Thread: Assault Rifle is dead, but only because you want!

Lightbulb Assault Rifle is dead, but only because you want!

Greetings all.

As you may know Assault Rifle Soldiers are dead (at least in endgame).
    You see them as SMG soldiers, Crit Shotgun setup, Energy with AS, and so on... Point is: AR is not doable, the damage in PVM is way too low compared to the other available options.

I was thinking about this and then it came to my mind: Why the hell a Assault Rifle has the same Full Auto cap as a SMG? Assault Rifle is hold with two hands, it's more precise so it should be higher!
    If the AR FA cap would change to 25k damage (for example) would make a 220 AR soldier doable at least in PVM! It's a shame that the Soldier main weapon isn't an option nowadays :/

The changes in PVP would be close to none, as a soldier using a Assault Rifle would loose Aimed and Fling Shot. Please give it a thought

Leite

Leite / Hwguy / Lordofpain / Queen

FA should be uncapped so *Every* bullet counts, wit ha FA skill of about 2500 that would be a possible hit with 25 bullets witch would be around ... 20k-25k damage after all damage nerfs applied. half damage after X bullets, then half again after Y or whatever it is.
    This has been mentioned numerous times but we're still here in this ****ty 15k void.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Full auto may have the same 15k dmg cap, but it takes much less fa skill to get to the 11s recharge (1850ish vs 2425ish iirc on xan weps) This means the minute you can equip the AR you are most likely going to have capped recharge or close to it. Also you can use alpha eye and/or brain symbiant instead of an EoE and/or ado brian which allows casting of the top single taunt at endgame, and remain at the 11s full auto recharge.

This argument can be made for a few professions now (good or bad idk), where there is a non-standard weapon that does produce higher damage output. PDKP crat is probably the newest addition to this list. The "balance" imo comes from the fact that in most cases these new setups require having a few slots permanently occupied by some item(s) that could have a more balanced or swap-able item alternative while remaining at optimal weapon performance.

AR soldier is still better imo for tanking and ofc better for pvp with that noticeably higher attack rating (hotswap for AS). AR is also better for low budget setups, non-atrox, and level ~210+ setups.

No FA cap for AR would probably make me want to play my D-Shark Advy more... But, I'd never switch my sold from SMG's to AR. The Anger looks like an oversized hair dryer. :P
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

I think it looks like an AWESOME hair dryer xD

Leite / Hwguy / Lordofpain / Queen

I always thought it looks like one of those hand held vacuum cleaners, while kyr pistol/energy pistol looks like a hair dryer. And Kyr Carbine looks like a leaf blower
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Something has to be done about FA overall for Assault Rifle soldiers to be able to catch up. I said in another thread that for PvM purposes it would be better if the FA damage was doubled and had it's cooldown increased to 22s. So 30k every 22s would be better in terms of damage than 15k every 11s, due to lost auto attacks during the reload.

However, with the added glancing hits and evades counted into it the result could be even worse than it is now
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.