Thread: Make bracer of growing flesh affect character size when put in social slot

Make bracer of growing flesh affect character size when put in social slot

I like trox, and I like them big.

I would really like to have bracers of growing flesh equipped, but it's too much of a sacrifice to give up the slot during gameplay.

Why not have the growth effect function also when the items are put in the social tab? Afterall, larger character is mainly a social thing. It's hardly a benefit.

If it's not too hard to code, please make it so!
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

They removed the scale effect from those bracers with 18.7 so the bracers are completey useless currently.

Ok, I'll rephrase then.

Add the effect to social tab only!
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Quote Originally Posted by kemi View Post
    They removed the scale effect from those bracers with 18.7 so the bracers are completey useless currently.
    Yeah, why the **** did they have to go and do that?

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene13 View Post
    Yeah, why the **** did they have to go and do that?

/G13
    Probably because some characters were visually bugged in inf missions/bs, so they decided to remove many items/buffs that made you bigger.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    Probably because some characters were visually bugged in inf missions/bs, so they decided to remove many items/buffs that made you bigger.
    Nah, it had to do with some range in pvp, according to current GM, it was slightly affected. Should be some post about it, I am too lazy to look it up.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    Nah, it had to do with some range in pvp, according to current GM, it was slightly affected. Should be some post about it, I am too lazy to look it up.
    Then they should fix their code. Height and range should not be inter-related. Bad coding if so.

There are vet nanos that do this now. Social but truly social, no attacking.

That's all you're going to see. Size became an exploit and it's easier on a shrunken team (heh, as in FC devs) to disable rather than fix something that touched a lot of functions.

I don't disagree with you, just stating the current state of the state.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    i'm pretty sure it had to do with enfos abusing size to have a negative scale and be unclickable but what do i know, i allegedly don't play this game

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    i'm pretty sure it had to do with enfos abusing size to have a negative scale and be unclickable
    Because tabbing or Alt+tabbing couldn't work? Who clicks characters now-a-days ^^

And somebody already asked for the scale items to work in social in the past, which ofc we haven't been given :/
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...-social-please

And here's the thread that was talking about the bracers being removed... at least from players talking about it:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...haracters-size
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    Because tabbing or Alt+tabbing couldn't work? Who clicks characters now-a-days ^^
    apparently the devs saw it as a big enough issue and fixed it. also, issue is less that you can't click them and more that you can't see 1 pixel charging at you with mongo rage up mashing their perk alpha keybind with their face
    And here's the thread that was talking about the bracers being removed... at least from players talking about it:http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...haracters-size
    a couple rpers whining does not a good thread make. idk why people want to waste precious dev resources on rp bs instead of fixing real mechanics issues lol
    Last edited by Lazy; Feb 11th, 2017 at 07:07:42.

a couple rpers whining does not a good thread make. idk why people want to waste precious dev resources on rp bs instead of fixing real mechanics issues lol
    Oh please, take that stick out of you ass, you might hurt something. It's not like the constant PvP whining that this board has turned into is that much more entertaining. They broke something to fix something else, which isn't fixing stuff at all. Pretty much the same **** they pulled with /follow.
    And it says RP on the ****ing box.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.

XXX - N

Quote Originally Posted by Gene13 View Post
    Oh please, take that stick out of you ass, you might hurt something. It's not like the constant PvP whining that this board has turned into is that much more entertaining. They broke something to fix something else, which isn't fixing stuff at all. Pretty much the same **** they pulled with /follow. And it says RP on the ****ing box./G13
    lol. they have a special section for you people. it's called the 4th wall. go whinge there and leave the normal forums for normal people.

Or, they could just put a cap on scale reduction , say - 80% maximum so you never go below 20% scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    #BAN_SOJU

lol. they have a special section for you people. it's called the 4th wall. go whinge there and leave the normal forums for normal people.
    Yeah, they made one for you too:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/440900/discussions/5/

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.

XXX - N

conan **** ip.