Thread: What happened to ClickSaver?

What happened to ClickSaver?

Ok, so I have been out of the game for a couple of years (maybe even a bit more than that), but last I played ClickSaver was free, GPL and open source?

Now it is closed source and full of nag-screens (find and press button with random letter to continue) unless you "donate" to the new maintainer...
    Hurtig 220 trox clan MP Atlantean (dream setup)
    Support the old players ... please FC!
    The Enforcer's prayer read it and live by it

i've never actually used any of those click bots. do people have a use for them?

The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
    Jensenberg - Crat | Equip |
    WeylanYutani - Enf | Equip |

Mish Buddy performs a similar function and many people seem to like it. I've never used it myself though. http://www.mmotoolbox.com/mbdl.htm

Odeleder got the goods, clicksaver works just fine. download 2.4.0 from ao universe
    Misslocomp 220/30/70 General of RKA UNITED
    and too many alts to list

Quote Originally Posted by Odeleder View Post
    Thank you. Version 2.40 did it for me.

Going to delete arpa3 version then. No more nagging-please-donate-or-I'll-nag-you-sum-more!!
    Hurtig 220 trox clan MP Atlantean (dream setup)
    Support the old players ... please FC!
    The Enforcer's prayer read it and live by it

The 2.40 version we have posted is the last "official" version that is supported. The only changes made to the final version from the original creator are those required to allow the software to work with game patches that broke it. We've always strongly suggested people use it versus others that are branches/mods which can contain ads, pay to use features, and in a couple of instances, malware. 2.40 is guaranteed to be safe and has a far better chance of obtaining helpful support if you run in to a problem.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

Or you can go with my version (which is based on the latest 2.4.0 source and still open source) and doesn't need manual patches for different Windows versions.

Details here.
    Bloody Pzychotic Noob | Trox Soldier | 220 | 30 | 70

Quote Originally Posted by pzychotic View Post
    Or you can go with my version (which is based on the latest 2.4.0 source and still open source) and doesn't need manual patches for different Windows versions. Details here.
    Not sure if you're referring to the one on AOU, but there are no manual patches needed for that version.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvana View Post
    Not sure if you're referring to the one on AOU, but there are no manual patches needed for that version.
    At least that was the situation when I started working on CS in April 2015. 2.4.0 didn't work for WinXP at that time, so you had to use an older version and some patched files (the AOU guide still has a paragraph on that topic linking to all the relevant forum posts).
    I see that the download for 2.4.0 is of a newer date by now and the sources it links to are from Dec. 2015, maybe things have changed in the meantime.
    Bloody Pzychotic Noob | Trox Soldier | 220 | 30 | 70

240 from the AO universe link "Failed to create local database". Anyone know what's up with that?

Edit: Read the db from a different AO installation (possibly unpatched) on a different partition. Fixed it.

/G13
    Last edited by Gene13; Jan 5th, 2017 at 11:41:37.
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtig View Post
    Thank you. Version 2.40 did it for me.

Going to delete arpa3 version then. No more nagging-please-donate-or-I'll-nag-you-sum-more!!
    I've actually donated and I'm happy with it with its features like rolling 30 missions per minute (for blitzing) and IotG (items on the ground) feature showing the location of the item for eazy blitz: http://arpa3.net/ao/clicksaver-for-donators.html