Thread: I have a suggestion

I have a suggestion

I decided to re-sub for a month just to see what was up. I have never publically spoken out against Funcom and everyone from Funcom that I have met has been extremely kind to me, and I sincerely appreciate that. This isnt a personal attack on anyone, but I have to say enough is enough. The fact that AO still requires $15 a month to play is sickening. There are games in maintenance mode with a F2P model that receive more bug hotfixes that AO. How many times is GMI going to get borked?? It's becoming a joke now. You petition and no one gets back to you for hours upon hours. The rebalance has caused more imbalance than before, which is a shame because the game was balanced rather nicely for many years, it just needed some minor tweaks. The new engine is just.a joke, it is an embarassment and a slap in the face to those who waited nearly ten years for it. I understand that budget and staffing is an issue, of course, but now the game is turning into a joke. The economy is ruined, yet again, due to dupers and exploiters(most went completely unpunished and are still duping daily.) The Steam release is going to turn into a crapshow; NO ONE will stick around and play a game that constantly gets hacked and is so consistently broken. I am not trying to persuade any AO players to stop playing and I am not trying to insult anyone, I guess it was just a shock to see such a historic game in this current state. So yeah, I unsubbed. It was a massive disappointment. My suggestion is either crap or get off the pot. Perhaps just have a B2P model and let the game ride off into the sunset.

What is the suggestion?

Please "Xzeep" It - Atrox Fixer - 220/30
    Dictator of Small Hands of Trump

Please "Halpme" - Nanomage Enforcer - 220/30
    "Tolerable" - Nanomage Adv - 220/30

Quote Originally Posted by xzeepo View Post
    what is the suggestion?
    Quote Originally Posted by sharptony View Post
    my suggestion is either crap or get off the pot.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****_or_get_off_the_pot
    Well, there is a wikipedia page for it, but FC really dont like the word ****.

/G13
    Last edited by Gene13; Feb 1st, 2017 at 09:00:13.

Bye bye. I won't miss your negativity!
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by SharpTony View Post
    I decided to re-sub for a month just to see what was up. I have never publically spoken out against Funcom and everyone from Funcom that I have met has been extremely kind to me, and I sincerely appreciate that. This isnt a personal attack on anyone, but I have to say enough is enough. The fact that AO still requires $15 a month to play is sickening. There are games in maintenance mode with a F2P model that receive more bug hotfixes that AO. How many times is GMI going to get borked?? It's becoming a joke now. You petition and no one gets back to you for hours upon hours. The rebalance has caused more imbalance than before, which is a shame because the game was balanced rather nicely for many years, it just needed some minor tweaks. The new engine is just.a joke, it is an embarassment and a slap in the face to those who waited nearly ten years for it. I understand that budget and staffing is an issue, of course, but now the game is turning into a joke. The economy is ruined, yet again, due to dupers and exploiters(most went completely unpunished and are still duping daily.) The Steam release is going to turn into a crapshow; NO ONE will stick around and play a game that constantly gets hacked and is so consistently broken. I am not trying to persuade any AO players to stop playing and I am not trying to insult anyone, I guess it was just a shock to see such a historic game in this current state. So yeah, I unsubbed. It was a massive disappointment. My suggestion is either crap or get off the pot. Perhaps just have a B2P model and let the game ride off into the sunset.

Im with you. AO running ina B2P model with regular maintenance would be the best to happen to a 16yo game, noone will keep paying 15 bucks and the ones using GRACE just cant afford the constant cred inflation by just playing 1h,2h /day.
    Meanwhile ill sit with my accounts down till i see this game going anywhere.
    Somne 220/30 Advisor of Equilibrium7
    Mercha 150/20 Advisor of Equilibrium
    Slynn 60/6 President of Equilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Better stick to killing. Youre much better ganker than song writer.

Oh crap, I just remembered I still have an active sub.

I actually tried to play AO last month and the patcher broke, then windows wanted to remove the link, so I let it because I wasn't paying attention... I um retarded I guess. Time to cancel the sub, I can't even remember the last time I played.