer for game director.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    I dislike this change because I pay FC enough money as it is. They should put all item shop items for sale in a normal booth to provide a proper credit sink. People are already paying 500m+ for a breed change...just have them buy it straight from FC at 500m.

Louderer for game director.
    That would mean bad business for them as many people sit on big piles of duped creds. I'm sad to see many items losing nodrop tag, but perhaps like the guy above me said - the prices could hopefully be fixed now. The only item i ever bought off itemshop has been ai3 anyway.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast