Thread: Update the guides for Steam launch

Update the guides for Steam launch

Just a heads up that someone with current game-knowledge and free time should edit the noob guides to reflect the current game and economy.

Those of us lacking time or knowledge will be cheering you on and thanking you. You know you'd love that!
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Which noob guides are you referring to exactly?
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Which noob guides are you referring to exactly?
    "Fixerspy's ultimate noob guide" is a very detailed descpription of old noob island, which noone can access unless they have a char that was logged out there before new noob area was implemented. Probably very confusing to new players if they read it while in new noob area.

"Making easy money as a new froob player" is probably valid, but might need some changes to which items are worth getting and expected prices. Anything anyone wants to save time getting these days easiliy fetches 5-20mill.

"A guide for new players" links to prof guide for example, from 2003.

As examples. Most prof forums I believe have outdated guides too, but at least there newer threads often discuss many areas. This forum for new arrivals could benefit from a cleanup where outdated guides where archived. There would be fewer of course, but a few useful would be a lot better to a new crowd than a lot of outdated ones. Still, need someone to write them.
    Last edited by Beornin; Jan 12th, 2017 at 14:45:01.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin View Post
    Most prof forums I believe have outdated guides too[...]
    And no active professionals with Funcom hell-bent on doing nothing about
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

One day when I have finished my twinks, i'll be posting standalone up-to-date guides. Hopefully that wont take too long though :|
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

there is a good guide to new noob island over at ao-universe.
    and there is a bot which helps new players in the area. so for starting experience there are things. just not here.
    profession guides could use an update though. or a any guide at all. think at least agents don't have one at all. at least i couldn't really find one.
    Behoernchen - Adventurer - SEMPER FIDELIS