Thread: Best way to lvl up

Best way to lvl up

Hi,

iam currently lvl 196 iam planning on stop my xp at lvl 200 to do the researches first, so i can play the bs 151-200, i heard the others wont start often or neither 201-215.^^
    If i stop the xp gaining on my character somebody told me that the xp goes into my xp pool then.

Is this a good idea to stop at lvl 200 for the researches, or have you any advise for me how i should do it?

Not that i have so much xp in the pool after that and i dont use it anymore or something dont know how lvling after 200 goes.

Thx for the advises.

First of all STOP at 199 until you finish all level 9 research!
    Only then ding 200 and finish remaining level 10 research.

For level 9 and 10 research best way is to go 100% research and do old inferno missions (as you'll get more than 4 times more XP for research than from inf new missions).
    Some of XP will still go towards leveling or when you are 200 and dissable XP gains it will go to SK pool.

if you don't need the extra perk (or some equipment like level 3 research devices) you get from level 200, i'd suggest you stop at 199 for the research. You'll get a bit more XP towards research at 199. At 200 you'll start earning SK and that's why you'd get a bit less research. This only affects daily style rewards though. If you grind inf olds then it doesn't matter. If you do new inf and dailies only, then 199 is better.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

well this is probably the best way to level up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLT6BryzYpQ
    Immortalis was cast out to fight against the devilish creatures of satan. In god we trust and evil shall die!

Ofilenia - Martial Artist - Sauhaufen
    Carnista - Bureaucrat - Sauhaufen
    Alfakoile - Shade - Sauhaufen
    Metadrag - Meta-Physicist - Sauhaufen

Thx for the help!

The leveling in the video looks fast, but i dont have a Visa haha xD

if u want go to 220 dont stop go to 215 without res and start them at 215 on lvl 200 is much smaler XP cap so u will need much more ish for finish
    Snezofix fix 220/30/80
    Misicka snade 220/30/80
    Snehulienka MA 220/28/78
    Minalvin agent 220/30/80
    Doctorzhor doc 220/30/80
    Jesabell adv 200

Quote Originally Posted by immortalis View Post
    well this is probably the best way to level up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLT6BryzYpQ
    What about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8daAYvSZwH4?

hmmmm now iam a bit between the lines, iam planning to get to max lvl 220, so now i shouldnt stop at 199 and go 215? Any more opinions on that? Thx alot!

Well if you need the VP you'll most likely get it much faster at 151-200 BS since it runs regularly because of froobs. If you don't, just level away and do research when you need it.

The next BS range (201 to 214 or was it 215?) doesn't run much and until you have the best possible gear you'll be complete cannon fodder at the 220 bs. What rybycka said above about the smaller XP caps also only affects the daily style rewards. From old inf missions and mobs you get almost the same XP/SK that you would get at 215. So for research grinding, dailies and new inf sucks until 210+ but there's not much of a difference in you do old inf.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA

its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

I've been doing some dailies to level alts the last few days, and the 201-214 BS actually runs pretty regularly during EU evenings. 151-200 runs a lot, 215-220 sometimes continuously and sometimes 15min break, and 101-150 actually runs reasonably often too.

For more active play there seems to be quite a few inf teams going as well. Old inf often run by people like me who do research on a 220 and keep a lowbie tagalong, then fill the team with 4 randoms.

I do lvl 9 and 10 research on mission rewards and daily rewards, and xp/sk on everything else. My characters always have a bit of research left when they hit 220, but that is easily gained while levelling new alts or from dailies. Pretty sure they did something to the xp cap on lvl 10 research, as it seems to only take 10 daily rewards at lvl 220. For someone making their first 220 I wouldn't do all research before 220. First off it keeps you below 220 too long, and not all lvl 10 research is that important. And you can do dailies for it while getting teams and raids easier as a 220.
    Last edited by Beornin; Jan 11th, 2017 at 23:21:24.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin View Post
    Pretty sure they did something to the xp cap on lvl 10 research, as it seems to only take 10 daily rewards at lvl 220.
    They upped the research cap from 5% to 10%, for all levels, a few years ago.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Guys, to keep all info in a single thread - what is currently fastest way to level AI?

Quote Originally Posted by cjcaesar View Post
    Guys, to keep all info in a single thread - what is currently fastest way to level AI?
    • AI Daily every day. AI Daily mission from Palmeiro every 6 weeks once level 201+ alongside it.
    • The repeatable quests in Sector 10 once you're in the 101-150 range to top-up.
    • The repeatable quests in Sector 7 once you're in the 151-200 range to top-up.
    • Joining Sector 13, 28, 35 teams once you're 180+. (Can gain ±600k AXP or more in 60~90 minutes)
    • Arid Rift farming team once you're 201+. (Can gain 1-2M AXP per hour)

If you're not just sitting in kite teams till 150, the AI daily mission alone will keep you capped/close to capped until TL4.
    The LE Missions aren't really worth it, the AXP per kill isn't great, and you need to have at least a passable team to complete them (with no boss reward).

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    [LIST][*] Arid Rift farming team once you're 201+. (Can gain 1-2M AXP per hour)
    Thank you for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    • Joining Sector 13, 28, 35 teams once you're 180+. (Can gain ±600k AXP or more in 60~90 minutes)
    • Arid Rift farming team once you're 201+. (Can gain 1-2M AXP per hour)
    So... how often and what time of day does these happen especially for a tl5/6 character?

I returned last spring after a looong break and so far i haven't been able to get one single APF run or arid farm team even on any of my 220 characters, despite always having those activities on my lft message.

I'd love to do apf's and finally get some missing apf loot for my alts but it just doesn't happen. I usually can't play much on weekends so hodorraid is not a solution for me as it seems they only raid during weekends. Is there other raidbots around for clan? Or am i just unlucky to never get apf teams through lft?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    So... how often and what time of day does these happen especially for a tl5/6 character?

I returned last spring after a looong break and so far i haven't been able to get one single APF run or arid farm team even on any of my 220 characters, despite always having those activities on my lft message.

I'd love to do apf's and finally get some missing apf loot for my alts but it just doesn't happen. I usually can't play much on weekends so hodorraid is not a solution for me as it seems they only raid during weekends. Is there other raidbots around for clan? Or am i just unlucky to never get apf teams through lft?
    For a TL5/6 char, your best bet is raid bots that don't mind lower level chars joining. For a PUG, they'd want you to certainly bring something more useful than a 180, although if you are dual-logging it's generally fine as you'd only get 1 roll anyways. Raiding during the weekdays isn't as prevalent as it used to be, but if you slap up a neutnet/darknet message stating that you're starting a group for it you will find people (at least during EU hours, not certain about the rest of the timezones as I'm never around then).

Same goes for Arid Rift. Don't wait around for an invite, start the team yourself. To many people are passives these days, which is why to many the game seems dead.