Thread: Worth coming back?

Worth coming back?

I tried coming back about a year ago, the world was empty. I saw one person in 8 hours of playing. I'm curious, has it gotten better since the engine update or...?

Is up to you. I enjoy playing even if I am alone on server, but there are individuals that need crowd (I call them wow-ers)...
    I'm playing the game for like 7 years and I'm far from being bored.

If you feel the need to play it once a year - it doesn't worth ... at all
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Feels about the same to me-- a few hundred AO loyalists, which can be a lot if all in Bor or not if spread out across all of AO. There's also a steady stream of newbies who rarely stay. You'll find people mostly in ICC. Borealis, and Old Athens. We're going on Steam soon tm which will give a bump. The time of day also affects attendance, Euro prime has the most people on.

I returned during christmas and I've been positively surprised by the amount of people who plays.

The new starter area is usually packed with people who tries the game.
    Subway seems to be popular, as people are standing outside forming teams. Yesterday i formed a team while being at the deep end of subway.
    Totw is back to life with trains and what not. Able to form teams while inside.
    Foremans is active. Able to form teams inside.
    Smuggler's den is active. Mostly for the dailies.

The thing is: Most of these players aren't using the LFT system, so if you're used to making PUG's from a list of players you're out of luck. Meet people the good old way and you're golden.

I came back a few weeks ago after 3,5 years afk. I mainly play during EU evenings.

As mentioned above I too find noob area and subway well populated. ICC, Borealis and Old Athens always have people. 151-200 and 215-220 battlestations run all the time, and inferno teams are common.

That said I've noticed the game had moved even more in the direction of selling lootrights. This isn't in itself a bad thing, AS you can buy he nodrop you never seem to get, or buy something your character is too weak to team for. But it does create the impression lootrights is the way to go, while of course creating teams and doing content yourself is more enjoyable to the average player.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Quote Originally Posted by PigBrother View Post
    there are individuals that need crowd (I call them wow-ers)...
    Funny, I'd call solo players wow'ers
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Hi Masta.

Thanks for the replies. I logged in and actually saw a lot of people playing again! Wooooo

Yeah the gatheringpoints like OA grid, Borealis, BS, BS daily npc, market terminals, inf garden, inf Ergo are quite busy. As well as the Subway, TOTW and other noob areas.

I've been killing some dreads and selling lootrights, and the most common tell I get is: No idea what to offer these days, just came back a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin View Post
    That said I've noticed the game had moved even more in the direction of selling lootrights. This isn't in itself a bad thing, AS you can buy he nodrop you never seem to get, or buy something your character is too weak to team for. But it does create the impression lootrights is the way to go, while of course creating teams and doing content yourself is more enjoyable to the average player.
    To a certain degree this is because people are creating teams and doing content themselves, but either no longer need all the loot and sell lootrights to finance buying other stuff, or are looking for certain items themselves and sell lootrights to the rest instead of letting it rot. Instead of both me and you doing the same content over and over again to get the item we need, I sell you lootrights to the item you need when it drops, and you do the same for me.

I have had the itch to resub for over a month now but am looking for the right moment to ensure my wifey comes too from that evil game that starts with a W.......
    I promised myself to get a character to 220 but keep getting alt-tracked each time I come back. My Trader does call to me to come play it and the opening sound AO makes as you log in has haunted me since 2003.
    Main: - Vonshot: 217/26 Omni Trox Trader

Alts:
    - Nycrow: 191/11 Trox Fixer
    - Tanknip: 217/14 Trox Doctor, The Cookie Monster
    - Nightswan: 164/5 Solitus Crat
    - Ghostblade: 184/19 Trox Shade
    - Megachug: 57/5 Trox Enforcer
    - Kyllx: 51/5 Opifex Agent