Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is the pricing structure ever gonna be looked at?

Yep, I had all 8 slots filled-- not really used a whole lot-- level 30's & 40's mostly. I didn't like the way I had managed the soldier so decided to delete and re-roll. No points now. Really wanted the recall beacon.

You accrue paid points from the start of the sub. They give you the points up front not at the end of the period. So if you sub for a year you get a year's worth right away.

They mentioned ... recently ... veterans points may happen again. I don't recall which thread but, well, cross your fingers.

Otherwise the Beacons should be available for Victory Points. Hell, EVERYTHING from Vet Points should be available for Victory Points. Maybe x1000 points (ie, 10K Victory points for a SL/RK beacon, 50K points for Insurance, etc).

No good reason those items are unobtanium to new players.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    They mentioned ... recently ... veterans points may happen again. I don't recall which thread but, well, cross your fingers.

Otherwise the Beacons should be available for Victory Points. Hell, EVERYTHING from Vet Points should be available for Victory Points. Maybe x1000 points (ie, 10K Victory points for a SL/RK beacon, 50K points for Insurance, etc).

No good reason those items are unobtanium to new players.
    FC wants new players to buy the beacons from the item store where they are not account wide and they cost a huge amount of real money each.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Yeah, I just found them in the shop while trying to figure out where the OE retro pads were.

Looked at the cost.

My comment stands. And feels more relevant to the OP in this thread.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

All I will say in regards to FC gouging on both a subscription model AND a pay-2-win Item****eShop is that I no longer sub as many accounts OR use the Item****Shop.
    No FC, that's not how this works...You don't get to gouge us on both, sorry. Voted with my wallet in the only clear way possible.

AO monthly charges are too high, as are the stupid Item****Shop prices too.

No. More.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12