Thread: Want to return as a paid player.

Want to return as a paid player.

Ive been active in the game on and off for the last year on unknown toons just to still play, ive made both clan and omni toons, i have avoided pvp due to not affecting things omni side with how some of the raid bots work. If i returned as a paid player i will be omni and happy to pvp for omni sorry clans and neuts but things need to change before or as this game hits steam.

I want to return to this game as a paid player but the monthly sub is just not value for money, I'm a long time charity worker and as so I'm unable to pay, the 3 - 6 month or the 1 year cost due to very limited funds. My only option is to pay monthly. where i can only afford £20 per month for gaming i tend to play EvE online as i can afford 2 accounts for my money where with AO i can only afford one. so i tend to go where i get more fun for my money. also I'm forced to pay in € too with also adds a bank charge for currency exchange from £ to €. a price reduction for this dated game needs to happen along with a load more content for all levels of the game including froob and sloob (there are still some with sloob accounts).

I've read some things on this forum recently are a very good idea.

open SL up for froobs and keep them level 200 no perks or research but let them use the items there, if they can get it on they can use it. after all twinking a froob is a lot harder then twinking a paid, as they don't have the research or perks to rely on.

reduce the cost of a full account to €9.00 per month, the guys outside of the EU will hate this but make it a world flat charge for everybody.

reinstate the sloob option for €4.50 again flat rate per month for everybody, this will open up the SL perks for froobs also put the gmi and mail system in this charge.

i know this is a bit of an expensive charge but a 1 time payment of €9.00 if a froob don't want a sloob change to there account for a lifetime charge to use the gmi and mail.

froob > sloob.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...free-month-plx

And over the years many more have been asked.

cost for me.
    £14.73 1x AO (€17.19)
    EvE online
    £19.98 2x accounts
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

Some fair points about prices, but do you really think the game needs more content?

I find the current game has a lot more to offer than I have time to do.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

You must have not played any high quality MMO in the past five years that doesn't ask for 18 euro a month.
    Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

Quote Originally Posted by Timba View Post
    You must have not played any high quality MMO in the past five years that doesn't ask for 18 euro a month.
    I've played most of them, but I'm very biased as AO was my first MMO love, and I've only played a few months at a time since I quit and gave everyhing away late 2005, so much of the content still feels new and unexplored to me.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin View Post
    do you really think the game needs more content?
    Giving SL (only SL) to the froobs would be enough for the froob player base, this would also give the paid players extra team mates too for questing and general leveling, but for the paid players they really need a strong story-line expansion like SL has. Even if it was an alternative way to get from 25-220.

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin View Post
    I find the current game has a lot more to offer than I have time to do.
    Ive played like many, all the games content in to the ground many times hence why many players sit in heck teams to level there alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Timba View Post
    Ive played a selection of mmo's and not many keep my attention after a month or two. there are not many about that rank as high in twink-ability that this game offers. also most i've played only cost £10-£15 per month. where this game has no real major update it cant justify its price no more. if it had regular content like nearly all the other mmo's out there the price for this game as it is now would then be worth it.
    Last edited by Rikaria; Jan 11th, 2017 at 13:21:33. Reason: multi quote
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

Quote Originally Posted by Rikaria View Post
    Giving SL (only SL) to the froobs would be enough for the froob player base, this would also give the paid players extra team mates too for questing and general leveling, but for the paid players they really need a strong story-line expansion like SL has. Even if it was an alternative way to get from 25-220.
    I have to agree with you, but have to wonder if it will do much beyond just having a bunch of new lvl 200 froobs thanks to kite hill.

As for the monthly fee, It certainly should be managed in a competitive level to other games, but it also has to be managed based on actual corporate expenses. Double edged sword.. if it's lowered, then they may not be able to afford infrastructure and any developer cost, unless there are an offsetting number of new subscriptions. Not to mention it gets challenging when Funcom also taken in large amounts of future subscription from people, who may have been enticed to pre-pay for some of the additional in game items.