Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PDKP Agent

Agents with a Gan'kar will push 390-400k DPM tops maybe a bit more in raids atm which even Pistol Agents can out dps so the margin is pretty big.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    Doing trader drains, then Advy cat works nicely.

This is about the median damage trying that:

You hit Punching Bag for 8742 points of Burst damage.
    You hit Punching Bag for 5716 points of Fling Shot damage.
    You hit Punching Bag for 5716 points of projectile damage. Critical hit!

Fluctuated between 5500 and 6k ish.

Best burst so far:

You hit Punching Bag for 10079 points of Burst damage.
    I have the same crits at lvl 200ish with a waltzing queen. Can't wait to dual weild for more hits + burst!
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    I have the same crits at lvl 200ish with a waltzing queen. Can't wait to dual weild for more hits + burst!
    As I outlined earlier, the TS process is VERY hard. I'd recommend going to 220 before trying it.

If you try it out and get jammed up, I'm usually running around on "Proserpexa" atm. Feel free to send a tell and I can lend a hand.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

As I outlined earlier, the TS process is VERY hard. I'd recommend going to 220 before trying it.

If you try it out and get jammed up, I'm usually running around on "Proserpexa" atm. Feel free to send a tell and I can lend a hand.
    Thanks! But the TS requirements are only for the perfected one? Planning on going low recoil until 215+ just need the upgrade item for the pistols :P
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    Thanks! But the TS requirements are only for the perfected one? Planning on going low recoil until 215+ just need the upgrade item for the pistols :P
    Yea, that works ok.

Non-crits will make you want to cry a bit, though. Can expect with decent gear to get about 1100 dmg from regulars with Low Recoil version.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

I am already crying from the non crits on my waltzing queen :P

I've tried a bunch of different weapons with agents now. Pistols, MA, Rifle obviously, but now Shotgun.
    offtopic, but how did the MA setup work out? If my calcs are right, could get ~3300 AR with around 60-70% crit chance using Slayerdroid transference and trader drains. That would hit pretty hard, like 8-9k hard. On aliens my doc hits 6-7k crits with 2500ish AR, and 4k on maximum AC mobs. I imagine you can also swap in piercing evil for SA as an opener and with concentrate it would be pretty slick DD, at least as much as the PDKP if not more. Its a retarded melee setup tho and a pain to maintain...
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

The MA setup is decent if you want to go full agg or enough enough inits to hit quickly. You can run absurd amounts of crit. Dual shens with MA attack is the way to go if you do it. SA is pretty garbage in PVM once you're 1/1/1 because of swap-out times. Better off just hitting things. Also, trader/slayer morph aren't worth as much as you think. It's a struggle to get your MA skill high enough to be as good as you think, and doing that sacrifices +damage from other morphs. Kitty cycles with conc.

Also, it doesn't come close to PDKP. The update thread has some damage info, but somethere there's a thread where this stuff gets hashed out. I did MA and pistol and rifle agents on test pretty extensively, and I'm sure Rockdizzle and others did as well. From what I remember, PDKP > MA > Pistols > Chaos > Gankar, but it's pretty marginal. Before the patch, PDKP wasn't on the chart and rifle was way below Chaos. Now, it's a small IP investment to get Chaos, which I don't think is too far above Gankar. You butcher your IP moving up from there, and might as well go all the way.

Basically, if you want to trash your IP and do lots of DD, go PDKP. If you don't, go Chaos or just use dd equip/fps with rifle. Pistol and MA are best done on test, enjoyed, and moved on from. :P

Initial quick and dirty test.

Orgmates and I did LOTV:

Place. Player (Damage/Damage per Minute/Hits/Crits/Crit%/highest hit)
    1. Proserpexa ( 1.112.538 / 433.440 / 133 / 85 / 63% / 12.058 )

Far from done yet... but... oh sh!t, I beat my NT?!

Quote Originally Posted by aramsunat View Post
    offtopic, but how did the MA setup work out? If my calcs are right, could get ~3300 AR with around 60-70% crit chance using Slayerdroid transference and trader drains. That would hit pretty hard, like 8-9k hard. On aliens my doc hits 6-7k crits with 2500ish AR, and 4k on maximum AC mobs. I imagine you can also swap in piercing evil for SA as an opener and with concentrate it would be pretty slick DD, at least as much as the PDKP if not more. Its a retarded melee setup tho and a pain to maintain...
    I really enjoyed it when I was playing him. Lots of laughs and confused the hell out of everyone.

I want to pick back up on him some time and see what can be done. Last I left off, I had 1 Viral Force Blade on and the damage was satisfying even coming from NT, Soldier, etc. Typical setup was MP pets, slayer trans, trader drains, and he hit like a mack truck from the MA Fist weapon.
    Last edited by Vinkera; Feb 19th, 2017 at 15:16:39.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Meh makes me want to regret investing all that time and money in my adventurer if all he can do is 300k dpm. It's more than a 25 % damage difference, which is a very big difference compared to other games where more or less balance wise it can vary between 5-10%. Thanks for the numbers!
    Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

Quote Originally Posted by Timba View Post
    Meh makes me want to regret investing all that time and money in my adventurer if all he can do is 300k dpm. It's more than a 25 % damage difference, which is a very big difference compared to other games where more or less balance wise it can vary between 5-10%. Thanks for the numbers!
    how do you think fixers feel :P at this point in time i dont even swap off craphander for pvm because even in a max dd setup damage is so low that it's not worth the effort to swap in MR gear

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    how do you think fixers feel :P at this point in time i dont even swap off craphander for pvm because even in a max dd setup damage is so low that it's not worth the effort to swap in MR gear
    No doubt. When I left AO way back when, my fixer was almost as good on DD as my shade. Not quite, but very decent and I preferred the fixer.

Today? I log him on rare occasions. You know, when IA says there's something in his bank.

I miss mah fixer.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

The high damage number there is certainly impressive, but I can't sustain that for long. That was done with trader drains, then True Profession into Advy cat.

However, in a somewhat defensive setup, I tested her on a punching bag for 4 minutes. That was Doctor FP, weapons 75%, and evade hud 3, and AAD utils. That came out to about 337,000 DPM. Although that's still really high, it's the more practical setup that I use most of the time. Most of the time, I feel my NT would blow that away even if I were playing like a slob. I haven't tested her yet as advy cat with weapons 100% and no drains though. That would be a more accurate depiction of her sustainable damage.

Aggro can certainly be a problem like Rock suspected. My agent has quickly become the bane of every tank! :P It's mostly about playing smart, though. If you don't give the tank some lead-in, you're going to get agg using a setup like this offensively.

Completely off topic, but I don't really see any reason PDKP wouldn't work well on both Advy and Fixer. IP cost for Fixer is roughly the same as pistol, and PVP'ers already sink some IP in it anyway... might as well save the Multi Ranged and max shotgun instead, etc. Advy, the IP cost is higher, but looking at +Crit setup makes me curious how well it would perform. I put D-Shark on my Advy to be different, but I'm already over it, so time to try something new! I actually intend to try out both of these setups soon, so if no one else does it first, I'll blab about those next. :P
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

When doing DPM parses you should make them in 7 min increments (14/21/28 etc) as it includes the downtime on Toxic Shock (5min buff, 7min cooldown).
    100% PDKPs, Offence Hud and a few other Add Dmg/Crit swaps combined with items like Fallen Stars/Heroes Discus, Wen-Wen and Hedgehod Grenades will give you a pretty massive DPM boost without needing anything suicidal like Sinew/Berserker symb. The last 3 items alone add more than 20k DPM (solo my Fallen Stars on average does 2.8k/11secs, Hedgehog grenades does 1.2-1.3k/9secs and Wen-Wen does 1.1-1.2k/14secs with a 3m AOE).

My personal advice is just go all out on your Agent and forget about stuff like stealing agg from Enfs and instead make teams with Keeps/Traders replacing Enfs so you can tank and DD on your Agent or any DD prof you want.
    You will feel much better in the long run and probably do more teaming as you try other profs out.

About Advys it would require testing but Advy with MA weaps might be the best DD setup for Advys or at least go toe to toe with Peh'wer/PDKP, I don't play Advy to really know but nowadays crit gear is everywhere making MA possibly viable.
    I know MA setup is pretty boring with like 5 profs able to run it fairly competently but it does have the benefit of more debuff support from https://aoitems.com/item/204328/280/...cloudless-sky/ and https://aoitems.com/item/204326/260/flower-of-life/.
    "Flower of Life" is pretty minimal as it mostly helps with perking but "Bright, Blue, Cloudless Sky" is pretty OP and shouldn't be ignored as I almost always use it on my MA Doctor alongside "Dazzle with Lights" to reduce need for healing on myself as 90% of solds excluding PDKP Solds and even some Def Shades can't hold agg off me (granted I try and pull agg).

*In case anyone has ever wondered no Keepers can't run MA setup effectively due to not being able to keep Tonfas 100% without the Combat Hud for +75 MA.

Again off topic, but I've done Envy / PDKP on Fixer now.

No time to test at the moment for any good length of time, but it appears to be a slight improvement, damage wise. I kind of put my fixer on ice for a while, so haven't sorted everything out really. She's got pretty much a cookie cutter setup on, other than replacing rat gun with PDKP. Still lacking 20 points to cap full auto, but we'll see how it goes when I get a chance to test.

The crits are quite nice, of course:
    You hit Punching Bag for 5121 points of projectile damage. Critical hit!

Burst seems to fluctuate between 7.5-8.5K. I feel like that's roughly the same, or maybe a bit higher. I can't remember. :P

You hit Punching Bag for 8132 points of Burst damage.

That's with +486 Energy / Projectile damage sitting idle and no perks going.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Thanks for this great guide on how to make the PDKPs. As a returning Agent after 6 years break, i made them on my agent yesterday. However i went a little diffrent on the gear though and wondered if im going the right way. I do not go for heavy crit like you did cause i rely on the 30% proc.

https://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=204617

My goal was to be able to use the PDKPs without having to rely on Trader drains and right now im over 1800 shotgun to make just that.

Im working on getting my stellar and my merrits board upgraded.

However im working on research and going to go for the extra 5% crit from there. Currently my crit is 56+30 but i also have the OFAB head/gloves + DBOCP in my bag. I just don't see the benefit of going OE and having to rely on trader to get enough shotgun. I also want to try the +100 dmg hud instead of the ELLTS but im afraid the 15% crit loss is going to be too much. Im also not convinced that i should swap out my DB bracer for Bracelet of Arul Saba.

The obvious solution is to upgrade to Alphas, but i do not see that possible for me at the current time.

Any advice?

Did a 7 min parse to test with 72% crit

Subzan : 72.3% | 343,806

Not too shabby with only perks and fling/burst in Agent form only selfbuffed.
    Last edited by Subzan; Mar 7th, 2017 at 22:08:34.
    Buff Subzan Dispenser
    My Setup
    "Hahaha you guys couldn't hit water even if u were standing in a bottom of a sea!"

Quote Originally Posted by Subzan View Post
    Thanks for this great guide on how to make the PDKPs. As a returning Agent after 6 years break, i made them on my agent yesterday. However i went a little diffrent on the gear though and wondered if im going the right way. I do not go for heavy crit like you did cause i rely on the 30% proc.

https://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=204617

My goal was to be able to use the PDKPs without having to rely on Trader drains and right now im over 1800 shotgun to make just that.

Im working on getting my stellar and my merrits board upgraded.

However im working on research and going to go for the extra 5% crit from there. Currently my crit is 56+30 but i also have the OFAB head/gloves + DBOCP in my bag. I just don't see the benefit of going OE and having to rely on trader to get enough shotgun. I also want to try the +100 dmg hud instead of the ELLTS but im afraid the 15% crit loss is going to be too much. Im also not convinced that i should swap out my DB bracer for Bracelet of Arul Saba.

The obvious solution is to upgrade to Alphas, but i do not see that possible for me at the current time.

Any advice?

Did a 7 min parse to test with 72% crit

Subzan : 72.3% | 343,806

Not too shabby with only perks and fling/burst in Agent form only selfbuffed.
    Well, I did have to rely on Trader FP back at 215, but a lot has changed since then.

Currently, I swap a Combat Tuner on and off to swap up and down between 100% and OE, and there's a very important reason for that! Sounds dumb purposely nerfing your damage, but based on the teams you end up with doing stuff, 100% is just usually too much damage to handle.

Agent has amazing potential to be both an unexpected miracle worker capable of saving a raid, or a microscopic wrecking ball capable of screwing up everything. Damage has a big impact on both of those, but too much has proved to be very bad. But, having a built in brake pedal like that is extremely useful.

Some places I've used agent really well: DB1 and 2 as Enf FP (no problem keeping agg with great damage + little Mongo and the HP buff brings a scrawny Opifex to around 35k HP.) S28 and 13 as NT FP for AoE nukes and blinds. PoH as Enf FP to off tank for boss 2. Inf missions as Crat FP to bring XP buffs, calms, init debuffs, and charm Mortiigs / Vortexoids for more damage. Pretty much anywhere as Advy FP to bring the awesome advy team buffs and a random CH is usually handy.

Agent has a great knack for not usually replacing a key profession, but being extremely useful if FP'd properly.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Not sure I understand why almost every single prof feels entitled to near-maximum dmg output. It's the utility that makes each prof interesting and nobody ever rolled a fixer to be the top dmg dealer in a PvM encounter. I'd complain about the lack of encounters in which your tool set is desirable instead.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Not sure I understand why almost every single prof feels entitled to near-maximum dmg output. It's the utility that makes each prof interesting and nobody ever rolled a fixer to be the top dmg dealer in a PvM encounter. I'd complain about the lack of encounters in which your tool set is desirable instead.
    because fixers never had any pvm utility. we were always in the park-at-oag-and-buff-alts category of utility, like MP's, rather than have any actual role in a team besides smashing the dd keybind. and if our role in pvm is to smash the dd keybind it would be nice for the dd keybind to actually do dd.
    Last edited by Lazy; Mar 8th, 2017 at 20:22:58.

because fixers never had any pvm utility. we were always in the park-at-oag-and-buff-alts category of utility, like MP's, rather than have any actual role in a team besides smashing the dd keybind. and if our role in pvm is to smash the dd keybind it would be nice for the dd keybind to actually do dd.
    I think you're misrepresenting what makes it enjoyable to play fixer. In a raid context they're in the same group as the majority of profs - only doc/enf/sol/crat are really "required" in general. I'm not here to hijack the thread though, so I'll leave it at that
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast