Thread: Dustbrigade Operative Chestpiece 35% Add. Nano Dam.

Dustbrigade Operative Chestpiece 35% Add. Nano Dam.

Dustbrigade Operative Chestpiece lists 35% Add. Nano Dam.

Other items, like OFAB chest lists Modify Direct Nano Damage Efficiency.

Anyone know what the Operative chest actually does, or have testes it?
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

that a weird add. damage type.. Nano dam. hmm operative boots have it too. Ingame it says nothing about % so i assume it just adds 35+ damage on a nuke? or perk? i tried to see a huge difference with a small crat nuke on a punching bag. did 555 cold dmg. with chest, and 520 cold dmg. without.. so there was no additional +35 damage on it..
    Immortalis was cast out to fight against the devilish creatures of satan. In god we trust and evil shall die!

Ofilenia - Martial Artist - Sauhaufen
    Carnista - Bureaucrat - Sauhaufen
    Alfakoile - Shade - Sauhaufen
    Metadrag - Meta-Physicist - Sauhaufen

I don't think it works like one would think, like adding + 35% damage to perks and or nukes, witch BTW would be pretty op.
    I think it does nothing atm.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Yeah +35% damage would be so huge I'd expect all NTs to wear one. And haven't seen any wear it yet.

Might just be a flat +35dmg, which is kind of useless on top of 10-25k nukes.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

it's not even added on nukes! those nukes usually do a specific type of damage e.g. Radiation damage or cold damage. So they will only get 1x +35 damage.
    I have no clue who or what is dealing "nano damage" tho.. I think agent do have somthing that does "nanobot" damage iirc.
    Immortalis was cast out to fight against the devilish creatures of satan. In god we trust and evil shall die!

Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

Seems feasible, i remember some shade perks being affected so that's prolly it.

However, i'm not sure that anything in game actually gets affected by this +damage, all those perks listed there simply add to the damage type, but i think that the damage type itself is actually missing.
    If anybody knows better please enlight us
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Jan 23rd, 2017 at 19:40:33.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Seems feasible, i remember some shade perks being affected so that's prolly it.

However, i'm not sure that anything in game actually gets affected by this +damage, all those perks listed there simply add to the damage type, but i think that the damage type itself is actually missing.
    If anybody knows better please enlight us
    It has a damage type, which is "nano damage" (stat 315). Not sure how this stat is used in nano damage calculation, however.. I suspect it might be leftover from older days when your +nano dmg stats also affected incoming nano damage? I think the "direct nano damage" modifier was added to circumvent that bug. Or maybe it was the other way around. It's been too long...
    Last edited by Demoder; Jan 24th, 2017 at 01:15:41.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

The confusing part is, AOItems lists it as percent, when it's just a static number. This is the case most notably with Agent damge proc nanos. AOItems calls it percent, when it isn't. Just a little mix up.

"Nanobot" damage certainly still exists, but seems to be mostly used in instances to deal damage to players that can't be reflected or absorbed.

If you want to see "Nanobot" damage in action, after Beast is dead, drive your "Phasefront: Westerlund Loungemaster" over his platform to be insta-killed by it
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    If you want to see "Nanobot" damage in action, after Beast is dead, drive your "Phasefront: Westerlund Loungemaster" over his platform to be insta-killed by it
    LoL is this actually going to happen? weird thing.. Only with the Loungemaster tho? :P

Quote Originally Posted by immortalis View Post
    LoL is this actually going to happen? weird thing.. Only with the Loungemaster tho? :P
    I watched it frag GM's when I reported it too
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm