Thread: Reintroduce lost items

Reintroduce lost items

The 18.7 patch came with a major clean up of shop inventories and mission rewards. In many cases this is either more newbie-friendly or more convenient for everyone.
    In some cases however, we've lost access to useful items. Some examples:

Hacked Boosted-Graft: Advanced Shielding Barrier
    One of the Grafts not available from the broker in Smugglers Den. 343 AC's without profession requirement.

Hacked Blister Pack with Rifle Mastery
    A +50 rifle buff without profession requirement.

Nano Crystal (Throwing Knife Expertise)
    A +20 Sharp Obj buff that isn't covered by any of the composites. Nice if you're throwing lots of Kizzermole Gumboils.

Nano Crystal (Adventuring Expertise)
    A +20 adventuring buff that isn't covered by any of the composites. Since it may not be obvious why this is useful; it can be used to equip a Robust Backpack

Nano Crystal (Treatment Expertise)
    A +20 treatment buff. If you bought a can with Computer Literacy Mastery, your Composite Utility Expertise gets canceled, but Treatment Expertise can be used together with it.

Nano Crystal (Weapon Enhancement)
    A +5 damage buff without profession requirement, that you can cast on yourself and your pets.

Nano Crystal (Improve Health)
    A +10 health buff that stacks with every other health buff.

I feel these items are relatively small advantages that were probably not removed for balance reasons. Existing characters who have them also got to keep them.

My suggestion is to add an NPC or terminal somewhere, for example in the Borealis Antique shop, with all the old expertises, proficiencies, ability boosts, grafts and blisterpacks. This way the general stores remain clean and newbie-friendly, while experienced people looking for minor gains can still get them.

We lost https://aoitems.com/item/202848/threat-of-the-bully/ too.
    +14 2hb buff for enfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Saavick View Post
    Hacked Boosted-Graft: Advanced Shielding Barrier
    One of the Grafts not available from the broker in Smugglers Den. 343 AC's without profession requirement.
    Because everyone need 343 ACs lol.

Nano Crystal (Throwing Knife Expertise)
    A +20 Sharp Obj buff that isn't covered by any of the composites. Nice if you're throwing lots of Kizzermole Gumboils.
    Actually it is covered by one: https://aoitems.com/item/302158/comp...ess-expertise/

Nano Crystal (Adventuring Expertise)
    A +20 adventuring buff that isn't covered by any of the composites. Since it may not be obvious why this is useful; it can be used to equip a Robust Backpack
    Only real need for this is that backpack from ICC Commendations, but overall that isn't needed.
    (Robust Backpack is taken care of through implants 210 from ql 200s easily done at the level req plus your base skill)

Nano Crystal (Treatment Expertise)
    A +20 treatment buff. If you bought a can with Computer Literacy Mastery, your Composite Utility Expertise gets canceled, but Treatment Expertise can be used together with it.
    Think their point is such that if you buy that, you also buy the treatment nano can. But overall yeah, that would be nice for those that would ever buy that can. ^^

Nano Crystal (Improve Health)
    A +10 health buff that stacks with every other health buff.
    Get out of here min-max pvper.
    Last edited by Legendfluf; Jan 19th, 2017 at 19:09:30.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Not sure why they removed the boosted grafts. Having a ql 200 hacked boosted graft with <weapon-/nano-skill> incompetence was awesome for duels since you could use them while in nano recharge, and they have 100% chance to land. Debuffing 20 1he on that twink enf to put his weapon in OE, while in nano recharge from layer spam was <3

Quote Originally Posted by Zqagent View Post
    Not sure why they removed the boosted grafts. Having a ql 200 hacked boosted graft with <weapon-/nano-skill> incompetence was awesome for duels since you could use them while in nano recharge, and they have 100% chance to land. Debuffing 20 1he on that twink enf to put his weapon in OE, while in nano recharge from layer spam was <3
    I think maybe you just explained why
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    This.
    Also, my personal favourite: https://aoitems.com/item/94229/hacke...ser-deflectio/

Oddly enough... I still have a full backpack of Hacked Blister Pack with Lesser Deflection Shield (Extended)'s.

we lack the LR energy weapon buff also , 20 ranged energy stacks with the composit , you can still get it from someone that had it uploaded, but we have no way of getting the nano for ourself now.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkishpunk View Post
    we lack the LR energy weapon buff also , 20 ranged energy stacks with the composit , you can still get it from someone that had it uploaded, but we have no way of getting the nano for ourself now.
    why don't they just fix it so that they dont stack? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    #BAN_SOJU

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    We lost https://aoitems.com/item/202848/threat-of-the-bully/ too.
    +14 2hb buff for enfs.

if you need that buff it can be acquired on icc shuttleport. I still have an enfo on icc shuttleport, and I can farm the basic enfo nanos there if needed. I should probably gather a backpack of those nanos if theyre discontinued....

Any idea why they removed all of the blister packs??? They were really cool and useful. Why not just leave the really useful ones and remove the ones that nobody needed at all?
    Last edited by Blazeit420; Feb 10th, 2017 at 23:11:37.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    #BAN_SOJU

I was just planning today to make a lvl 25 1hb enf twink.

Can you tell me when you are online so i can grab one of those from you ?

They're unique btw, so unless you got more than 1 toon on noob island, you can't get them. I happen to have a toon there, but other profession.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazeit420 View Post
    if you need that buff it can be acquired on icc shuttleport. I still have an enfo on icc shuttleport, and I can farm the basic enfo nanos there if needed. I should probably gather a backpack of those nanos if theyre discontinued....
    Where? The nanos from that shop have changed to what's on Arete... would like to know where you would get it now on ICC Shuttleport.

Unless you're on a different ICC Shuttleport that isn't ingame, then you can't get it from there.
    Last edited by Legendfluf; Feb 21st, 2017 at 19:28:43.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.