Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am sure this has been said

I think they reconfigured the store and created the adventuring packs specifically for Steam. Pay To Not Learn The Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nursebones View Post
    Steam will have the same effect as the new engine had - insignificant. The current GD and the current FC management can't produce the changes needed to revamp this game. We'll have to wait for FC to go bankrupt again after the new Conan and hope that this time the mogul doesn't bail them out. They need a take over from someone who stops the spiral of incompetence and fires 90% of them, including all AO stuff, starting with the terrible moderators which kept only the fanbois on the forums and created a climate in which a hack can become this game's GD just because he's kissing the previous hack GD's ass.
    harsh.

Make GMI "froobable"
    Make new Professionals who can then work together on updating guides
    Make Neut shops 25% cheaper than they currently are.
    ???
    Profit

My view to be a good start for new players.
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

It's not gonna be the economy that pushes people away, but the unfriendliness of the game towards newbies. You start the game with 0 info, 0 tutorials, 0 directions.
    A new player has to figure out for himself that spending IPs in useless stuff will have a bad effect on that character, or ask in-game(to which he might get a sarcastic answer that will further cripple that character more). He has no info on places to level up, unless he reads hundreds of forum pages or guide-pages on external websites.
    The in-game map is horrid, a new player will NOT find anything if they don't use a proper map(which they need to get from external sources, again). Then we have item assistant, click saver, clicker...and the list continues.
    The new engine is buggy and doesn't run on crappy machines(like my laptop), so players will choose the old one. Only veterans of AO see the game for what it really is while ignoring the graphics...a new guy will just go UGH! and move on to the next cartoonish MMORPG.
    I only foresee about 2 out of 20 players continuing the game after their first week and only one of those will become an actual customer for FC. And I feel I'm being generous about these numbers.

If you want to point fingers at someone for ruining AO, you need to point in 2 major directions:
    1) The management team who has administrative control over the developer team(an absolute major fail for ANY game, letting the creative part get crushed by the money part).
    -cutting budgets, wagers, lay-offs, difference in subscription cost, promising new stuff and releasing 8 years later or not releasing all together, lack of communication.
    2)The small % of people who released and actively used exploits in order to empower themselves or to crash the economy with duped credits/items.
    -low-life scum people with social insecurities so deep embedded into their personalities that they have to cheat in a game in order to feel gratification in a single part of their lives, the virtual world everybody else just hides in, or has fun in.

Take it from us, Steamies(is that the new name for steam-noobs?), this is a lovely game with a real society based on the exact same rules that apply to your real life. In here you will make friends, enemies, you will be cheated on and you will cheat versus others in some way, you will have to manage your expenses better than the average accountant and you will get involved in politics, warfare and drama on a daily basis. Welcome to Anarchy Online!
    PS: if you buy the game you get to wear the actual stuff everyone has equipped and you will get all these new extra areas to /afk or buy lootrights in. Oh and buttons! Many many other buttons!
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    A new player has to figure out for himself that spending IPs in useless stuff will have a bad effect on that character[...]
    Suggested IP distribution button?

He has no info on places to level up
    Starter area is starter area. NPCs guide you towards dungeons like Subway and ToTW afaik.

The in-game map is horrid, a new player will NOT find anything if they don't use a proper map(which they need to get from external sources, again)
    The RK map that used to be an external resource is now included with the game. I'm a little unsure if it's the default option.

The new engine is buggy and doesn't run on crappy machines(like my laptop)
    Yep, it still crashes sometimes. If you have an old laptop that's your problem imho. You'll loose a few players to it, but in the big picture that won't make a difference. You're not gonna run modern games that well on your ****ty old laptop either.

Only veterans of AO see the game for what it really is while ignoring the graphics...a new guy will just go UGH! and move on to the next cartoonish MMORPG.
    Has been disproved by game after game. I just took a stab at EQ and it's absolutely horrible to look at not to mention the controls are even worse than AO. Guess what, they have 21 active servers (20 paid servers 1 free-to-play iirc) and the game is older than AO by a couple of years.

Anarchy Online could be a huge ressource for Funcom if they managed it correctly. Old players and programmers may be good at developing the game, but they have zero clue about creating and managing a viable business model.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Suggested IP distribution button?
    When I first started playing the first thing a friend told me about the skillsystem was to never ever use the that button.
    Told me it will horribly f*** up my char.
    Maybe they made it better ( its more then 10 years back ) but I doubt it.
    Despite that there is no instruction on how to skill in any mmo that I know of.
    No game will tell you "no don't skill that it us stupid for you".
    You always have to visit forums or other guides to figure that one out.
    Only difference is that AO has a lot more options in what to skill.
    Behoernchen - Adventurer - SEMPER FIDELIS

Quote Originally Posted by Behoernchen View Post
    When I first started playing the first thing a friend told me about the skillsystem was to never ever use the that button. Told me it will horribly f*** up my char.
    He lied.

Is it the super-optimal way of distributing IP? No. Is it adequate for anyone learning the game until they have a better grasp on their character/profession? Yes.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    He lied.

Is it the super-optimal way of distributing IP? No. Is it adequate for anyone learning the game until they have a better grasp on their character/profession? Yes.
    And the IP spend isn't huge issue for leveling character. Now if one was making lowbie twink I could see a problem.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

If that is the case alright. I never tried it. Always looked up or asked someone how to spend IP if I didn't know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    And the IP spend isn't huge issue for leveling character. Now if one was making lowbie twink I could see a problem.
    I would assume that someone making a lowbie twink already knows what he is doing.
    Behoernchen - Adventurer - SEMPER FIDELIS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12