Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Darknet - The new Shopping Network

Cool Darknet - The new Shopping Network

Hello AO,

If you have been active the past few days you probably already know about it but in case you don't, Darknet is a new Neutnet/Dnet like mass-messaging shopping network.
    It's about 5 days old and still in beta testing but so far everything is going well, if you are not a member already just do /tell darknet register, there are already ~700 members registered.

Darknet is here as an alternative to neutnet, the only game in town since dnet closed, a less strict alternative.

Darknet is based on my original 'Nephbot' with MongoDB instead of MySQL and ofc it's written in Node.js because PHP sucks.

You can find a link to the source code below. YES, I'm going to share the source code so you can host your own network with a few small changes to the code or even better you can help improve Darknet, up to you.

Enjoy.
    https://github.com/Nepherius/Darknet

P.S. All Feedback is welcomed, also I'm just an amateur programmer so the code proabably has flaws...what I'm trying to say is Please don't break my server, thank you
    Last edited by nepherius; Jan 1st, 2017 at 12:52:34.

Greetings, Nepherius!

I just wanna say thanks! It's really good to have an alternative.

Keep up the good work!
    Thanks to FC my name was changed from Assx to Asxx without saying any word. Thanks for this. You rly made my day. But it's cool that it took you only 9 years to find this name a violation of your rules of conduct. You guys must be really proud.

Assx - Shade - elected President of ImPacT

Hosting Orgbots & Teamspeak3 Server /tell Bothosting hosting

Good job buddy! Always working hard behind the scenes to try and help the ao community! Keep up the work bro, and Thankyou for this! Neutnet suxxxxx

I sent one of the early advertisers a tell about this in game, but what makes Neutnet superior (despite their trigger happy admins) is the ability to join Neutnet as a chat channel and assign it to a separate chat window. That way I can separate all Neutnet related messages from regular chat. It's annoying to have Darknet tells mixed up with private tells and it was the same thing that prevented me from using Dnet when it was still active.

I'm using Darknet currently to support it, but I will stop using it again if this feature is not implemented in the next few months as it simply annoys me too much to receive the messages as private tells.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Will join when I get online next.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

A history function would be handy.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    I sent one of the early advertisers a tell about this in game, but what makes Neutnet superior (despite their trigger happy admins) is the ability to join Neutnet as a chat channel and assign it to a separate chat window. That way I can separate all Neutnet related messages from regular chat. It's annoying to have Darknet tells mixed up with private tells and it was the same thing that prevented me from using Dnet when it was still active.

I'm using Darknet currently to support it, but I will stop using it again if this feature is not implemented in the next few months as it simply annoys me too much to receive the messages as private tells.
    Months? I'm a slow coder but not that slow ... It's already coded and working on local, next is adding a auto-warn/ban system for those who speak on the channel, just need a bit of free time. Should be up on live bot by Monday the latest.

History, I don't know about that. It's kinda low on my to do list.

+1 This, I was one of the first to send a ban worthy message though and all I got was "You're making it hard to run a no-ban bot;p" Love you tho <3
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

Quote Originally Posted by nepherius View Post
    If you put up a list of issues on GH, maybe some people can jump in and help you with your todo list.
    I won't have time to take a look at implementing a history command this weekend, but perhaps Monday/Tuesday I could have a PR up for you.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Months? I'm a slow coder but not that slow ... It's already coded and working on local, next is adding a auto-warn/ban system for those who speak on the channel, just need a bit of free time. Should be up on live bot by Monday the latest.

Sounds great - I'll check it out.

I wrote months since you are after all offering a free service to the community, and that is always something to be commended and not taken for granted

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Months? I'm a slow coder but not that slow ...
    we're just used to funcom time

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    we're just used to funcom time
    Months would be quite the improvement. I feel decade is becoming the term fitting for FC and their development speed.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Private channel is now open however the rules are quite strict, no talking in there, auto-warning/ban system implemented so ... just don't do it. Also updated !rules, a bit clearer now.

Thanks for using Darknet <3

Great initiative! I already see a lot of people posting here that aren't on neutnet.

It is however down at the moment, hope Meliz didn't get your bot chars banned already

It's an evil bug that so far I have not been able to replicate on local server that keeps crashing the bot...

Private channel is now open[...]
    Just need an autoinvite function when I log on now

Been a few days since I was online, but couldn't find one at the time.

There is WTB , WTS & LR .... but what do i use for WTT item X to item Y ?

Can do on neutnet: !shopping WTT X -> Y

:P

Quote Originally Posted by DrUrban-II View Post
    There is WTB , WTS & LR .... but what do i use for WTT item X to item Y ?

Can do on neutnet: !shopping WTT X -> Y

:P
    I'd say you could use WTS. You're just accepting a different currency than credits

Added Autoinvite.
    Added History - shows the last 20 messages.
    Also, History [channel name] to see the last 20 messages on a specific channel.

Added Autoinvite.
    Added History - shows the last 20 messages.
    Also, History [channel name] to see the last 20 messages on a specific channel.
    Nice work - big thank you from me!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast